Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ticketmaster is advertising a WCW show for Friday, July 8, 2011 at the Ocean Center in Daytona Beach, Florida. Ironically, this is the day after the 15 year anniversary of the formation of the nWo at Bash at the Beach 1996 at the exact same building. Tickets supposedly go on sale next Saturday. This may just be a glitch or a strange coincidence, but it is very intriguing nonetheless. Check it out here.
http://www.ticketmaster.com/WCW-World-Championship-Wrestling-tickets/artist/841273

Weird, but It will likely a mistake..

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
:hmm: I'm wondering if Wrestlemania in Atlanta has anything to do with this. It may just be a mistake, though. Best not to look into things that look too good to be true.

·
Unlucky! Better luck next time!
416 Posts
WCW is dead. I hope they don't ruin it and bring back a sham version of the first, like ECW.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
interesting i saw this earlier

but tickets are too cheap for a wwe show $25-15?? :confused:

you have to note ticketmaster have done this previously with wcw, they advertised a wcw show a while ago but it wasn't actually wcw

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
It does seem a little strange. This used to happen all the time back between 2001-03 because they kept missing dates for cancellation, but I doubt they booked a date NINE years in advance.

The WWE ran there this past July, apparently, but it's worth noting that a WCW show is NOT listed on the Ocean Center website.

Curiouser and curiouser. WCW One Night Stand? Seems unlikely, since only the following current employees ever worked there: Triple H, Chavo Guerrero, Bret Hart, Rey Mysterio, Teddy Long, Norman Smiley, Big Show, William Regal, Goldust, Ricky Stemboat, Taker, Steve Keirn, Dusty Rhodes, Johnny Ace, Arn Anderson, Billy Kidman, Finlay, Jamie Noble, Dean Malenko, Mike Rotundo, Charles Robinson, Jim Ross and Gene Okerlund.

Half those guys are in no fit state to wrestle, most haven't in years, and nobody associates Trips and Taker with WCW anyway. It'd be an awful PPV, but JR, Mean Gene & Double A in the booth would make the sale for me.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
"They" did it.

Reactions: The_Gizzame™

·
Fear Me!
3,444 Posts
Just a mistake most likely.

Though, if it isn't. :hmm:

Reactions: The_Gizzame™

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
This is weird, but I'm almost certain this is a glitch. I just can't see anything like that taking place. I guess stranger things have happened though.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
There will never ever be a WCW one night stand. It makes no sense, the only reason ECW did it is because it was a different enough product that it could use its own showcase, and had its own seperate fanbase to exploit. WCW wasnt that much different from WWE and the fans were mostly the same people, especially by the end. I can see them dropping the brand split and rebooting WCW Though, i dont know why they didn't convert the whole smackdown brand to the WCW name in the first place.

·
Registered
189 Posts
im gonna go wayyyyyy out on a limb here so please dont hate to much. maybe with all the unification talk this is how they will split the brand up?

/ducks for cover

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Do people even know what this word means any more? It's fucking coincidental.

On topic: I think it's just a mistake on the advertisement.
Do you know what ironic means? Because if there was a random WCW thing happening the day after the anniversary of the NWO forming, at the same place - and it was a coincidence - that's the very definition of ironic...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts