Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i havent posted on here before and im a huge punk fan but he didnt start this reality thing nxt did and it shifted way we see the wwe now but from reading comments about the whole subject i thought id have my two cents search bryan danielsons speach on nxt cant post video

·
Registered
373 Posts
Fine,I'll humour you, but I don't think this is your first visit here. Something about this smells funny, but anyway:

When people name someone as synonymous with something else...

For example:

CM Punk and Reality Era

Stone Cold and Attitude Era

Halo and them damn stupid recovering health bars

People don't always mean "This started this." Most of the time, it's more a case of "This popularized this."

The person or thing that popularizes something is usually the one who gets the credit.

I think Goldust and DX had much to do with the beginning of the Attitude Era. And I'm pretty sure there's been other games with a recovery health bar the same way Halo do it. And, although I've not searched NXT/"My boy, D-Bry" but I'm pretty sure your statement is valid.

So yeah... "welcome to the forum";)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not my first visit here no mate i come on here all the time just to read but i always remember danielsons promo and it is shades of punk and think maybe that was the direction the company wanted to go from that punks was far much better cus it did give me that wtf moment and i agree with you that someone doesnt have to do something first to become popular many things are copied in this days culture and become more famous but it was fact that i loved bryans promo and never really occured to me that maybe that was a stepping stone for what was to come

·
Registered
373 Posts
Okay, my bad, friend. Welcome to the Forum. Sincerely.

I joined the same way. I'd been reading threads for a couple of weeks prior and was just amazed at the amount of discussion going on. I'd never seen anything like it. Just had to stick my own opinions into the mix, haha

Hello youtube...

DANIEL BRYAN KICKS ASS!!! Wow, what a promo. That guy has just gone a few more notches higher in my respect. So glad I saw that, thanks man. And CM Punk was right there watching too. My boy D-Bry might just have planted the seed in CM Punk's mind for what was to come, I see your point.

What a promo. That was from the heart, right there

·
homer function no well beer without
417 Posts
its not my first visit here no mate i come on here all the time just to read but i always remember danielsons promo and it is shades of punk and think maybe that was the direction the company wanted to go from that punks was far much better cus it did give me that wtf moment and i agree with you that someone doesnt have to do something first to become popular many things are copied in this days culture and become more famous but it was fact that i loved bryans promo and never really occured to me that maybe that was a stepping stone for what was to come
Is that one long sentence?

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Daniel Bryans NXT shoot was one of the first times I have ever heard a superstar shoot on WWE in a WWE show. The guy was a badass back then even getting fired for being violent lol.
I think both Paul Heyman and Joey Styles did something similar years prior but in recent times, it was definitely Danielson's promo that pushed the boundaries. But the point about associations made being to do with whoever popularised the thing and didn't make it is spot on.

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
I think both Paul Heyman and Joey Styles did something similar years prior but in recent times, it was definitely Danielson's promo that pushed the boundaries. But the point about associations made being to do with whoever popularised the thing and didn't make it is spot on.
I mostly meant "WWE Superstars" as in the actual wrestlers. I don't re-call many wrestlers shooting, only Daniel Bryan and CM Punk come to mind.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
If Daniel Bryan started it, then Michael Cole kept it going with his commentary on NXT 3. The way he was killing the divas on for a whole season was crazier than anything Daniel Bryan or CM Punk has said. He brought his shovel to work every week that season.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Fine,I'll humour you, but I don't think this is your first visit here. Something about this smells funny, but anyway:

When people name someone as synonymous with something else...

For example:

CM Punk and Reality Era

Stone Cold and Attitude Era

Halo and them damn stupid recovering health bars

People don't always mean "This started this." Most of the time, it's more a case of "This popularized this."

The person or thing that popularizes something is usually the one who gets the credit.

I think Goldust and DX had much to do with the beginning of the Attitude Era. And I'm pretty sure there's been other games with a recovery health bar the same way Halo do it. And, although I've not searched NXT/"My boy, D-Bry" but I'm pretty sure your statement is valid.

So yeah... "welcome to the forum";)
Come on now, dont be jealous of lil ol Halo me now :p

·
Registered
373 Posts
Come on now, dont be jealous of lil ol Halo me now :p
It's all your fault, damn you. When I figure out how to put my hands through the computer screen, I'm gonna strangle the life out of you!

Seriously though, I hate those damn health bars. I long for the days of Goldeneye N64, where you had to find health packs and body armour.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
There is no reality era... just idiots who think there is because a major storyline revolved around shoots for a while.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts