Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see the WWE Wrestling special on at 3pm on Saturday?

Its going to show all the best bits from monday nitro. Does anyone know how long this has been going on or if its just a one time thing?

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
Well, thanks for the heads up, I'll have to tivo it and watch it tomorrow night. I hadn't heard of this before, must be a new thing.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
That is pretty cool! :) Hopefully someone will record it and upload to YT for people who don't have Sky One.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Not heard of it either, cheers mate, they've been doing these specials for a while, the Big Show documentry from his DVD was on last month

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. No idea this was on. I'm at work but I thank the lord at times like this for Sky+ :D
Hopefully they do it as a little mini series and give the highlights a good amount of time to cover as much as possible from the years and dont just blitz through it all in 45 minutes of show time (without ads)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when i went to record it, it gave me the "record series" option so im guessing theres at least one more next week

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
They do the WWE Specials on Sky Sports every time a pay-per-view is on Sky Box Office, been doing it for the past ~5/6 years.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Just watching it now, Jericho vs Mysterio is great (i almost forgot how good a young Mysterio was) but during it they go through a list of cruiserweights and bleep one name out, got a funny feeling it was Benoit.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
doesnt look like its repeated again

wasnt very good to be honest :/ the normal rubbish of edited highlights

I just dont see why they cant just show full unedited matches or programmes.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
I saw the end, Hart vs. Goldberg, which ended with Piper interfering, covering Goldberg and getting the three count. Yeaaaaaaah.....one of those WTFBBQ WCW moments.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what was remarkable about hart vs goldberg was the editing

basically nash and hall came along with baseball bats then it cut to hart standing up and piper covering goldberg

the commentators had no idea what was going on, i had no idea what was going on then it cuts to the presenter telling us how fantastic it all was.

i just dont understand why they butcher their own content like that

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
It was all about promoting Hell in a Cell to be honest.
I agree, I tivo'd it, and They mentioned HIAC every 2 minutes, They even had the HIAC logo in the background and the theme for the event playing. Then the editing of the segments, The silly barbed wire borders. I was slightly dissapointed, but it did well for something to watch this morning while i had breakfast.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I missed it :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts