Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

BREAKING NEWS: FUSIENT MEDIA VENTURES COMPLETE DEAL TO PURCHASE WCW

March 25th 2001: As of 9AM this morning, The ownership of World Championship Wrestling has been sold to Eric Bichoff's Fusient Media Ventures Consortium. The deal has been in the works for the past several months and finally AOL-Time Warner have agreed a deal with Bischoff despite a late and serious bid from WWF Owner Vince McMahon.

WCW Owner Eric Bischoff is expected to hold a Press Conference tomorrow morning ahead of the final WCW Monday Nitro Broadcast on TNT. He will be discussing the Immediate Future of WCW in regards to their Programming and Staffing changes as of Tuesday 27th of March when the Nitro Deal with TNT ends.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

WCW PRESS CONFERENCE

Eric Bischoff Sits In front of The Cameras and Tape Recorders as the New WCW Owner welcomed by various members of the Professional Wrestling Media such as; Dave Meltzer, Bryan Alvarez, Wade Keller and Bill Apter .

EB: Gentlemen, thank you for attending today's Press Conference. I am very excited to be speaking to you today. Let's get things started, fire away with your questions.

Dave Melzter: First of all Eric, Congratulations on purchasing WCW.

EB: Why Thank You, it wasn't all down to me as much as I'd love to say! I'm very grateful that I managed to find the right investors for this business venture.

Dave Melzter:
As we already know, as of this evening. Monday Nitro will no longer be broadcast on TNN. Does this mean that The Monday Night Wars are over? Or have you already got another station lined up?

EB:
Sadly, for now, yes. However we are currently in negotiations with various Networks across the United States as well as our Markets in The UK and Europe. We hope to announce a new programme within the coming weeks.

Bryan Alvarez: What will WCW be doing going forward into this new era? Are you still looking to compete with WWF?

EB: Why wouldn't I want to compete with The WWF?

Bryan Alvarez:
Well Eric, let's face it. The last year has been terrible for WCW. Your "competition" is streets ahead of you when it comes to TV Ratings, PPV Buys, House Show Attendances, Merchandise Sales, The list is endless.

EB: Bryan, with all due respect. We've been on top before and I will not settle for being second best. What you say is true, there is no denying it but I am a competitive and ambitious man and whilst we may have a lot of things going against us right now. I am going to make it my life's work to ensure WCW will become the #1 Promotion in The US and the World, I simply will not settle for less.

Bryan Alvarez: Do you plan to implement any changes in the current backstage area? Will we be seeing a new Booker, road agents etc?

EB: It's well known myself and Vince Russo don't see eye to eye. I will be announcing a new head of booking in the coming weeks. Tonight's show has already been written by Vince with my guidance as we have been in discussions whilst he deal for Fusient to purchase WCW was being finalized. As of tomorrow however Vince Russo will no longer be employed by WCW.

*The Journalists let out a sigh of relief*

Wade Keller: What will happen to your PPV schedule going forward?

EB:Spring Stampede will be held on April 17th at the United Center in Chicago. We will be taking a short break from monthly PPVs whilst we Iron out our TV Deal. In the mean time we will begin touring South East USA next with our House Shows following Spring Stampede.

Bill Apter:
Does this mean you are looking to scale the company back to being a regional promotion?

EB:
Yes and No. We will be hosting house shows in the South East, however once we have a New TV deal in place we will tour the United States with our weekly programming and monthly PPV Schedule. Are there any final questions gentlemen?

Every Journalist shakes their head, responding with a simple no.

EB: Thank you very much for your time Gentlemen. I hope you enjoy the final Nitro on TNT tonight as well as all WCW and Pro Wrestling fans who are tuning in. See you tonight.

·
Registered
256 Posts
You have my interest. I've always been a fan of "What if this promotion didn't die?" BTB threads, and WCW has produced some of the best examples of that (Szumi's Trio Ownership... need I go on?). I can't really comment on much, since you don't even have a roster out, but if you decide to post more I'd definitely be interested to check it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts