Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
When I was at university skint as shit I used to shift a bit of weed to help fund student life. Had a Dutch mate on my course who lived in Amsterdam during non-term time. We used to get him to supply the bud and sneak it over on the ferry in the back of a florists van! We had the best shit in town.

Those days are well behind me but still smoke a few times a week, usually when I've got one of my really early starts at work to help me sleep. Had been on a bit of a health kick pre lockdown and had spent big money on a vaporiser to cut out harmful tobacco smoking. Much cleaner high but still love a nice joint from time to time haha.

And to answer the question obviously alcohol is more harmful than weed, the statistics aren't hard to come across. I've never smoked a spliff and wanted to kick seven bells of shit out of somebody, can't say the same about booze

·
Registered
707 Posts
At those prices I can see why you'd choose weed over alcohol lol. In Michigan mid range 1/8s go for $70 plus 16% tax.
I'm in modesto CA

Cookies store opened a few months ago.....thk god.

Most dispensaries have good mid grade from $30- 50 an eighth that's between 18-25% thc.

Cookies store has the fire advertised as designer marijuana from 22-37% thc

Prices are 35 - 72$ an eighth.

Got some grape pie its 35% and absolute fire

·
Registered
53 Posts
I agree. Unlike alcohol poisoning, nobody has ever once died from a pot overdose. And this is coming from someone originally from Northern Ireland, so I love my stouts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Helathy meaning not having any condition that would require weed or medication to ease pain.

And as far as "missing out" on life goes, I'm just sad for people who are addicted to something.
LMAO at anyone who has said they were addicted to weed.

Weed is legal bro you dont need to be an aids patient to smoke a bowl.

Weed is 1000000 × safer then alcohol plain and simply you cant overdose from thc you just curl up and sleep.

·
Registered
707 Posts
My ex's sister's boyfriend needed to smoke a dozen joints a day or he wasn't able to do much. At this point it really was like an addiction.
That guy was a loser lol

There is nothing in marijuana that is addictive it's just a habitual thing if you have an addictive personality then you are fucked.

Dude musta had some garbage you dont need to smoke that match lol.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Whilst it is safer doesn't mean it is SAFE.
I have been involved with many individuals who have used the "wrong" strain of cannabis and ended up with severe psychosis and schizophrenia. It is proven to have the side effect of increased anxiety despite having the short term anti-anxiety effect. I would say that alcohol is hideous in the longer term. Whilst the risks of cannabis are much lower (physically), if you get a psychotic illness its often life destroying.

Both are reasonable in moderation. If you are addicted to alcohol it often destroys your life socially, economically, work etc. If you are hooked on cannabis your motivation will likely suffer, you may experience increased risks of anxiety and psychosis, you may spent excessive money on the habit and other areas of life may suffer.

Its the same as any substance - if I eat fast food every day for 30 years I'll likely keel over and die of a massive heart attack. All in moderation.

It is astounding how they legalise alcohol and not cannabis though, the healthcare costs of alcohol addiction and/or misuse massively outweigh those associated with cannabis. If anything from an economic perspective it would make sense for alcohol to be illegal and cannabis not to be.

·
Registered
919 Posts
My ex's sister's boyfriend needed to smoke a dozen joints a day or he wasn't able to do much. At this point it really was like an addiction.
The problem is that whilst cannabis is addictive it is not PHYSICALLY addictive and that's the problem. Its why many drug support services in the UK can't "do" much for cannabis addiction because its a psychological problem which is not as easy to treat.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
I wish getting high was like the first time I did it. I loved it. Just smoked a little schwag and laughed a lot.

As I mentioned in my original post, after a couple bouts of severe panic attacks with derealization and depersonalization, I realized it’s too unpredictable. I may end up having fun and playing video games, or I may end up in the hospital with tachycardia...... I’m not saying it’s safer, but I’ll stick to booze from here on out

41 - 60 of 69 Posts