Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 200 of 252 Posts

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
Please don’t do this :( We don’t want this!!

I sometimes think Vince runs this place lol cos who’s in charge doesn’t listen to its users. We’re like Mox, not being listened to.

60,001 Posts
Is there going to be anything remaining from the "benefits"of being lifetime? I heard that there would be no gif avis, and no gif sigs. Do we retain our post counts or is everything being rebooted to zero? My lifetime subscription expires in 2034 and I've only had it for just under 30% of that time. If it's all negated do I get 70% of my money back? The money really isn't the point, but the principle is.

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,110 Posts
What's gonna change? I haven't paid this too much attention. Am I going to lose my sweet Jinder Mahal sig? :(
I mean I've only scanned over but I've seen things like rep going completely, gif avatar and signatures not being a thing, the UI completely changed. I'm guessing the Premium memberships are going to get screwed up too, although I can't really complain since I didn't pay for mine.

I'm not very good with change in general. :lol I'll probably get used to it, but I honestly liked that this forum felt 'outdated'. I've took a peek at other forums, and they seem too modern and not in a good way.

·
Steady as she goes
5,262 Posts
Is there going to be anything remaining from the "benefits"of being lifetime? I heard that there would be no gif avis, and no gif sigs. Do we retain our post counts or is everything being rebooted to zero? My lifetime subscription expires in 2034 and I've only had it for just under 30% of that time. If it's all negated do I get 70% of my money back? The money really isn't the point, but the principle is.
The money is the point! I want a refund! Everyone should demand the same

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
I haven't actually seen any confirmation... ARE we losing gifs in our sigs and avs or not? I really fucking hope not, that's the main reason I got a Premium membership :(

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,110 Posts
I haven't actually seen any confirmation... ARE we losing gifs in our sigs and avs or not? I really fucking hope not, that's the main reason I got a Premium membership :(
I worry the forum is just going to seem so bland when it moves, and most people won't get the memo and move with the site. It could lose so much of it's userbase and potential new users. It's a really risky move. You strip the site of all it's good features and you're going to see less and less activity. WF always felt familiar to me, and like a second home without getting sappy, that's why I always came back.

It's why I never got on with Reddit, the subreddits are very bland. No personality for the users, everyone feels like bots.

·
Ex nihilo
9,319 Posts

Except a little avi with a circle around it :ha

RIP in pepperoni

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,973 Posts
If this STUPID and UNNECESSARY update ends up killing the forum (along with its cool features), then here is a warranted gift from those of us who do NOT want this change :et

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,169 Posts
yeah I'd like to know if the actual address is changing or not

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
The address won't change. I'm a user on MensTennisForums, which is also on Vertical Scope, they've recently undergone a similar change if you want to have a look at what it looks like

https://www.menstennisforums.com/2-general-messages/

Your account, signature, avatar etc. should all carry over. There'll be a few teething problems for a while early on but fundamentally it'll be the same forum. Almost all the features from vBulletin can be implemented, and overall it's a much better forum software. People are getting way too upset over the change.

181 - 200 of 252 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.