Wrestling Forum banner

201 - 220 of 616 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I’ve only been a member a couple of years but a frequent lurker and reader for way longer

This new design is laughably inept. What was the point. Was nice before. I’m out

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,632 Posts
Questions

1. Is there any distinction other than a star to signify Premium Membership? I ask because I want ro know if admins could allow gif sigs and/or avys to Premium Members. If there is no distinction what happens with the "Premium Lounge" at the bottom?

2. Will there be more avatar options later? Right now it seems I can only use images from my library as opposed to entering a URL.

*on my phone now since making posts is dreadful on PS4 to say the least.

·
TEAM STORM
313 Posts
Its fine. I guess.

I hate the fact that Gifs do not work at all, especially in my sig and avatar.
I really hate it actually. Its f*cking lame.

·
Registered
9,623 Posts
Could you guys not have updated the software in the background to streamline it without changing the user interface?

This stupid Facebook change for the sake of change thing in the tech industry drives users away to new products.

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,076 Posts
Some things are good. Sharing GIFs and videos is easier. I like that I can see how much time has elapsed after something has been posted.

Everything else is a massive downgrade.

Honestly if you could've left the GIF sigs alone this woulda been alright though

·
Administrator
501 Posts
Honestly, not bringing back gif avatars and gif sigs is a big loss for a site like this. One of the things that makes this site work is that people like to express themselves with gifs in their avys and sigs. You guys should definitely bring those back. No reason not to. The site worked just fine with them in the past.

At the VERY least, allow our sig photos to be bigger than 300x200. That is far too small.
They do kill site performance and increase load times which is bad for Google Search indexing.

We are also working on updating to larger signature image sizes in future updates.

Wait so they’re available, you’re just not giving them to us? The fuck?
See above.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
501 Posts
This should be simple to answer. I don't see a way to edit a post that I previously made. My eyesight is poor and I often miss a typo and correct it later. I just don't see the edit option. Probably missed it with my bad eyesight. lol
How To Edit A Post
You should be able to edit your post for up to 24 hours. Near the timestamp at the top of the post, you should see an edit link if it is within that time limit. After 24 hours you would need to reach out to a mod/admin for assistance.

Time limits are used in order to preserve useful thread content, while also protecting the forum against spam. We have formulated the current times in a way to best prevent thread confusion and time gaps left vulnerable to spam.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
501 Posts
For the Showcase, you need to add a space in the entry fields. I made a post and everything is directly after the input field:

Year2025 - it should be "Year 2025"

:lol I asked the same in another thread
The showcase fields should be updated in the next 24 hours and there is a bug ticket in for the spacing issues in the Showcase.

Jeff M

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
The only thing that is an improvement are the faster load times, but that's literally it. The forum is now using the same layout as every other forum out there which makes it generic and boring.

Everything is so clustered and in your face that it almost takes a second to be able to embrace it all coming at you at once. There needs to be a mobile version for those who mostly check this via mobile like myself which delivers a cleaner and simpler look. That's what I liked most about the other format as well, it gets rid of all the unnecessary crap on my screen.

·
Administrator
501 Posts
A lot of WF's casual readers probably feel the same way I do. Expect a traffic drop.

Also, this absolutely could be rolled back to the old forum software. The site owners just don't want to do it.
Most sites see slight traffic drops the first 30-60 days then due to the speed, re-indexing, and enhanced search features traffic normally increases over pre-migration numbers.

Note we have rolled out this update on over 250 communities to date but are continuously developing new features for it and realizing them weekly.

The site will not be rolled back as vb is a dying software and these changes needed to be done for the community to survive.

Jeff M

·
Blessed Child of God
2,908 Posts
How To Edit A Post
You should be able to edit your post for up to 24 hours. Near the timestamp at the top of the post, you should see an edit link if it is within that time limit. After 24 hours you would need to reach out to a mod/admin for assistance.

Time limits are used in order to preserve useful thread content, while also protecting the forum against spam. We have formulated the current times in a way to best prevent thread confusion and time gaps left vulnerable to spam.

Jeff M
So I am usually the one that updates the Fan Forum Section Thread Index listing...it's usually weeks, sometimes months, between edits as I only need to edit the thread list when someone starts a new thread. Will I need to have the admins/mods do that from now on?

·
Administrator
501 Posts
Questions

1. Is there any distinction other than a star to signify Premium Membership? I ask because I want ro know if admins could allow gif sigs and/or avys to Premium Members. If there is no distinction what happens with the "Premium Lounge" at the bottom?

2. Will there be more avatar options later? Right now it seems I can only use images from my library as opposed to entering a URL.

*on my phone now since making posts is dreadful on PS4 to say the least.
Heya @Stormbringer

1. We will be releasing the premium member package later this month and all existing users will be grandfathered in. You can see the difference in the Avatars with Premium membership here.

lifetime.png

2. You will have to upload your avatars at this time, not sure if that will be an option moving forward.

Jeff M

201 - 220 of 616 Posts