Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, not sure if there was a thread about this already, but I'm sure some veteran of these forums will reply and tell me I'm an idiot for not knowing that there was one three years ago, but oh well. Anyway, I'm seriously getting tired of hearing songs by rappers like Snoop Dogg, talking about smoking weed and getting high and shit like that. Where do these ass-hats get the right to talk about their illegal drug using habits in the main-stream media without getting in trouble for it? About a year ago, we hear from Snoop Dogg that he's cleaned himself up and doesn't mess with marajuana anymore, and now he's released a song with the lyric "I roll the best weed cause I got it goin on". I don't know about you guys, but I say that's probable cause to search that man's house for drugs. When the guy is putting out songs like "Smoke Weed Everyday", and lyrics like "I smoke an ounce and bounce at the same time", search warrants should be issued for the mother fuckers house. I've even seen stuff on TELEVISION showing him holding a marajuana blunt in his hand. What the FUCK is that shit?! If anyone else did that, they'd be in jail, but when that dickhole does it, it's accepted world-wide. Does anyone else see where I'm coming from on this?

SIG

·
Registered
12,400 Posts
Sorry to break it to you but thats all rap is , Weed, Pussy, bling, more weed, more pussy, escalades. I listened to rap for five years faithfully, then one day I realized most of it was garbage. The funny thing is that 85% of hip hops sells are rooted in white surbania, not the ghetto

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Yeah, I think this goes in the Music section, but oh well, not my place to say.

I do agree with you though. There is the tiny amount of meaningful rap, a tiny bit of world peace stuff, but then that is totally outweighed by the 'bling bling' shit. It is all about ho's, money, cars, weed and homies etc., as was mentioned above. Oh well, I guess you can only not listen to it and hope it becomes unpopular and dies out. Shitty repetitive music....

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
But yo my niigas, I gots to get payed so I can get sum bling for ma hommies and get all the hunnies in my escalades while I roll on 22, cluthing my 9 while I'm rollin a fatty and screwing some ho's. Bitch.

I think I'm on to something. Platinum records here I come!

But seriously, shitty music.

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
And rap lovers will enter a thread saying that this isn't what rap and hip-hop is about. But it is. Some rappers do have songs that have other subjects, but the rest of their CD will be full of weed and money and shit.

·
Banned
731 Posts
I like rap from before 2000 and it's not shitty bling bling.

·
Banned
12 Posts
I think we all know were you are coming from. And if I was a cop I myself would bust down his front and cuff the stupid ******. People like him give black people a bad name, and its not right. I can almost ensure you 80% the black population if not more hate knowing there black like that guy. Serisoult who wouldn't?

·
Banned
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Although I was talking about the overdone content of rap music, my main "rant" was about how guys like Snoop Dogg can RECORD himself "rapping" about smoking weed and how often he does it, but he doesn't face any consequences. While if I were to record a little tape of myself talking about that (even though I don't do drugs), my ass would get hauled off to jail immediately.

SIG

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
All I've gotta say is I hate rap with a passion, yet I'm a pro-bono pot head. The references don't mean shit. It's all about personal choice. No matter how cool you think you look...if ya don't like it, you won't do it. I went from age 14-18 to know it.

Maybe it's different for other people. Maybe they cave under such pressures. If so, their self confidence evidently needs a boost. And a nicely rolled batch of yes-u-can-ibus might do the trick. Who knows? So who are you to say word one about it! Go back to D.A.R.E., narc! :D

·
Banned
252 Posts
Actually the thing that pisses my off about rappers, is how most of them act like they do all this stuff. None of them are in gangs, they dont all smoke weed, they dont live in the ghetto. They dont do almost any of those things that act like they do to try and sound cool.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I myself am not a big rap fan I do like some of Tupacs music, but ya your mainly right about rap. It's basically the same stuff over and over in every song on their albums and what hurts me the most is rappers sell more CD's then other artists/ music like Eminem, 50 Cent, Snoop Dogg among others. Most people like to hear smack my bitch up and my ***** or something like that and to me it's sickening.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts