Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,300 Posts
W
Seconded on the White Widow. Good stuff.

"It's a nice day for some White Widow!"
When I can get it I buy enough as i can get .

You got taste my man.

·
Premium Member
10,700 Posts
I'm gona give my 2 cents here.

Weed is great definitely, and has been a big part of my life over the past 8 years, however, it has drawbacks I can't deny anymore that I came to grips with a few months back. Interesting topic to read now for me.
I was mostly able to control my need for it, until I couldn't. For example I would smoke for like 3 months and then stop for 3 weeks before doing it again, now it's been 10months non-stop.

I'm smoking way more recently, the past 9-10 months, I got a great but very intense internship, after getting home
after my 12h-14h shifts, all i wanted to do was come home and smoke. This started a very bad cycle for me. A Lazy piece of shit cycle I would say.

Here are some (imo negative things) things I believe has happened to me (keeping in mind I was very HAPPY, i mean I was high):
  • I know that my memory is fucked because of it, I forget a lot of shit, where i put my stuff, emails to reply to, a bunch of stuff.
  • Weed enhanced everything to me so I became very depended on it, if I were eating great and I wasn't high.. I'd be so disappointed thinking "oh man if I were high rn this would even taste 1000x better"
  • It really does make you slow on some things..
  • Mostly, I feel like it's becoming more of a chore to me, than a pleasure, I have to SMOKE A LOT, to feel anything. I want to be passionate about other stuff and do other stuff, like learning a 4th language, read more about other continents geo-politics, or even just do more intense work-outs instead of the usual stuff (All stuff i started doing but stopped once I felt like coming home and smoking weed >> everything else).
  • Me and my group of friends who smoke together, especially the closest to me, needed before every party, before going out to meet other friends who don't know we smoke, pre-thanksgivings and Christmas "car ride/hot box"..there was a lot of sneaking around and shit for it, and after many times I wonder if its worth it.
- This is, even more, testimonial/personal: I feel like it increased my anxiety or Paranoia, but I also legitimately believe it made me a more "wise" person. I know its a cliché, but some of the greatest talks I've had with my friends were when I was high. But also some of the worst, I've definitely noticed some shady shit/characteristics from a few friends in the circle (Jealousy, cheap free-riders, loud non-stop talking obnoxious ones, disrespectful friends that don't respect your house as your smoking and throw their munchies crap everywhere), stuff that I never noticed unless I'm high or they high. Of course, I also notice who I have great chemistry with and who I can trust more.

I'm at a point in my life, in which I hope I don't buy weed anymore (I still have some, and as long as I have at home, I know I will smoke, I'll probably roll one after I'm done typing this).

I have to mention as well, I lived in Singapore for a while and it wasn't accessible to me there (they lash you 40 times, 20k fine, and 2 years prison), so I replaced it with alcohol. I'm pretty sure I was on average having 1-2 bottles of either gin or vodka per week. Rough few months there.

Overall, I'd have to say yes Weed is much better than alcohol to me.
I'm currently at a critical point with everything going on, and I can't have Weed standing in my way anymore, I can't be as dependant on it as I have been for the past decade. It all should be in moderation, ideally, I just want to smoke when its offered to me in parties, or from time to time with a friend, just like if we're going out to have a glass of whiskey. (It's really gona be a sucky feeling when I finish my stash and 3h later i'm ordering again xD but I'm hoping not this time, just like always)

Now if u excuse me, you know what sounds good? a glass of whiskey with a J while I watch some new TV series I started.

I've gotten 2 Indicas and a hybrid from a seemingly reputable dispensary, they were all between 17 and 19%. I wanted to buy the 22-25% stuff but they're only sold by the 8th and I'm not ready to make that big of a commitment yet, I'm fairly new to weed so if I have a tolerance it's natural. The other day I smoked half a gram of 17.7% in about 5 minutes and got 0 buzz, that's about $13 worth of weed from a recreational dispensary; I can get a good buzz off a $2 tall boy of Bud Light.

I still have a gram of 15.5% because it was on sale for $15 so I'm going to smoke all of it in one sitting and hope for the best but considering how cheap it was I'm not expecting much.
One of my close super friends, she kept smoking with us for 7-8 months before started "feeling it". We joke a lot now about how much investment/money we had to put with her for her to get on "our level".

I had a schizophrenic episode high on weed and attacked my roommate. Never done that on alcohol, just saying.

Weed should be legal and can be fine in moderation but we need to stop pretending it's some miracle herb with literally no side effects.
Oh man, that sucks. Was it a completely random attack?

I've never had a bad trip I would say, I've only puked when I mixed different alcohols and then smoked weed.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Went back to my bargain weed shop yesterday. They were doing an eighth for $35 but had a special that if I bought 4 eighths it's $100. I gave the $100. Right after I go to the supermarket to get groceries. I put the brown paper bag with all 4 eighths in it on the front seat. The windows were down and a gust of wind threw everything from the bag in the air. I freaked out and looked but none of the bagged weed flew out the window. I was stupid but lucky and will now keep the weed in the center console until I get home.

You guys use herb grinders? I just bought a new one from Amazon.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
I wish more was known about weed and how it interacts with our bodies and endocannabinoid system because I can NOT smoke weed. I have extreme panic attacks and dissociation to the point of feeling like I’ve had a psychotic break. Anyone that’s experienced it (“greening out” as some say) know how hellish it can be. Alcohol has never caused anything of the sort (I’m not saying alcohol is safer, just mean for what it does to me).

I smoked schwag my first time and had fun. I smoked a couple of times after that and was fine. Then I smoked some nugs and had an unenjoyable high. Not a panic attack, but felt “too high” and I wanted it to end. I ended up smoking the same stuff again the next day and had full blown begging to be taken to the hospital panic attack. I thought my weed was laced (it wasn’t). That caused me to quit for over 10 years. I got back into it and began smoking weed mixed with CBD to try and counteract the negative effects of the THC. It worked for a while and was rather enjoyable until I ended up using too much real weed and not enough CBD and had the worst panic attack of my life. I ended up going to the hospital because I thought maybe the CBD was spice or something (it wasn’t) my heart rate was nearly 200 BPM and my blood pressure was 220/130 or something like that .... clearly not “safe”. They gave me some benzos or something and I ended up calming down.

After that, I decided to only smoke a tiny amount of straight weed. No mixing (again, I thought it was laced/spice for whatever reason). I could take a single tiny hit and not really notice anything. After doing this a few nights, I ended up taking about 2 hits. BOOM. The feeling of impending doom, my heart beating through my chest. This time I knew it was the weed, so I tried relaxing as much as possible, but it didn’t help much. My thoughts were still super irrational (it’s hard to explain, like being disconnected from time and reality and almost felt like I was still stuck in that bad high from months before). I was eventually able to pass out, but was out of it for days.

So yeah, weed isn’t for me. And I know a lot of people I’ve talked to that have had the same experiences. That second freak out I had, I was having auditory hallucinations (among other insane things), and it was crazy bc I heard someone talking about having the EXACT same thing.

The best I could find in my research is that it may cause an extreme stimulation by activating the receptors in the amygdala, causing that fight or flight response. The thing is, it’s not something you can prepare for. It’s literally impossible to think, “it’s just weed” to calm myself down. I feel completely detached from reality during those incidents.

I also find it strange that I had a very enjoyable first experience. Perhaps age plays a part (I know people that can no longer smoke as they’ve gotten older due to anxiety and paranoia), but mostly, im sure it has to do with THC levels. Schwag vs. sour diesel (my second freak out) or Gorilla Glue (my third freak out) isn’t comparable.

Also, there’s a lot of literature on the increased numbers of hospital visits in places like Colorado, so it’s a very real thing.

I don’t object to weed be legal, and I realize it has health benefits and is way healthier than booze.... I just wish we knew more about it and how it works in people’s bodies. Greening out is ridiculously traumatic (I know that’s a strong word, but it’s absolutely true) and it’s something that sticks with you long after the weed is out of your system. That’s why I waited nearly 15 years to try it again, and even then thought maybe it only happened because my weed was laced. Foolishly, I continued trying it after my second bad experience as I thought it was the CBD’s fault.

Im thankful that I didn’t go into cardiac arrest

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,300 Posts
I own a house, just sold one and I'm no bum thanks very much @TerraRising

I smoke to help combat my seizures .

Peace.
20200320_165341.jpg

·
Registered
308 Posts
I don't know about you guys but lately I haven't been able to find 91% Isopropyl Alcohol in stock at stores to clean my bong with which has been getting dirtier and dirtier. Well, Google and YouTube are your friend so I checked around until I found a video of a guy using OxiClean to clean his bong. I used this method on my bong which was way dirtier than his. Worked great. Now I know, don't just clean it, OxiClean it. It's amazing!

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
As an aside, weed is illegal in my state.... why is it so expensive where y’all are? It seems like black market prices are better in some scenarios. That’s crazy to me.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I got arrested in 2010 for weed, it was too fun. Here in my town getting arrested and bragging about it is a trend and I’m glad I got arrested atleast one time.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,300 Posts
Weeds illegal full stop hete in the uk . Glad i know good ppl up in my city or they just palm wannabe tough guys with shit. Bulk buying is best i noticed my bill had went up just £5 so i complained wasn't about the money the fucking dickheed driver who gets paid a wage to drop is charging petrol fucking 20 drops u work the math on top of ur daily wage wasnt happening to my mates so he thought We was smucks, i phones my guy he's limmke you what , don't hit him ill sort it . Half an hour later the greaze ball turns up nearly going to cry as he knew he'd fucked the wrong guy . Here Carter there's a just over q of white Rhino and your fiver . Looks at him straight in the face as i knew it was supposed to be 10g. Not fucking 7.8. The ballz on this prick I said the rest and if u give me any b.s where getting it on I've never seen the prick run and get it . Also made sure he dropped all my friends £5s as we're a close set when it comes to smoke. Now he's on what we call THE DOLE, A BUM , HANDOUTS OF THE GOVERNMENT. I know some ppl need to be on there due to not being able to work and ain't nothin wrong in my eyes with that.

End of the day I can't stand ppl him, if he had of said something to my good mate he would be ok he would of helped out no problem. But taking when ur getting a goid wage then fuck him.

By the way still doesn't beat white widow. Lovely smoke tho guys.

First time i got the munchies in ages, made a prawn curry for tea.

Peace.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,300 Posts
Guys who smoke have any.of you lot heard of bubble hash ? If so what did u guys think? My experience was freaking shit was like smoking the crap stuff u got before u get to know ppl . Guy offered me some yday went no lad. Half an hour later my white widow arrived oz n I.got some white Rhino only a quarter. Mixed them with my mates last night I'm still stoned a bit now and I'm about to blaze one

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah how is this still an unpopular opinion? Why do people still believe weed is awful but alcohol should be legalized? There are 0 recorded deaths in history, from consuming too much weed. Alcohol on the other hand...

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Yeah how is this still an unpopular opinion? Why do people still believe weed is awful but alcohol should be legalized? There are 0 recorded deaths in history, from consuming too much weed. Alcohol on the other hand...
I agree and think weed is certainly safer, but I don’t believe the common belief that nobody has died from weed. Maybe not an overdose, per se, but the “green outs”/panic attacks I had were so intense, and increased my blood pressure and heart rate so dramatically, I can’t imagine there haven’t been people out there with underlying heart issues that weed exacerbated if they had the same experiences I had.

Again, I’m not trying to say that weed is some deadly drug or worse than alcohol, it isn’t, I just also can’t imagine that it has never caused a heart attack or something of the sort in novice users with underlying health issues.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Does the fact that there are more rehab programs available for alcohol than weed any kind of indication of which is safer? Still haven't seen the Malibu Clinic for Recovering Stoners advertised on the TV yet.

I got something called Gorilla Cookies that I'm about to light up in the bong. Using this HiSi downstem that really makes a difference as I can be a fire breathing dragon with no cough.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts