Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My thread last night was deleted but I think it's a valid discussion. I'll reword it so it's more discussion worthy. So Edge is on the creative team and helps book himself to win the Royal Rumble, get a WWE title match and main event Wrestlemania? At age 47? When he's been gone 10 years? And there's dozens of more deserving full-time talent that should be in the main event instead of him?

This is HHH all over again. Why are people okay with this? I sincerely hope fans boo the shit out of this match at WM and call it out for the bullshit that it is.

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
2,923 Posts
Because Edge is fucking awesome, I've got no issue with him booking himself to go over geeks (which he isn't but to entertain your theory anyway) who would have been in his position if he wasn't there.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,552 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, Edge is in the same tier as Randy Orton. He still has something to offer and is a top main eventer, so he should at least be booked strongly enough. It's not like he's burying people, if anything he's doing the opposite as people could benefit by working with Edge.

Reactions: sideon

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
13,987 Posts
If Kevin Owens was 47 years old in the same role doing the same thing would you have a problem with it? Be honest.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If Kevin Owens was 47 years old in the same role doing the same thing would you have a problem with it? Be honest.
Apples and oranges. Unlike Edge, KO actually respects the business and won't still be wrestling at 47 and stealing attention from younger full timers.

·
13,987 Posts
Apples and oranges. Unlike Edge, KO actually respects the business and won't still be wrestling at 47 and stealing attention from younger full timers.
How do you know this? You know people said the same thing about Edge when he was KO’s age right? They also said the same thing about Taker retiring at the right time and not tarnishing his legacy taking spots and look what happened.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
My thread last night was deleted but I think it's a valid discussion. I'll reword it so it's more discussion worthy. So Edge is on the creative team and helps book himself to win the Royal Rumble, get a WWE title match and main event Wrestlemania? At age 47? When he's been gone 10 years? And there's dozens of more deserving full-time talent that should be in the main event instead of him?

This is HHH all over again. Why are people okay with this? I sincerely hope fans boo the shit out of this match at WM and call it out for the bullshit that it is.
Hmm, I thought the Canadians were proud of Edge?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Edge is in the business for himself .

The op is just being ignorant as always. It’s ridiculous to expect that if a guy is offered millions of dollars to do some part time work that he should reject the offer so that some other guys that he doesn’t know and aren’t his friends or family can get more attention.

Absolutely everyone is in their own right to work and make as much money for as little work as possible, if anyone is to blame it’s the wwe, and the fans who tunes in when he appears thus bringing In a lot more ratings and merch sales than the said young guys who no one cares about.

And it’s not just in wwe it’s all other sports. Conor McGregor won 20 million dollars from his last fight while his opponent who won and is more active and obviously more deserving got only 1 million or so.

Who is to blame here? Edge doesn’t have management spot so it’s not like he can book himself in whatever angles he want, he gets all the spotlight becuase that’s what management wants for him.

·
13,987 Posts
Edge is in the business for himself .

The op is just being ignorant as always. It’s ridiculous to expect that if a guy is offered millions of dollars to do some part time work that he should reject the offer so that some other guys that he doesn’t know and aren’t his friends or family can get more attention.

Absolutely everyone is in their own right to work and make as much money for as little work as possible, if anyone is to blame it’s the wwe, and the fans who tunes in when he appears thus bringing In a lot more ratings and merch sales than the said young guys who no one cares about.

And it’s not just in wwe it’s all other sports. Conor McGregor won 20 million dollars from his last fight while his opponent who won and is more active and obviously more deserving got only 1 million or so.

Who is to blame here? Edge doesn’t have management spot so it’s not like he can book himself in whatever angles he want, he gets all the spotlight becuase that’s what management wants for him.
Well said. You can even apply it to the real life workforce. Are you going to say no to a major opportunity for a shitload of money and exposure/promotion just because there are younger people you barely know who “deserve” it? Edge/the employee is not to blame. The company is. If OP was offered the chance to leapfrog everyone at his job for a high level position at triple the salary he would jump at the opportunity. It doesn’t make it his fault it’s the fault or the decision of the company to offer it to him.

·
Future Hall of Famer
2,463 Posts
My thread last night was deleted but I think it's a valid discussion. I'll reword it so it's more discussion worthy. So Edge is on the creative team and helps book himself to win the Royal Rumble...
Is there a real source on Edge legit being on creative and booking? I can't believe Edge is on that same level as a Hogan or Cena tbh not after that long ass absence

1 - 13 of 13 Posts