Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since UT likely has a very small shelf life left on his career IMO if he does come back for another run it'd be cool to see him as a grim reaper type character this time around. He just shows up for short "feuds" for a match or two here and there where he eliminates anyone who gets future endeavorered :p

It'd allow him to stick around with his star power, not work a hard schedule and not bury young talent. Just pop in every few months when someone is being let go and claim their souls ;)

·
Registered
572 Posts
I like the idea, it is quite similar to what he is already, but could mean some cool character additions.

His Grim Reaperness would be a bit similar to the speculation about Tarver with the mobile phone causing bad things to happen. He can't really wrestle a full schedule, so have him seeming to be following a certain wrestler and standing in the shadows, and then after a while something horrible happens to him, and taker is in the background when he gets put in the ambulance.

Build him up as the omen of death and have it culminate in his final bow.

It could even be a good excuse to repackage existing superstars, and when they return there is something strange about them, a dark side. They could begin to bring misfortune to others around them as well, and could even seem to have moments of a trancelike state during which their actions are suspiciously aligned with Taker's motives.

But nobody knows what Undertaker is planning.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,027 Posts
I like the idea a lot. If he retires from in ring action, he could definetely do this as he wouldn't have to wrestle but would still be part of the WWE in some way.

·
Banned
822 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think Taker has ever done an actual reaper gimmick before. Personally two of the best Taker moments in history were:

a.) "I didn't come for an apology. I came for your soul!" to Shawn Michaels

b.) "Buckle up Teddy!"

It'd be great to have him as an intermittant character that only appears to tombstone people who are actually leaving the WWE thus kayfabing that he's taken them and they aren't coming back :p

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
I like the idea, it is quite similar to what he is already, but could mean some cool character additions.

His Grim Reaperness would be a bit similar to the speculation about Tarver with the mobile phone causing bad things to happen. He can't really wrestle a full schedule, so have him seeming to be following a certain wrestler and standing in the shadows, and then after a while something horrible happens to him, and taker is in the background when he gets put in the ambulance.

Build him up as the omen of death and have it culminate in his final bow.

It could even be a good excuse to repackage existing superstars, and when they return there is something strange about them, a dark side. They could begin to bring misfortune to others around them as well, and could even seem to have moments of a trancelike state during which their actions are suspiciously aligned with Taker's motives.

But nobody knows what Undertaker is planning.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
For me everything about The Undertaker screams heel, His best gimmicks revolve around him being heel, I'd love to see a final heel run, doubt it though

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the UT is at the stage of his career where it's virtually impossible for him to be a heel. He's so over he will be cheered vs everyone no matter how evil he is. People will just say "UT's evil? AWESOME!"

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,760 Posts
Since UT likely has a very small shelf life left on his career IMO if he does come back for another run it'd be cool to see him as a grim reaper type character this time around. He just shows up for short "feuds" for a match or two here and there where he eliminates anyone who gets future endeavorered :p

It'd allow him to stick around with his star power, not work a hard schedule and not bury young talent. Just pop in every few months when someone is being let go and claim their souls ;)
No, what we need is a retired Undertaker.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Taker has one big main event caliber match left in him. People who are rushing for him to return to Mania next year will be severely disappointed in him. Guarantee that. Give him a full year off, including Mania, so he can rest and relax to come back stronger and fresher. Have him come back to face Cena at 29 and retire 20-0. Done.

·
Banned
9,124 Posts
The idea seems like it would work, actually.

Just have him walk to the ring with a pyrotech display and take the loser off in a casket. Not a bad idea at all. Simple and won't require much, if any, physical activity. Theoretically he could do that until he's 80.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The idea seems like it would work, actually.

Just have him walk to the ring with a pyrotech display and take the loser off in a casket. Not a bad idea at all. Simple and won't require much, if any, physical activity. Theoretically he could do that until he's 80.
Or if the loser is up and about they could do the light trick where it goes out, lights come on and chokeslam and/or tombstone. Lights go out they are both gone. Keeps the Undertaker around as a draw, gives him some of his big camera snapping spots, and dosnt put a lot of stress on his body.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts