Wrestling Forum banner
741 - 760 of 801 Posts

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
6,225 Posts
Another idea:

On Reddit they make you wait 15 days before you can actually post, that would seem sufficient here. They can easily spam they're way to 50 posts, but most trolls won't bother waiting 2 weeks...

·
NBA
6,534 Posts
@Administrator I've noticed that when a thread is created in rants, it sually pops up amidst the suggestions in the front page. I think it would be better if the rants section couldn't be suggested. After all, the express purpose of that section is to let off some steam over petty old grudges between relatively old members, so don't think any actual newcomers would be interested in seeing the front page suggesting them threads where people they don't know yet are insulting each other over situations they aren't aware of. I'd dare say that having new rants threads pop up in suggestions alongside the actual topic related threads does nothing but confuse newcomers who may prefer to have the front page filled with threads eprtaining the site's name and main topic of discussion rather than engage in weird online drama.

·
Administrator
VS Admin
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #745 ·
@Administrator I've noticed that when a thread is created in rants, it sually pops up amidst the suggestions in the front page. I think it would be better if the rants section couldn't be suggested. After all, the express purpose of that section is to let off some steam over petty old grudges between relatively old members, so don't think any actual newcomers would be interested in seeing the front page suggesting them threads where people they don't know yet are insulting each other over situations they aren't aware of. I'd dare say that having new rants threads pop up in suggestions alongside the actual topic related threads does nothing but confuse newcomers who may prefer to have the front page filled with threads eprtaining the site's name and main topic of discussion rather than engage in weird online drama.
We can remove the "rants" section from the homepage or lock if down.

Note those threads are suggested for you logged in, everybody does not see the same threads.

Mods/Admin what do you think?

Jeff

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
17,135 Posts
We can remove the "rants" section from the homepage or lock if down.

Note those threads are suggested for you logged in, everybody does not see the same threads.

Mods/Admin what do you think?

Jeff
Are you guys finally going to consider giving us 80 poll options permanently soon, or is that still not part of your primary plans atm?

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
17,135 Posts
Well, it was still worth a shot. I guess it can wait until next month then.

·
Administrator
VS Admin
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #750 ·
Update on instagram posts being visible on here? @Administrator
Still on the punch list but a lower priority fix.

Give it a try after today's weekly update and there is a small chance it might be resolved under another ticket.

Jeff

·
The Mouth of Madness!
11,169 Posts
Link to example?

Jeff
I'll get back to you in a couple months....

Here's our problem, we can type and set what we want in our signatures but once you save it, none of the sizes, colors or orientations work. It'll just be regular text instead of being centered or colored like we want. You have to get an admin or someone to set it for you. It's just another in a list of a dozen features we lost in the "upgrade" no one wanted or needed.

Look at my signature, I could have done that myself a hundred times over 2 years ago. Now if I tried, the text wouldn't be red, the sizes would all be the same and everything, gif included, would be on the left. Why has my control over my signature been taken away?

·
Registered
14,864 Posts
Another idea: 15 day wait
There is someone tonight who joined 4 hours ago and posted 13 threads in the general WWE section..

@Chrome @Brock time to fess up.. are mods just making sock puppets to put posts in the General WWE section to keep it active?

·
Administrator
VS Admin
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #755 ·
I'll get back to you in a couple months....

Here's our problem, we can type and set what we want in our signatures but once you save it, none of the sizes, colors or orientations work. It'll just be regular text instead of being centered or colored like we want. You have to get an admin or someone to set it for you. It's just another in a list of a dozen features we lost in the "upgrade" no one wanted or needed.

Look at my signature, I could have done that myself a hundred times over 2 years ago. Now if I tried, the text wouldn't be red, the sizes would all be the same and everything, gif included, would be on the left. Why has my control over my signature been taken away?
We stick to the signature rules here to avoid performance and formatting issues.

"Your signature can include up to 4 lines, a maximum of 1000 characters and one link. An image counts as a line. Anytime you hit "enter" on your keyboard, it will automatically go to a new line. Images will automatically be resized to 300 x 200 pixels. You can see more options in your settings to collapse signatures, always view full signature, or to not see signatures at all. The choice is yours."

Jeff

·
The Mouth of Madness!
11,169 Posts
We stick to the signature rules here to avoid performance and formatting issues.

"Your signature can include up to 4 lines, a maximum of 1000 characters and one link. An image counts as a line. Anytime you hit "enter" on your keyboard, it will automatically go to a new line. Images will automatically be resized to 300 x 200 pixels. You can see more options in your settings to collapse signatures, always view full signature, or to not see signatures at all. The choice is yours."

Jeff
You're on 3rd base holding a catcher's mit here. You are so far off the mark with this response that it's embarrassing. My sigs have always followed the rule format. But AFTER THE UPDATE, my sigs don't come out right no matter what I do.

·
Hardcore Casual
2,290 Posts
@Administrator

Hello, sir.

So, I have an idea about making WF the test forum for new features/add-ons, on the XenForo software.

My idea is based on the presumption that VerticalScope migrated their entire portfolio of forums over to the XenForo platform for streamlined management.

I know there are certain individuals (@DammitChrist, I'm looking at you) who are kicking and screaming about the most minor issues. However, in general, it's clear that this particular community wants more robust and customized features, such as GIF avatars, personalized emoticons etc. I'm not sure the specific limitations to overcome for each request (technical, cost, time), but would VerticalScope consider the WF community as beta testers for each new feature?

For example, provided it's not too cost prohibitive, this live chat plug-in looks like it would be a good fit for the forum. Or perhaps VS wants to program their own chat plug-in, which they can then license to other XenForo-based forums. In either case you would need beta testers before universal implementation.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
VS Admin
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #759 ·
@Administrator

Hello, sir.

So, I have an idea about making WF the test forum for new features/add-ons, on the XenForo software.

My idea is based on the presumption that VerticalScope migrated their entire portfolio of forums over to the XenForo platform for streamlined management.

I know there are certain individuals (@DammitChrist, I'm looking at you) who are kicking and screaming about the most minor issues. However, in general, it's clear that this particular community wants more robust and customized features, such as GIF avatars, personalized emoticons etc. I'm not sure the specific limitations to overcome for each request (technical, cost, time), but would VerticalScope consider the WF community as beta testers for each new feature?

For example, provided it's not too cost prohibitive, this live chat plug-in looks like it would be a good fit for the forum. Or perhaps VS wants to program their own chat plug-in, which they can then license to other XenForo-based forums. In either case you would need beta testers before universal implementation.

Thanks.
Unfortunately, the software is based upon Xenforo but highly customized and we are unable to use any out-of-the-box settings or plugins.

We have no intention of adding chat back to the community.

However, reactions and tagging will be coming very soon.

Jeff

741 - 760 of 801 Posts