Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Trump and Macron will Rule the World
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know and will testify to, the WWE section and TNA section are in a dire state. It's nearly impossible to have an intelligent discussion in these sections without an idiot chiming in and ruining the conversation and the awfulness of the these sections are keeping some members out. However, I have a proposal: An Uncensored Pro Graps section.

Now, the term "Uncensored" isn't used so we can flame the hell out of each other if we disagree with each other. It is used to separate it from the other wrestling sections. A valid comparison would be to compare it to what is on THE BOARD, where they have two wreslting sections where one is un-moderated and the other is moderated. The un-moderated section isn't a cesspool as what you would believe with it being un-moderated and all and has some great discussions at times.

The Rants section is un-moderated and keeps the idiots out to an extent and I feel that an un-moderated Wrestling section would do the same since they (the idiots) would be afraid to be made fun of. If someone wants to continue to discuss in the regular WWE section then so be it but for those who are sick of the awfulness of the current wrestling sections, an uncensored section should be tried out. I'm not asking for a full blown section, but for merely a subsection probably in the Rants section. Would allow for fun discussions that aren't interrupted by idiots.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
If you pay for it, sure.

·
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about making a thread in Rants to start off with rather than a whole section?
I considered that but my concern would be that it would be buried underneath a bunch of other threads or would get off topic eventually like all other threads in rants.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
if there was a stickied wrestling discussion in rants with no rules (besides the obvious ones that apply in rants) I would support it or a wrestling subsection to the rants section since wrestling is frowned upon there. I agree with GOON pretty much, plus with the ability to post jokes w.o being warned or call someone an idiot if they're acting like one would be a welcome plus.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,538 Posts
I'm not so sure it wouldn't degenerate into a cesspool of idiocy and flaming but it would be an interesting experiment.

·
Premium Member
17,329 Posts
Like Seab's said, just make it a rant and bump it every now and then. A whole section would go un-used pretty regularly. You don't need to flame someone to let them know that thinking 'Mahal is the future of WWE and John Cena deserves a push' is stupid, btw.

If we had an option to vote if a thread is thread-worthy, and if it get's enough votes it get's closed; that would help.

·
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like Seab's said, just make it a rant and bump it every now and then. A whole section would go un-used pretty regularly. You don't need to flame someone to let them know that thinking 'Mahal is the future of WWE and John Cena deserves a push' is stupid, btw.

If we had an option to vote if a thread is thread-worthy, and if it get's enough votes it get's closed; that would help.
The problem with having it as a rant is already stated above. Also, the real purpose behind it is to just have a section where people who actually know what they're talking about can post about wrestling and not have to worry about having irrational arguments. Only reason it would be "uncensored" would be to keep the idiots out and the rants section being uncensored keeps the majority of idiots out of the section. Also, it being "uncensored" would also allow, as scrilla stated above, us to have a good laugh at something and not worry about being warned or what not.

·
What?
13,511 Posts
Well if it's not active enough to stay a popular thread what makes you think it deserves a sub-section?

The thread would be fine, you can just bump it when you want to go back to it and if it's active enough it might get a sticky or w/e.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
I like the idea as well. It could get infested but I wouldn't be against giving it a chance.

If it works, move forward with it, if not then we can just end it.

·
Administrator
33,740 Posts
I must be missing something because I just don't get it. An un-moderated section within a few days would be full of the same shit threads we spend all day closing in the other sections and every troll on the site will swarm there knowing they can say what they want without fear of repercussions. Plus from a site standpoint I don't know why we'd want to encourage the good posters to go to a hidden away subsection instead of posting in the main sections and actually trying to improve them.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,817 Posts

I made a wrestling rant and it got closed as soon as someone bumped it.

There is no reason to close a fucking rant that is good just because it gets bumped a while after it was made.

I get that the person who bumped it didn't add anything, but then just delete the fucking post, or leave it and let everyone else contribute properly, instead of closing it.

Not just saying it because I made it but people can't deny it was a great thread and almost 300 ON TOPIC replies says a lot.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I must be missing something because I just don't get it. An un-moderated section within a few days would be full of the same shit threads we spend all day closing in the other sections and every troll on the site will swarm there knowing they can say what they want without fear of repercussions. Plus from a site standpoint I don't know why we'd want to encourage the good posters to go to a hidden away subsection instead of posting in the main sections and actually trying to improve them.
This. I find it completely unnecessary, tbh... #plague

1 - 16 of 16 Posts