Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
both cena and lesnar bleeding a shitload. and the annoucners acknowledged this. does this mean blood is back?

·
Banned
212 Posts
In my opinion, Blood is overrated. Good storylines is all that counts and it definitely can be done without the use of cutting themselves like Emo's.

Also, Have you seen Jerry Lawler's forehead? Thats from years of blading.

·
Registered
8 Posts
In my opinion, Blood is overrated. Good storylines is all that counts and it definitely can be done without the use of cutting themselves like Emo's.

Also, Have you seen Jerry Lawler's forehead? Thats from years of blading.
I hear you, but the blood is what made it so brutal....people actually felt sorry for Cena....im not saying the blood is what caused those emotions from people, but...it did for me. It made me question...when and where he bladed or if in fact it was a real cut.

I agree that blood is not NEEDED, but i definatley think it adds alot of SOMETHING to a match....can't find the word, but when me and anybody i'm watching WWE with see blood, it is usually a "holy shit" moment, it makes the move/strike seem that much more devistating.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
No, I think this was just a one time thing to put over Lesnar as a monster. I had to ponder though while watching the match at the time, that they allowed Brock/Cena to have plenty of blood, but they couldn't allow any blood between HHH/Taker in Hell in a Cell at WrestleMania?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I thought it was great that they bled and let it go. I don't need to see blood on tv and I don't cry because the WWE doesn't use blood anymore, it's not a necessary part of wrestling.

But why did I think this was great? Because it wasn't a result of blading. It was all done the hard way, by actually beating the shit out of each other. It was so brutal and really became difficult to watch at some points. That's why it was great.

To answer your question: No, I don't think it's back in the sense of every other PPV we will see it. It's just that the WWE are easing up and allowing it to happen only when necessary. I'd say we would be lucky if we were to see one more instance of blood-letting like that this year.

·
Banned
212 Posts
I hear you, but the blood is what made it so brutal....people actually felt sorry for Cena....im not saying the blood is what caused those emotions from people, but...it did for me. It made me question...when and where he bladed or if in fact it was a real cut.

I agree that blood is not NEEDED, but i definatley think it adds alot of SOMETHING to a match....can't find the word, but when me and anybody i'm watching WWE with see blood, it is usually a "holy shit" moment, it makes the move/strike seem that much more devistating.
Good point. It does add more edginess and the "holy shit" moments but If blood is used in the WWE then it should only be used in PPV events like ER, EC etc. We don't need blood in every episode of RAW.

·
You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
7,825 Posts
The problem is they interrupted the match for the blood. Fucking people like Sabu slice their arm open with barb wire, sell it, get tape, take a backdrop on a chair at the same time they're taping up their arm and finish the match. In WWE someone gets a surface cut on their head and some douche medic needs to interrupt the match twice for safety. Just let the ref do his job. If it's serious the talent will let the ref know, the ref will let his opponent and backstage know. So douchey how they handle stuff like this.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I miss chair shots to the head more than I miss blood.

I wish WWE would use special chairs with really soft metal that would be good for one chair shot to the head.

Them having to turn their backs for every chair hit looks just stupid sometimes.

·
What?
13,511 Posts
The problem is they interrupted the match for the blood. Fucking people like Sabu slice their arm open with barb wire, sell it, get tape, take a backdrop on a chair at the same time they're taping up their arm and finish the match. In WWE someone gets a surface cut on their head and some douche medic needs to interrupt the match twice for safety. Just let the ref do his job. If it's serious the talent will let the ref know, the ref will let his opponent and backstage know. So douchey how they handle stuff like this.
It's a health and safety thing. Sabu is one of the worst examples to use, the guy is a fucking moron and a talentless hack except for his "exceptional ability" to throw himself off high shit.

I didn't mind the interruption, added to the tension, made Brock look more badass (him posing on the steps with Cena getting looked after was a good spot), got the crowd behind Cena and added to the ferocity and story-telling of the match. I don't care for blood but tonight it was good.

It was hardway bleeding too he didn't blade. I was watching it and I saw the blood start flowing while the camera was on Cena the entire time.

As for it's place in the industry, I doubt much will change. They won't want to make it a regular thing and I don't blame them. Anyone who watches a Ric Flair match knows that the industry takes it way too far sometimes and it's unnecessary. It rarely serves a purpose, but tonight was one of the times it did.

·
7,825 Posts
It's a health and safety thing. Sabu is one of the worst examples to use, the guy is a fucking moron and a talentless hack except for his "exceptional ability" to throw himself off high shit.

I didn't mind the interruption, added to the tension, made Brock look more badass (him posing on the steps with Cena getting looked after was a good spot), got the crowd behind Cena and added to the ferocity and story-telling of the match. I don't care for blood but tonight it was good.

It was hardway bleeding too he didn't blade. I was watching it and I saw the blood start flowing while the camera was on Cena the entire time.

As for it's place in the industry, I doubt much will change. They won't want to make it a regular thing and I don't blame them. Anyone who watches a Ric Flair match knows that the industry takes it way too far sometimes and it's unnecessary. It rarely serves a purpose, but tonight was one of the times it did.
:lmao Right after I posted that I said to myself "Of all people why do I choose Sabu as an example for just letting a match go when their is blood."

You're right though but I hope you understood the point.. Blood in wrestling isn't new and it's just annoying how WWE treats cuts now. They always act like someone fell on a running chainsaw.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Probably not. They both got busted open hardway.

I thought the blood was great as it added a ton to the match, but I HATED the stoppage. It really just changes the mood of "NO RULES EXTREME BRAWL" when guys can use chains and steps on each other but the ref rushes in and stops the whole match for blood. Just let em go, Cena was STILL bleeding at the end anyway.

·
7,825 Posts
Probably not. They both got busted open hardway.

I thought the blood was great as it added a ton to the match, but I HATED the stoppage. It really just changes the mood of "NO RULES EXTREME BRAWL" when guys can use chains and steps on each other but the ref rushes in and stops the whole match for blood. Just let em go, Cena was STILL bleeding at the end anyway.
Not only that, they have a guy in there from UFC dressed in full MMA garb.. You know, the sport where blood is as common as breathing.. Yet the first sign of blood what does WWE do?

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
Not only that, they have a guy in there from UFC dressed in full MMA garb.. You know, the sport where blood is as common as breathing.. Yet the first sign of blood what does WWE do?

There have been moments in a MMA fight where the ref stop the match to check on the fighter.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.