Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why aren't wednesdays good for showing wrestling?

Sundays are ppv days for WWE and TNA
Monday is Raw
Tuesday is NXT(ecw before that)
Thursday used to be SD and is now Superstars is still Impact
Friday is now SD
Saturday usually has weekly recap shows and vintage collections

What's with Wednesdays? Last time I checked, there's no real big threat on wednesdays to a wrestling show.

Look at the shows this past wednesday:

8 p.m.

CBS: "Survivor: Nicaragua" (12 million viewers, 7.0/11 households)
ABC: "The Middle" (9.2 million, 5.4/9)/"Better With You" (7 million, 4.3/7)
NBC: "Dateline" special (6.7 million, 4.6/8)
FOX: "Human Target" season premiere (6.6 million, 4.0/7)
The CW: "America's Next Top Model" (2.5 million, 1.7/3)

9 p.m.

CBS: "Criminal Minds" (14.3 million, 8.5/14)
ABC: "Modern Family" (12 million, 7.1/11)/"Cougar Town" (7.1 million, 4.4/7)
NBC: "Law & Order: SVU" (7.6 million, 5.1/8)
FOX: "Hell's Kitchen" (5.9 million, 3.5/5)
The CW: "Hellcats" (2.1 million, 1.3/2)

Survivor is from September-December and February-May, so for most of the year it'll be getting the 12+M viewers but it won't effect WWE.

The other channels don't seem to average a more significant amount of viewers than raw from 8-9pm and from 9-10pm, the ratings do go up.

So why doesn't WWE have a show on wednesday instead? Like have Raw on Mondays as usual, SD on Wednesdays(even have taping moved to wednesday) and then their other show(whether it be nxt,tough enough or w/e show wwe is gonna have) can be on friday(since friday still has an ok amount of viewers and the only ppl who'll watch wwe on fridays would be the real dedicated fans who probably watch wwe's 3rd and 4th shows anyways)

Not much competition for them on wednesdays could end up putting them with a high amount of viewers.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Same over here too in england... I just find Wednesday television real boring tbh. Never understood it myself, maybe because it's usually football or something on.

·
Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts
5,594 Posts
Always wondered about that as well. All Wednesday has going for it is new South Park, otherwise it is a useless television day. It deserves some wrestling.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
I'd rather they kept Smackdown! on Fridays to be honest. Smackdown's one of the few wrestling shows I can watch on the TV and not have to watch on Youtube seeing as it's shown on a day when I have no work the next day.

It's all very well if you stay in eastern America or whatever with RAW starting at 9PM but 2am In the UK Is too late for me and I'd rather not have the same thing happen with Smackdown!

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SD would be from 8-10pm as usual. And there's nothing wrong with replaying SD on another day like thursday or friday(something I'm surprised WWE doesn't do considering a replay of the show at the same time on another day might still get them 1-2M viewers).

You might not have work, but when you look at the majority of the people who will watch WWE, it seems like at least half of them don't watch SD because they're busy doing other things. So WWE needs to consider the majority of their fans and not a small amount of them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
put wcw on wednesdays

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Divas only show on Wednesdays where they invent a divas midcard title & also actually have writers write stories for the divas perhaps? Make it TV-MA for the sex sells approach?

:side:

·
Banned
9,124 Posts
It's not a good day for anything. Wednesday is the shittiest day of the week. Not even Christmas cheers me up if it's on a Wednesday. Regardless, I still have two more days of work. So yeah... wrestling wouldn't really help.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
WWE executives probably didn't want to move Smackdown again as it could do more damage.That's if Syfy actually permitted them a night other than Saturday.

Also,WWE is so unpopular that finding a decent television deal is a major headache! USA Network haven't offered them more than 3 hours per week; Syfy cancelled NXT,so they probably don't desire another show.The deal with NBC means they can't negotiate with another cable media conglomerate.The best they can find is WGN America.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Wednesdays run down like for me...

8 p.m.-Survivor

9 p.m.-Criminal Minds/Man vs. Food/Man vs. Wild

10 p.m.-Psych/Real World/Road Rules Challenge/Ultimate Fighter

11 p.m.-Blue Mountain State

There's sooo many shows on television on Wednesday and I think it's smart for WWE to not have a show then. If anything, they should flip flop Superstars and Smackdown days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts