Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember WCW Nitro being shown on the TNT timeshare channel with Cartoon Network in 90s. I'm sure it was on Astra 1c and where TNT has a 3 hr 1/2 schedule between 9:30 and 12:30 or 1:00. Anyway the times may not be accurate but WCW Nitro im pretty sure was shown on there. What I remember was i would watch the last 10 minutes of Cartoon Network waiting for TNT to start to show Nitro.

I also remember spending Friday nights watching a program named WCW Worldwide which as someone said on another forum is like the WWE Superstars or Sunday Night Heat. It was as I remember a re-cap show of all of the weeks action and I recall being weeks out of date? Not sure entirely, but what I remember most is the hilarious 'Pow!' and 'Crash!' slogans that came up when a object was used during a match. I personally thought that was brilliant - due to the humour of it. I originally thought the show was shown at 9pm on Channel 5 after the post watershed rules - but why are they showing a censored version? Fair enough showing a edited version in the afternoon like ITV did in the early 90s but strange to put on an edited version after the watershed. I seem to recall Sky showed 'Late Night Smackdown' at 9pm so why not WCW. At one point we all got Thunder which as I recall was shown on TNT - I have a few badly recorded taps of Nitro/Thunder episodes.

One thing I got confused by was the fact that the UK did not get PPVs - or at least in English as some people say there was a German channel at showed them.

One thing i'm interested to know is what channel was WCW PPVs shown on in the UK - I also believe it was on a analogue channel which was on satellite in the 100s.

·
Best In The World
4,752 Posts
Nitro was on tnt at 10pm Friday's after Cartoon Network finished. Same time as raw aired on sky sports.

Sometimes thunder was put right on after nitro finished but other times it was old school horrors.

In 2000 it changed and only nitro was shown but it was moved to bravo and sure it was shown on Saturday nights

Final 6 months wcw worldwide aired on channel 5 either between 7/8 or 8/9.

Hope this helps you.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yeah upto 1997 cut versions of WCW PPV's were shown on analogue Sky here in the UK in German on a German channel called DSF, remember watching and recording them, pausing it for the commercial breaks, probably still have the VHS tapes somewhere in my collection, have all WCW/WWF shows recorded onto VHS but haven't watched them in ages as my VCR broke down and i didn't bother getting another. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.