Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 252 Posts

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,393 Posts
These fuckin forums......the leadership at this point is joke!!!

I vote we get new admins!!!

You mean owners. It's p.amazing that geeks still try and blame the forum admin staff for shit like this when it's Vertical Scopes decision to do all this shit. If it waant for the forum admins (liner etc) you wouldn't have half the shit you got now.

You're shouting at the wrong people.

Unless you meant actual Administrator, then :wow

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
I can't talk for anyone else, but honestly for me this site works just fine the way it is. There's an old saying, if it ain't broke don't "fix" it.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Fuck VerticalScope and that's for life. If they ban me for posting that, that's fine. The site has been dogshit for years and this whole dilemma only validates those notions.

Headliner, some of us know you and the rest have been doing your best to keep this place afloat. You already know, at least from my perspective, you'll always be in good standing with me. Keep pushing forward, brother.

And fuck VerticalScope.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I haven't been on WF for very long but I can add a little bit of inisight. I moderated a vBulletin forum for 6 years and helped to rebuild the ProBoards forum when the initial vBulletin forum had to be taken out to pasture. What people have said about vBulletin is bang on the money. All the updates that are released for it are forever in a beta stage, the scripts for [---] tags take weeks to be implemented once they're announced, and are usually things that other forums have had for years such as Tapatalk connectivity.

When we moved from vBulletin to ProBoards, the forum died an astonishingly quick death. So many regulars didn't get the memo about moving to a different domain/host that they saw the vBulletin forum was down and were never seen or heard from ever again. 80% of the ProBoards forum ended up being mods and admins.

I feel as though I have to burst lots of bubbles here too and I do apologise for being the bearer of bad news. There are 292,967 threads on WF currently with my post being the 13,171,864th one. The only way to transfer reputation and post count over from vBulletin to another forum (on the off chance they even use a reputation system) is to manually recreate all those threads, all those posts, manually re-send all that rep, reinstall countless scripts and image packages to renable any smiley that was used in anything, more than likely have to recreate a new script that could manually set a join date from Aug 2019, for example, to Jan 2005 or whatever, and the biggest question out of the 5 that came with each of those points.. who the fuck is volunteering for that?

Like I say, I haven't been here for long but if you're here because you care about post count and what other posters think of you in the sense of a little green dot next to your name then you have to reevaluate. The continuity and longevity of a forum is 100% about supply and demand. There is a demand for people to talk about wrestling and WF has supplied that. It seems a lot of people are upset about saving their post counts but as I mentioned above, unless you're volunteering to transfer 13,000,000+ posts, you're going to be on a new domain with whatever post count you have and no threads to back it up.

One thing I could suggest is adding a separate banner to the landing page. I could design it and send over the vBulletin coding if need be. If the change is happening and a new domain/host is set in stone, people need to know. Otherwise you're going to be left with a fraction of members on the forum.

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
Speaking of Media Gawds, Big Cal has been uploading links to retro video game shit for nigh on a decade now, when will he be made admin?

Get him to replace that Platt. I paid that man 69 cents and a basket of turnips in 1968 for some George Hackenschmidt DVDs, but he never sent them
:lmao

also...

:lmao

Yeah I'm double posting. WHAT YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?

So I posted this yesterday elsewhere. Figured I'd post it here too:

"see, the SMART thing for VS to have done at the beginning, was upgrade one of the other shitty, small forums they own, and spend time getting used to it and figuring everything out, so they could upgrade WF later and ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THEY ARE DOING, and not have it without all the features from the start. MAYBE that's what they plan to do now... or maybe they are just gonna leave it a while and NINJA UPGRADE in a month or so when everything has cooled down :p"

Then I realised they HAVE already changed over some of their other forums and they STILL don't know what the fuck they are doing :lmao.

·
That's the way it has to be
1,124 Posts
Yeah I'm double posting. WHAT YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?

So I posted this yesterday elsewhere. Figured I'd post it here too:

"see, the SMART thing for VS to have done at the beginning, was upgrade one of the other shitty, small forums they own, and spend time getting used to it and figuring everything out, so they could upgrade WF later and ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THEY ARE DOING, and not have it without all the features from the start. MAYBE that's what they plan to do now... or maybe they are just gonna leave it a while and NINJA UPGRADE in a month or so when everything has cooled down :p"

Then I realised they HAVE already changed over some of their other forums and they STILL don't know what the fuck they are doing :lmao.
Upgrade https://www.lacrosseforum.com/. There's literally zero userbase to piss off

·
Moxicity
4,068 Posts
The migration date has been delayed with no new date yet.
man... :tripsscust

I mean I'll give it a chance 'cause I have no idea about internet/forums/coding so I don't know how it'll be... but come on..

btw. is there a forum from "them" that is more active than this?

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
I'm putting the PM you sent me here in public not to embarrass you, but to address the members of forum broadly because some people don't seem to know what's what, or just blaming whoever as some people supposedly blamed me when this announcement first happened.

The AEW thing was members here behaving like impatient dorks. We always had plans to give you guys a sub-forum and we had a actual time when we were going to do it, but you guys kept complaining instead of chilling out. When we finally gave you guys a sub-forum to quiet the noise, you guys still complained because it wasn't a main forum on the main page. Me personally, I would have told all of you to go fuck yourselves and waited to see the progression of the company before doing that, but another admin felt differently and was nice enough to grant your wishes and give you what you wanted.

Now to the real topic of discussion addressed toward all members:

The "leadership" of this forum is divided into two different categories. The Ownership and the Management. The Ownership is VerticalScope. They are responsible for all technical and software issues on this forum. The Administrator account is controlled by multiple people and the OG Jeff account is a singular VerticalScope employee. The Management is the Administrators followed by the Moderators. We control all Operational aspects of the forum.

To suggest that the admins don't care about the members or what goes on around here is quite frankly, bullshit. Allow me to discuss some of the current and former admins to give you insight on our fight for the members and their past contributions.

Platt, a current administrator has been on staff the longest out of anyone. Since 2006 and as admin since 2008. He got a bad wrap for years as one of the most hated members on this forum, but do you know how many times Platt called VerticalScope out on their bullshit over the years? Do you know how many times Platt was there when VerticalScope either proposed things or did things that was going to hurt the member base? Do you know how many times Platt was there behind the scenes when the site kept getting database errors and timing out? Did you also know that before youtube exploded and megaupload went down, Platt was the media god on this forum and uploaded the majority of wrestling content? If you wanted to watch anything wrestling related for any company at the time and you couldn't find it, he was the guy. He even sold mega compilation DVD's to members here.

I have been on staff since 2007 and an admin since 2008. Do you know they tried to jump into the our lane in terms of running the site when they knew nothing about our site and we had to tell them to go away multiple times over the years? Did you know that when VerticalScope panicked and locked everyone out of their accounts in 2016, I was answering emails, PM's and restoring people's accounts while I was at work on my work computer several hours each day for weeks? Do you know how many times I harassed VS tech support via email during high volume PPV times because the site would go down for 10 to 15 minutes at a time almost every month in the middle of a PPV? And getting a response was sometimes like pulling teeth? Do you know how many times I've verbally attacked VerticalScope for doing dumb shit? Here's an example from 2016.

Did you know that a long, long time ago I use to a run a wrestling Be the Booker style league here with WF members? It was called "WWF" where I wrote long comedic style stories of WF members cutting promos on each other, wrestling matches against each other and winning titles. We had weekly shows, PPV's and titles. It was a nice addition to the forum and members loved it at the time.

JM, a former admin on two different occasions was there for a lot of things that went down with VerticalScope over the years and gave them shit when needed. Did you know that for a while, JM was the only admin that could get VerticalScope to respond to our requests? We would reach out to them and nobody would respond, but for some reason, JM was able to get responses for us and get things done. In fact, JM is responsible for several admin related implementations that has made this forum better because, besides having good ideas, he was the only one that could get through to them. Did you know he use to run a Graphics League on here when Graphics/Photoshop design was popular? It was quite successful and members enjoyed the competition.

Seabs, a former admin was there for members each time something went down behind the scenes. In fact, he may have handled some situations the best out of all of us in terms of temperament. He would type long paragraphs to explain how VerticalScope was wrong when things negatively effected members and he did it with intellect, boldness and at times that brilliant English wit. Did you know that like, Platt, Seabs was also a media god on this forum and provided hundreds of wrestling content links and compilations from any promotion including rare footage for members to watch before megaupload went down and before youtube blew up?

That Clique guy is kinda ok too. :heyman6

And the super mods & mods past and present have been a big help to this forum over the years with their many contributions.

You see, VerticalScope hasn't been around much since this announcement to answer questions because VerticalScope implementation plans are sometimes choatic. Also, they don't give a shit about this forum. If I didn't make that thread to tell people what was going to happen, people would have been left in the dark and the outrage would have been even greater. Sure, multiple times they have claimed they enjoy this forum in the chatbox, but really what they enjoy is the angry comments members make toward them. It's funny to them. Because they get paid to do this. This is their job. It's entertainment. So they get to laugh at everyone and go home to their lives like nothing happened while we are the ones dealing with the consequences of their actions. None of them are invested in this forum the way we are. Jeff is the only person that has shown a different attitude in regards to the treatment of this forum and actually being competent, but ultimately he works for a company that has their way of doing things and sometimes their way of doing things isn't always with our best interests in mind. It's a corporate business.

We had nothing to do with the current change to another layout. We are just as concerned as the members and our trust in them has been gone for years, but we have no choice but to trust them and I've encouraged all members to pitch in and help us in that other thread when we make this switch because we are all in this together.

We, the administrators and mods are not perfect. There are some decisions I've made in the past where I look back and realize the situation could have been handled better or differently, and I've even reached out to members via PM to address it. But collectively we try to do the right thing because we like this forum. In the grand scheme of things, we have never been the problem. We have been your protectors.
I had to read this whole post, I couldn't look away lol.

Not that I think I ever called out a staff member (never had a reason to) but I wasn't aware of how ownership & staff setup of this forum worked.

Just wanted to say thanks to the Admins/Super Mods/Mods. You guys volunteer your time to keep this shit running smoothly.

Lets just hope that this forum transfer goes the best it possibly can and deal with the hiccups along the way.

141 - 160 of 252 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.