Wrestling Forum banner

241 - 260 of 616 Posts

·
Bleep, bloop, bloam, goodbye to your home.
7,711 Posts
Can you explain what you mean by this?

10 years? I'd rather it not.
The fundamental foundation these sites are built on are different. This one is based in security, so even getting it this far has been work. Checking the Release notes section lets you know how much progress we're making, and how much further we'll take this for y'all :)

-Gerrit
Only user profile i can view besides mine is Administrator account.

All others result in Error 504. Could that be resolved?

·
The Sundance Kid
18,279 Posts
We do listen, and believe me, we would not have made this upgrade if it wasn't needed to keep your information safe and secure in a more dynamic way than the previous software had possible.
Lmao literally WHOMST on here has ever given a single public fuck about the security of the information we provide to a wrestling forum? We care about the smilies and the animated signatures and the chatbox and the search function. Y'all didn't listen to shit.

·
Registered
22,678 Posts
*Can you explain what/where you would like to breathe more in the lay out?
Sure.

For example, I know that old format had an Icon next to every section. For example the Raw Section had a Raw logo next to it. Also, like I previously mentioned, you could see the last thread that was posted in each section on the main forum page. Also, the different sections were segmented better in the previous format. It wasn't much, but there was a bolder outline around each section separating them from each other.

These are little things. You can even say nit picky things to point out. But it was things like that made this site in my opinion better than all the others. And yes, I know things can't go right back to the way they were, as much as we all want it. But at the same time, I think it's good to point out the stuff that made the old format so favorable and why so many are against the initial update.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
51,537 Posts
So, basically, you guys COULD bring back most, if not all of the features the premium members paid for, but you're choosing not to.

Fair enough.

A number of us WF members signed up to another forum and are posting in the Raw thread on that site. And it has a ton more posts than the Raw thread here does.

Great job running off the little bit of activity this site had. You killed your own website.

·
Administrator
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Only user profile i can view besides mine is Administrator account.

All others result in Error 504. Could that be resolved?
What browser are you seeing these 504 errors on?

Lmao literally WHOMST on here has ever given a single public fuck about the security of the information we provide to a wrestling forum? We care about the smilies and the animated signatures and the chatbox and the search function. Y'all didn't listen to shit.
Me, I am the whomest
hello
Also certain laws too, and like all the other staff here too. We're working on the rest, but a solid foundation was needed to begin.

Sure.

For example, I know that old format had an Icon next to every section. For example the Raw Section had a Raw logo next to it. Also, like I previously mentioned, you could see the last thread that was posted in each section on the main forum page. Also, the different sections were segmented better in the previous format. It wasn't much, but there was a bolder outline around each section separating them from each other.

These are little things. You can even say nit picky things to point out. But it was things like that made this site in my opinion better than all the others. And yes, I know things can't go right back to the way they were, as much as we all want it. But at the same time, I think it's good to point out the stuff that made the old format so favorable and why so many are against the initial update.
We may tackle these down the road, but some of the functionality needed for this needs to be built first. Keep an eye on the release notes and you can start to see as we approach these resolutions, but it is not likely to get this granular until the new year.

So, basically, you guys COULD bring back most, if not all of the features the premium members paid for, but you're choosing not to.

Fair enough.

A number of us WF members signed up to another forum and are posting in the Raw thread on that site. And it has a ton more posts than the Raw thread here does.

Great job running off the little bit of activity this site had. You killed your own website.
We can build those features, and we are working on it. Let me know if there is a priority I should be pointing the team to for you.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Let's be real here. The only reason they updated is so that they could include ads in the threads and make more money. Nothing was done for the benefit of the users. Security? lol who gives important information to wrestling forums? Load times? Jesus christ, are you worried about people on dial up?

Although one pro is that snowflakes can't use their fruity little fonts anymore. and don't bring that feature back!

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
51,537 Posts
What browser are you seeing these 504 errors on?

Me, I am the whomest
hello
Also certain laws too, and like all the other staff here too. We're working on the rest, but a solid foundation was needed to begin.

