Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
The address won't change. I'm a user on MensTennisForums, which is also on Vertical Scope, they've recently undergone a similar change if you want to have a look at what it looks like

https://www.menstennisforums.com/2-general-messages/

Your account, signature, avatar etc. should all carry over. There'll be a few teething problems for a while early on but fundamentally it'll be the same forum. Almost all the features from vBulletin can be implemented, and overall it's a much better forum software. People are getting way too upset over the change.
Yuck, looks like Resetera. :batista3

·
I WANT ALL THE MEAT!
1,280 Posts
The address won't change. I'm a user on MensTennisForums, which is also on Vertical Scope, they've recently undergone a similar change if you want to have a look at what it looks like

Your account, signature, avatar etc. should all carry over. There'll be a few teething problems for a while early on but fundamentally it'll be the same forum. Almost all the features from vBulletin can be implemented, and overall it's a much better forum software. People are getting way too upset over the change.
Do we keep out post count any stuff?

The thing that pisses me off is everyone is asking these questions and the mods are not answering. Like dont they know there members especially the legendary members have questions and deserve answers before they move it over

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Do we keep out post count any stuff?

The thing that pisses me off is everyone is asking these questions and the mods are not answering. Like dont they know there members especially the legendary members have questions and deserve answers before they move it over
Post count will stay.

I wouldn't criticise the staff too much, normally when a forum makes a change like this it comes from the staff who are on the forum day to day, they find out about the software before making the switch and take measures to ensure it's done smoothly. With this it's plainly being imposed by the owners. Expecting them to be experts in a forum software they may never have used and may not even want is unfair.

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,390 Posts
Post count will stay.

I wouldn't criticise the staff too much, normally when a forum makes a change like this it comes from the staff who are on the forum day to day, they find out about the software before making the switch and take measures to ensure it's done smoothly. With this it's plainly being imposed by the owners. Expecting them to be experts in a forum software they may never have used and may not even want is unfair.
All this change has nothing to do with mods or the forum admins. It's all from VS and it's their idea and responsibility.....

......Until we move then it's probably left to liner and co to sort out any issues......

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Upgrading the forum software in itself isn't a bad thing, in fact I feel like it's quite necessary as vBulletin is showing it's age at this point.

What's unnecessary is taking away the chatbox and not replacing it with one of the many, many ready made chat apps/plug-ins made for Xenforo while you work on coding your own.

And that Men's TennisForum :)swaggyp) looks repulsive.

·
Asuka
96,544 Posts

That forum is uglier than Charlotte. Yikes.

We're FUCKED.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
...yeah I won't be taking part in this move. I only really post here now when Im bored and that site looks beige AF.

·
Southern Pride
3,372 Posts
As Miss Frizzle would say "Seat belts, everyone!".

Honestly, i'm not excited about this change either. At least I had several months to enjoy Premium Membership I guess.

The avatars on that Tennis forum are super small. The forum itself doesn't look great at all. The forum software (or whatever) may be an upgrade, but visually it may be a downgrade.

Surely after delaying the forum change they spent some time figuring things out to make it look a whole lot better than that Tennis forum currently does.

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,025 Posts
At the risk of sounding over dramatic, if you guys are genuinely unhappy about this change I'd recommend you let your actions speak for themselves. It seems obvious that the change is going ahead. Don't move over. That is where I'm at. A forum is made active by it's users. Whilst I'm sure my details will carry over without my control (I wish they wouldn't), I'm currently not planning on participating on this site when it moves. I'll be honest, I think this site has been going downhill for a while, it's become less fun to discuss Wrestling here, but it always had the benefit of being familiar.

At the end of the day, it's your personal choice. I'm sure most will move over, and the site will do okay and people will get used to the UI changes and features missing, but for me it's not worth it when I've already been losing interest in this place anyways.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
The last forum I was a member of that upgraded their site lost like 70% of their members after the upgrade.
The site owners don't care about the members, if they did they would reconsider their decision due to backlash against this. They only care about their vision to have a more ''modern'' looking website and they don't care if it results in members leaving in droves.

Upgrading the forum software in itself isn't a bad thing, in fact I feel like it's quite necessary as vBulletin is showing it's age at this point.
Literally no one has a problem with how WF currently is. Rarely the site may go down, but that happens to other sites too including incredibly popular apps like Instagram. If it's not broke, don't fix it. Members here like the layout of the forum, they like the features and it's easy to use, simple design - despite it being older in it's appearance. So I don't see how it is necessary at all.

201 - 220 of 252 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.