Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

62K views 829 replies 202 participants last post by  .christopher. 
#1 ·
Dear Community Members,

We are excited to announce that we are live on our new forum platform! We’ve worked hard over the past few months with a leading design and product firm to deliver a cleaner, faster and more engaging experience for you. Our goal is to provide modern design and technology to make the site run faster, smoother and more reliably. All of the valuable content within the community is still here, even though the layout may look different.

A Consistent Experience Across All Devices
The site is optimized for all screen sizes, including mobile. All features are available and ready to use on all devices.

Speed and Reliability Are Key
No one should have to wait for information. This site has been built to be much faster and more reliable, period.

New Homepage Experience
Your home page now features the most active forums, trending discussions, featured showcases, and top contributing members. This will help keep you up to date on what’s happening in your community and eventually become a very personalized experience for our members with all the great content you love surfaced effortlessly for you.

Search
We have introduced new search algorithms, powered by an industry-leading AI platform, that will help you find information faster. We plan to roll out new features to continue improving search, and to power many additional areas of the forum.

Due to the volume of content, our search platform may take some time to complete indexing. During this process, you may see a limited number of posts until indexing has been completed. We appreciate your patience.

Easy to Use and Navigate
We have made the design clean and simple to use. Near the upper right-hand corner of the community, you will see navigation icons.

The first icon is for what’s new on the site.

Clicking on it, by default, will take you to new unread posts. On that page, you can click on additional tabs as well, such as Popular, if you prefer to view active topics.

Clicking the list icon next to “NEW” will bring you to the full forum listing.

You can also navigate by clicking the 3 vertical dots.

Clicking on your avatar will give you a drop-down menu for all things related to your account.

Dark Mode
We have introduced Dark Mode. One of our favorite features allows you to access the site with a power-saving, and easier on the eyes dark mode. You can access it in the drop-down menu under the 3 vertical dots.

Bookmarks
Now you can bookmark your favorite discussions! Bookmarks are a handy way to remember and easily find great content or stuff you want to read later.

We also wanted to make it easier for new users to understand the lingo of forums. We have cleaned up various language to more commonly recognized phrases including:
  • Following - Thread subscriptions, and Watched are now known as Following
  • Conversations – Private Messages or PMs are now conversations and can be accessed from the user avatar drop-down in the main navigation
  • Showcase – Showcase is designed for users to "showcase" items/projects through the use of uploaded images, text descriptions and custom content categories. It’s a way to visually and textually provide detailed information on the content you wish to share. The showcase would be similar to a catalog, whereas the gallery would be like a photo album. It can be accessed from the drop-down menu with the 3 dots.
These are just a few of the great new functions and features to try on the site. Take a tour and look around! If you have any questions, please check out the HELP section for some quick FAQs about the new platform, Help Section

Please let us know what you think about the new experience, your feedback is important to us.

Thank you all for your support during this amazing journey!

See less See more
#253 · (Edited)
I post on another xenforo forum so the changes I'm asking you to make can be made because other forums have them already.

-Members need the ability to change their usertitle. Add some bold/italic option to that.

-Our size limit for images was always 500x400. The new change to 300x200 or whatever it is seems un-necessary. If you could change it back to 500x400 that would be appreciated.

-The alerts and conversations options in the drop down menu need to be on the main page at the top right for every member. Take the message icon and bell icon and move them to the top right next to our profile avatar.

-In fact, you should probably combine the "reactions received" and "alerts" into one category of alerts. Again put it on the main page.

-The online list should also be on the main page.

-Can we put the number of total likes under our total post count? So when we make it post, it shows join date, post count and total likes, in that order? (In case you're confused, I'm not talking about moving likes for current posts.)

-Every section on the main page should show the most recent thread in that section and the member who made the most recent post. The "latest posts" thing at the bottom of the page should not be used as substitute.

-Sub forums should be visible. We shouldn't have to click a drop down to view them. They should be visible on the main page.

These are changes that should be done immediately and can be done because every single one of them are on other xenforo forums. I've also told @OG Jeff in private that the "Our Top Forums" thing is trash and should be gone. The "Full Forums Listing" should be the main page when someone opens up the home/main page instead of having to click it to get there. He told me that a redesign is happening, so we'll see what happens. Again, this doesn't exist on other xenforo forums either.

Now changes to consider in the future:

-This "light" skin or mode is clearly not popular. I'd advise you change it to a nice grey color. That should be a simple thing to change.

-Rep system. A new rep system in which myself and staff can determine how rep is calculated and distributed would be nice. We've always had rep on here. A new system would actually give me reason to make sure it's not abused the way it's been in the past.

-Avatars, I don't really care if we can't have gifs in avatars, but surely you guys can increase the width and height size? The current size reminds me of a outdated forum from like 2004.

-The claim that gifs in signatures can't happen because it would slow down the site isn't a fair argument to make. You should let members have gifs in signatures and see how the forum runs. Let us test it out. If there is not a significant strain on the site's performance, then we should be allowed to keep them. This has always been a popular feature that makes the forum stand out, which is why you should try my request before simply shutting the door on it. See what happens first. We've always had gif size limit rules anyway.

Misc

-Trophies are useless.

-How is reaction score and points calculated? Both seem pointless.

#263 ·
I post on another xenforo forum so the changes I'm asking you to make can be made because other forums have them already.

-Members need the ability to change their usertitle. Add some bold/italic option to that.

-Our size limit for images was always 500x400. The new change to 300x200 or whatever it is seems un-necessary. If you could change it back to 500x400 that would be appreciated.

-The alerts and conversations options in the drop down menu need to be on the main page at the top right for every member. Take the message icon and bell icon and move them to the top right next to our profile avatar.

-In fact, you should probably combine the "reactions received" and "alerts" into one category of alerts. Again put it on the main page.

-The online list should also be on the main page.

-Can we put the number of total likes under our total post count? So when we make it post, it shows join date, post count and total likes, in that order? (In case you're confused, I'm not talking about moving likes for current posts.)

-Every section on the main page should show the most recent thread in that section and the member who made the most recent post. The "latest posts" thing at the bottom of the page should not be used as substitute.

-Sub forums should be visible. We shouldn't have to click a drop down to view them. They should be visible on the main page.

These are changes that should be done immediately and can be done because every single one of them are on other xenforo forums. I've also told @OG Jeff in private that the "Our Top Forums" thing is trash and should be gone. The "Full Forums Listing" should be the main page when someone opens up the home/main page instead of having to click it to get there. He told me that a redesign is happening, so we'll see what happens. Again, this doesn't exist on other xenforo forums either.

Now changes to consider in the future:

-This "light" skin or mode is clearly not popular. I'd advise you change it to a nice grey color. That should be a simple thing to change.

-Rep system. A new rep system in which myself and staff can determine how rep is calculated and distributed would be nice. We've always had rep on here. A new system would actually give me reason to make sure it's not abused the way it's been in the past.

-Avatars, I don't really care if we can't have gifs in avatars, but surely you guys can increase the width and height size? The current size reminds me of a outdated forum from like 2004.

-The claim that gifs in signatures can't happen because it would slow down the site isn't a fair argument to make. You should let members have gifs in signatures and see how the forum runs. Let us test it out. If there is not a significant strain on the site's performance, then we should be allowed to keep them. This has always been a popular feature that makes the forum stand out, which is why you should try my request before simply shutting the door on it. See what happens first. We've always had gif size limit rules anyway.

Misc

-Trophies are useless.

-How is reaction score and points calculated? Both seem pointless.
:clapgifthatdoesn'texistnow

@Administrator

Absolute dogshit how the avatars have been reduced in size. Also this is too bright.
Click on the three dots in the top right hand corner of the page and you can switch to dark mode.

#509 ·
I concur.
@Administrator please respond to and take note of all the following below:

The forum's activity, functionality, and accessibility have been castrated.

Noooooo.
Cons:
  • No smileys. I miss the lol smiley...
  • No gif avatars. How do we have gif sigs but not avs???
  • Sig gifs/images are too small.
  • Can't change usertitles or center our sigs without asking a mod to do it.
  • Can't edit posts after 24 hours. Stupid.
  • I liked the dark mode at first but now I think it's too harsh, it should be grey instead.
  • The fact that you can't see which thread in a particular forum was last replied to unless you go to the forum itself.
  • "A moment ago" is dumb, cos sometimes that moment is like half an hour ago lol.
  • You also can't click 'a moment ago' or whatever time at all, when you used to be able to go directly to whatever post it was from the main page.
  • The fact that the admins lied to us about refunding Premium memberships, only a refund if you got it less than 30 days ago? What?
  • I have Premium so I don't see the ads, but I'm told they're annoying and invasive?
  • The Premium avs are actually smaller and more crap than the non Premium ones.
  • Having to click two buttons to get to our notifications/alerts when it used to be one.
  • The sub forums aren't available unless you click a drop down box, they should be available from the main page.
I'm sure I'm missing some. So yeah, it's def not an improvement. It's quite fast though, but that means nothing when the rest is so meh.

#288 ·
This new site is atrocious, from the look to its functionality.

My interest in WWE has waned and as the new decade approaches, I want to put my focus on other things. I'm thankful for all the friendships I've been able to make. The old WF was a pair of shoes I could slip on from time to time. I'm not breaking this one in. I wish you well in getting it to work the way you want it to.

#292 ·
This new site is atrocious, from the look to its functionality.

My interest in WWE has waned and as the new decade approaches, I want to put my focus on other things. I'm thankful for all the friendships I've been able to make. The old WF was a pair of shoes I could slip on from time to time. I'm not breaking this one in. I wish you well in getting it to work the way you want it to.
:cry:

Make sure to visit Discord here and there at least.

#268 · (Edited)
Holy fucking shit this is awful.. And in an age of dark mode being the popular trend these idiots went full fucking BLIND YOU ALL mode.. Fuck this... I just can't with this anymore.. This is not a forum anymore.. It's a shitty web technology showcase and it even manages to suck at that. Jesus christ the orange "loading" bullshit animation shit at the top of the page every time you click anything..

Wrestling Forum volunteer staff.. I love you

VerticalScope.. Eat a dick...

Edit: Found Dark Mode FINALLY.. This format still sucks.. This shit is more sterile than a man who just got a vasectomy.

Someone legit got paid real money to design this? God bless you...

#270 · (Edited)
I always viewed the mobile site in desktop mode and it worked fine. Hated the default mobile and "advanced mode" crap though.

But this...this is pretty bad. Not gonna lie. Was this change necessary?

EDIT: Ah, of course. It's about the ads. All makes sense now. You know society is pretty fucked when not even the admins of a wrestling forum can be genuine and tell the truth behind a decision they made. "Security reasons" and "Faster loading"? At least come up with more believable fake reasons.

#542 ·
We dont want a homepage. What is VS obsession with a homepage? VS asked me if we wanted a homepage years ego. I said no. A couple years later an upgrade happened that we didnt want, and we were stuck with a homepage that VS claimed we had to have because it came with the upgrade. Now we're on this new site and we have a homepage we dont want. When members type in the website, the main page should be all the forums listed. Not a homepage. WE DON'T WANT IT.

If this isn't going to happen then tell us flat out that VS wants a home page and that's all there is to it.

#133 ·
Such an ugly and messy layout.

And seriously is anyone ever going to address the principle of people having paid for Premium on the old site now getting nothing? The money isn't the problem, its the fact you've taken people's money and now no longer provide anything for it, thats scummy as hell, and there's a complete McMahon like ignorance and refusal to address it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.