We may tackle these down the road, but some of the functionality needed for this needs to be built first. Keep an eye on the release notes and you can start to see as we approach these resolutions, but it is not likely to get this granular until the new year.

We can build those features, and we are working on it. Let me know if there is a priority I should be pointing the team to for you.

-Gerrit
Gif avatars and gif sigs would be a great start. Someone earlier that works with you guys said those aren't coming back. They may seem minor on the surface, but truth be told they were a BIG part of the reason this forum stood out from other forums. The other guy said they slowed down the site. I guarantee you if you were to poll the premium members here if they would rather no gif sigs and avys or to bring them back but the site might be run (supposedly) alittle bit slower, they'd take them back. We had them in the past, and the site didn't load up any noticeably worse than this new one does.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Easier to log in. Like the dark mode but preferred everything as it was before. Still will get it an honest shot. I will adapt to it or just find somewhere else eventually.

·
Administrator
59,012 Posts
I post on another xenforo forum so the changes I'm asking you to make can be made because other forums have them already.

-Members need the ability to change their usertitle. Add some bold/italic option to that.

-Our size limit for images was always 500x400. The new change to 300x200 or whatever it is seems un-necessary. If you could change it back to 500x400 that would be appreciated.

-The alerts and conversations options in the drop down menu need to be on the main page at the top right for every member. Take the message icon and bell icon and move them to the top right next to our profile avatar.

-In fact, you should probably combine the "reactions received" and "alerts" into one category of alerts. Again put it on the main page.

-The online list should also be on the main page.

-Can we put the number of total likes under our total post count? So when we make it post, it shows join date, post count and total likes, in that order? (In case you're confused, I'm not talking about moving likes for current posts.)

-Every section on the main page should show the most recent thread in that section and the member who made the most recent post. The "latest posts" thing at the bottom of the page should not be used as substitute.

-Sub forums should be visible. We shouldn't have to click a drop down to view them. They should be visible on the main page.

These are changes that should be done immediately and can be done because every single one of them are on other xenforo forums. I've also told @OG Jeff in private that the "Our Top Forums" thing is trash and should be gone. The "Full Forums Listing" should be the main page when someone opens up the home/main page instead of having to click it to get there. He told me that a redesign is happening, so we'll see what happens. Again, this doesn't exist on other xenforo forums either.

Now changes to consider in the future:

-This "light" skin or mode is clearly not popular. I'd advise you change it to a nice grey color. That should be a simple thing to change.

-Rep system. A new rep system in which myself and staff can determine how rep is calculated and distributed would be nice. We've always had rep on here. A new system would actually give me reason to make sure it's not abused the way it's been in the past.

-Avatars, I don't really care if we can't have gifs in avatars, but surely you guys can increase the width and height size? The current size reminds me of a outdated forum from like 2004.

-The claim that gifs in signatures can't happen because it would slow down the site isn't a fair argument to make. You should let members have gifs in signatures and see how the forum runs. Let us test it out. If there is not a significant strain on the site's performance, then we should be allowed to keep them. This has always been a popular feature that makes the forum stand out, which is why you should try my request before simply shutting the door on it. See what happens first. We've always had gif size limit rules anyway.

Misc

-Trophies are useless.

-How is reaction score and points calculated? Both seem pointless.

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,202 Posts
Where is the text formatting?
How do I structure my paragraphs to be left/center/right?
How do I change font color and font size?
Can I have what you're smoking?

60,000 Posts
I'm the only one on this site who will have this problem. I apparently unfollowed friends becase the site did it for me. It said the max you can follow is 1000 and I had 1152. There is no way of knowing who was dropped. One of them messaged me wondering about why I dropped them. It would have been nice to allow me to decide who was going to get pruned because there are many banned members on that list. Instead, the site decided for me. Not very happy about that.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,532 Posts
Hey, is there a way to check on the threads that I created in order to keep track of which ones are active and what's not?

I'd like to see if any of my RTC threads got bumped lately. There must be a way for me to search my specific threads.

Plus, is there also a way to subscribe to threads to access them easily?

241 - 260 of 616 Posts