Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
As flock said, 2001 WCW was actually good.

I'll assume you meant WCW 2000. WCW 2000 was so bad that it's an insult to compare WWE 2019 to it. Go back and read recaps of what happened this week in WCW in 2000 and compare it this past Monday's RAW.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Wow, I'm surprised at many of the responses.

WCW 2001 was far worse. Everything was booked so bad, that the promotion didn't even have a top guy anymore. At the very least, Fiend is the champion and is over (despite the WWE).

·
Registered
948 Posts
Kind of a loaded comparison. We are nearly two decades removed from one while still finishing up on the other. There's always going to be a rose colored glasses aspect to even the crummiest moments from the past while the present will often always feel inferior when it is happening. It's amazing the amount of mediocrity that is now being championed as "classic" merely because it came from an era that no longer exists.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
WCW 2001 was actually really good - which makes it a shame they went out of business just as they were putting on a good product - especially when all their big stars were being written out gradually.

2019 WWE is just aids.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I've posted this question a couple of times over the last few years. WCW 2000 usually won out.

I think at this point - creatively - WWE is clearly worse. WCW 2000 was similar to WWE 1995 - a complete rebuild year with some good mixed with a lot of misfires. In retrospect, I liked the forced rebuild that they were attempting with the Natural Born Thrillas. If WCW had continued, these guys would have largely formed the backbone of a Fusient owned promotion in 2001 and 2002.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Wow, I'm surprised at many of the responses.

WCW 2001 was far worse. Everything was booked so bad, that the promotion didn't even have a top guy anymore. At the very least, Fiend is the champion and is over (despite the WWE).
They were slowly building back up in 2001. It's a shame it ended when it did, would have been interesting to see the direction they would have gone in with the closure of ECW and Johnny Ace booking everything.

We would have seen the Cruiserweight and Cruiserweight Tag division take centre stage with new recruits Kid Kash, Super Crazy, EZ Money, AJ Styles as well as Christopher Daniels, Chavo Guerrero Jr, Rey Mysterio Jr, Shane Helms, Shannon Moore, Evan Karagias, Kaz Hayashi, Yun Yang, Jamie Noble, Elix Skipper, Billy Kidman, Kwee Wee and Lash LeRoux.

Then there was the push of the Natural Born Thrillers, Lance Storm and Mike Awesome.

Steve Corino coming in to help Dustin Rhodes feud with Jarrett and Flair.

Road Dogg, Sabu and RVD joining.

Do ring and Roadkill joining the tag division as well as Chris Harris and James Storm.

The likes of Bam Bam, Douglas, Kanyon, Konnan, Morrus, The Wall and Rick Steiner propping up the midcard with Booker T and DDP on top.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
WWE 2019 is far worse. I at least could watch WCW 2001. I quit watching WWE all together, it was a chore and I couldn't even stay awake.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
WWE in 2019 is the worst wrestling promotion I have ever watched. Anything not named Bray Wyatt is unwatchable. Charisma vacuums stars dominating, no proper heels, no entertaining promos, awful commentary teams, some of the worst angles ever (Rusev, Lana, Lashley, the awful brand rivalry e.t.c).

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't know why's there the option 2001 instead of 2000? Here are some comments they would rather watch the WCW entertaining trainwreck than a dull WWE 2019 show. WCW 2000 was actually this trainwreck "so bad it's entertaining". WCW 2001 was dull just as WWE 2019. 2000 would be a better option IMO

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
They were slowly building back up in 2001. It's a shame it ended when it did, would have been interesting to see the direction they would have gone in with the closure of ECW and Johnny Ace booking everything.

We would have seen the Cruiserweight and Cruiserweight Tag division take centre stage with new recruits Kid Kash, Super Crazy, EZ Money, AJ Styles as well as Christopher Daniels, Chavo Guerrero Jr, Rey Mysterio Jr, Shane Helms, Shannon Moore, Evan Karagias, Kaz Hayashi, Yun Yang, Jamie Noble, Elix Skipper, Billy Kidman, Kwee Wee and Lash LeRoux.

Then there was the push of the Natural Born Thrillers, Lance Storm and Mike Awesome.

Steve Corino coming in to help Dustin Rhodes feud with Jarrett and Flair.

Road Dogg, Sabu and RVD joining.

Do ring and Roadkill joining the tag division as well as Chris Harris and James Storm.

The likes of Bam Bam, Douglas, Kanyon, Konnan, Morrus, The Wall and Rick Steiner propping up the midcard with Booker T and DDP on top.
Sorry man, but no. People really look back into the past with rose tainted glasses. WCW was a far worse mess. We had Bischoff coming on Nitros and all but begging the audience to give WCW another shot.

No amount of talent would have saved WCW because the people at the top didnt know how to book.

·
rasslin
2,609 Posts
WCW 2000 had about 20 different world champions in one year and at one point vacated every title.

I'll take WWE 2019, at least you get a good roster of talent.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts