Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From IGN's interview with The Miz:

IGN: Why is Alex Riley still carrying around a briefcase?

Miz: Because you never know when we're going to need it. [laughs] That's why. People are always asking "why does he carry that around with him?" Um, hello? It's a weapon, kids. It's a weapon. I've never said I won't cheat. I will cheat. I will do anything I have to do to keep this WWE Championship. If I have to use a briefcase, I'll use a briefcase. If I have to use the WWE Championship, I'll use the WWE Championship. That's just the type of person I am.
Source: http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/114/1144106p1.html

The interview was pretty poor actually - too much talk along the lines of "OMG WWE is like so unpredictable!!" Most other wrestlers who've done interviews with IGN (notably Big Show and Wade Barrett) do step out of character a bit, making the interviews more interesting.

Reactions: The_Gizzame™

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
I dunno, it seems a bit silly, especially how the one Riley carries is a normal chrome case and not the MITB one. You'd think he'd constantly carry around a sledgehammer or at the very least a chair, or even have Miz hand Riley the belt at the start of every match. In my own wild imagination I though it'd be cool if Miz had given Riley his own MITB contract, and that he'd have a title shot against Miz when he wanted in reward for helping him, allowing Riley to screw him over some time and build a feud.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
they couldn't use the same briefcase, the new MITB winner will need it XD

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
But we still don't have an answer to why it completely changed in design for no apparent reason.
BEcause new mitb matches are coming. Miz is no longer that guy. Personally, I like it. But it only works while he has a title to put in there. Kind of an arrogant weapon, which makes sense.

·
I am a solid B+
7,289 Posts
whew..thank god..that mystery is solved..now I can sleep at night..unless uh oh..what's the Miz going to have for lunch?...stay tuned

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
It's just like how Batista used to carry around that money box when he was managing DVon
The money box was relevant though, they were collecting money after every promo.
The brief case is worthless and not even relevant any more, it's been cashed in which makes me think there's something in it and is more than a weapon. As I said in a previous point, why not carry around something like a sledgehammer or at the very least the typical steel chair.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Still doesn't make sense, it'd make sense if it were still the MITB case, it's something they already had in their posession, but why stop using that one and carry a new one? There are a lot of better weapons out there that could fit better with Riley's character. The only thing that'd make sense is if it was loaded with weights or something.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Come to think of it, I don't think they've ever attacked anyone with the briefcase since the cash-in?!

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
If there is eventually any sense in it, they have to start using it. It's better they didn't right away. For one thing, he just cashed it in and can't seem to let go of it cause he's not smart enough to think of a new weapon and can't realise the title belt can also be used. Pretty lame and plain stupid. And it was pretty beat up, anyway. Further more, it's not the same briefcase. So, with the reincarnation, if they start using it, there'll be questions as to what's with the new briefcase and eventually - is there something in there. So, this could lead to Riley eventually opening it and showing off it contains his own contract as a Raw superstar. That will finally explain why he's been booked in matches by the GM himself and not just substituting for Miz, when he makes the call for it. That'll get Riley over majorly and will give him the ever-so-needed legitimacy.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
baseball bat? sure. Kendo stick? sure.

Briefcase? No, that's just stupid. If it was part of him gimmick and he dressed in suits then that's one thing. Carrying it around the way he does makes no sense.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
It reminds me of Rick Rude carrying the metallic briefcase for DX in 1997. He was Shawn and Hunter's "insurance policy," and now Riley is for The Miz. Miz realized that he gleefully enjoyed smashing the faces of opponents straight into the red MITB briefcase during his run with it, and now he has a new (and improved?) weapon to use. I'm glad they didn't start using it right away, it makes its appearance more mysterious and gives the inevitable using of it some "build-up" of its own. Funny that Miz went with the straightforward comment about his character with the answer, though, ha, ha.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
And how the hell would Riley get a MITB contract, he still isn't technically a Raw Superstar. Miz should just give Riley the belt and let him smash that into people's faces. It really doesn't fit either of the characters at the moment. Now if say, Jacob Novak carried a briefcase around, it would make more sense, he's the businessman superstar or whatever.

That interview did suck. He could have just joked that it was Riley's lunchbox.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts