Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dirt sheet report is dirt sheet, but what the hell, why not:

f4wonline.com said:
While the extent is unclear, with WrestleMania XXVII taking place in Atlanta, Georgia near the ten-year anniversary of the death of World Championship Wrestling, there will be some sort of tie-in involving the defunct wrestling promotion at the event.
If they can't agree to pay Goldberg to join the HOF, my next guess would be Booker T. Which I guess wouldn't be half bad considering he was WCW Champion at the time the company shut down.

I would mark like hell for Sting, but I'll believe that when I see it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sting would be great, Goldberg too. Booker should already be in along with a few others from the NWO. Hall, Nash, are they in already?

·
Premium Member
8,581 Posts
They would probably just shit on WCW's legacy even more than they have in the past
Yes, this is what will happen. They'll have Marc Mero come out as Johnny B. Badd complete with his (wikipedia quote here:) "Badd Blaster", a confetti gun that he would fire before his matches. (end wiki quote). I remember that thing hahaha so funny. Then Kozlav comes outta nowhere and kicks him in the face and snaps his Badd Blaster in half and says in a heavy accent "This is what I think about WCW!" WWE Universe cheers?

Next Shockmaster vs. Santino...The Shockmaster comes out and falls down again, his "match" is canceled due to technical difficulties (him falling down)...immediately after, the Divas have a lumber jill match and have to come down the entrance ramp avoiding the fallen Shockmaster.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
I can see the idea of a WCW-central Hall of Fame ceremony being a very good idea. However, an ill-defined "WCW angle" brings to mind a wide assortment of various WCW-driven "storylines" for the actual Wrestlemania show that would probably be a huge bust. WWE couldn't handle the InVasion angle three months after WCW perished. Now you have a dramatically different audience as the core of their desired demographic, and most of them couldn't give a damn about what was once a big wrasslin' company that died off almost ten years ago.

Booker T going into the Hall of Fame would be cool, though. In the end, I think he's the one guy from WCW who bridges the gap between the Monday Night Wars Era and the WWE of the 2000s, post-MNW Era. He was the one guy who made an impact, hung around and further cemented a legacy for himself. So his perspective on both companies (without getting into that other place he was most recently in) would be very intriguing for a HoF induction speech.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
they should have a war games match
Definitely. As soon as I heard WM was in Atlanta, and it was 10 years since the demise of WCW, I've been expecting a WCW themed 'mania. Hopefully a decent showing of ex-WCW stars. Would be pretty great to see a War Game match.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
WCW vs WWE War games.

Booker T, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Goldberg, Buff Bagwell, Vs WWE Kofi, Morrison, Ziggler, McIntyre, Santino.

Goldberg jobbing to the Cobra would be EPIC!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
WCW vs WWE War games.

Booker T, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Goldberg, Buff Bagwell, Vs WWE Kofi, Morrison, Ziggler, McIntyre, Santino.

Goldberg jobbing to the Cobra would be EPIC!!!!!
Nah Goldberg's ego wouldn't agree to do that. Instead they would use Gilberg.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts