Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuck them. There were some tweets but the damage control was done and they're deleted, except for Joe Coffey's

https://twitter.com/joe_coffey/status/869992144060198913

^Apparently I don't know how to put a tweet here. Welp.

Here's a reddit thread about it.

Sha Samuels first called them out and there are people giving support.

See, that's why I bash them at every chance I get. They were all over TNA/Impact/Whatever for not paying talent and now do the same thing?

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
Yikes. Would probably have something to do with Youtube's new monetization process.

Hope they pull out of that but talent should always get what they've earned.

·
WF's Resident One Piece mark
1,251 Posts
I use to love reading WhatCulture, but after it became clear they write with an agenda, I became turned off. Then they started a wrestling promotion, bragged about the talent and meaningless matches they were putting on (on Youtube), then they had that one incident with the ring collapsing. I don't know if you guys read their site, but soon afterwards - like a day or two after - they post an article "10 Other Times The Ring Has Broken" and it was basically an elaborate hatchet job of WWE, petting themselves for letting "the talents be themselves" and "allowing creativity" while also trying to divert attention on any wrestling company possible. Look up when it happened, it was Will Ospreay vs. Ricochet, and if you pay attention to Ospreay, the dude literally lands on his fucking head due to the ring collapsing. He could've easily broken his neck, but all they're concerned about is throwing shade at all the other wrestling companies. It made me sick.

I'm glad this shit is happening to them, their entire site is so fucking pompous and self-aggrandizing, it became impossible to read. Plus, considering the fact they're also a wrestling company, can't WWE sue them for slander? I mean 75% of their articles are hatchet jobs on WWE, insulting them at any given opportunity.

·
Registered
12,449 Posts
Tough break for them and I do hoep they fix their issues. I assume its the youtube monetization issues , seeing as wrestling is on the "ban" list so they can't make money off WCPW basically so its hitting them. They're also trying to sell premium content which I assume isn't selling that well. They tried to be too big too soon, getting several relatively big names each card they put on would definitely put a dent in the profits. The should have had most of the roster comprised of lesser known guys sprinkled in with some bigger names. They tried to go all out so fast, it seems like its hurting them big time

·
Registered
991 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dunno about the rest, Sha Samuels was definitely naming WCPW - But Joe Coffey said this :

So his issue at least isn't with WCPW.
That makes it very weird.

Also, there are people elsewhere thinking this is a work, so...

1 - If that's not a work, they're doing one of the things they bashed TNA for(not paying talent)

2 - If that's a work, they're doing one of the things they bashed Russo for(the worked shoot angles)

Can i get a bigass "Fuck this company" now?

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Not sure what the Sha Samuels situation is but apparently the 5 Star Wrestling 128 man tournament that was meant to start next weekend has been cancelled.

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
Why are you guys so hateful?

And there's what TD Stinger said. It's the YouTube monetization issue that's hit everyone is feeling right now.
Because this place is littered with wwe/tna marks that get all defensive about their brands. Personally, I'm glad wcpw is around to provide wrestlers with another avenue for exposure beyond those two shitty options.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Because this place is littered with wwe/tna marks that get all defensive about their brands. Personally, I'm glad wcpw is around to provide wrestlers with another avenue for exposure beyond those two shitty options.
Loooool
There's plenty of better options than this one.

Guys like Mark Dallas and Smallman busted their ass for years and WCPW just come throwing the money they earned doing unoriginal videos about WWE to steal the buzz of the UK scene.

·
Banned
3,455 Posts
I use to love reading WhatCulture, but after it became clear they write with an agenda, I became turned off. Then they started a wrestling promotion, bragged about the talent and meaningless matches they were putting on (on Youtube), then they had that one incident with the ring collapsing. I don't know if you guys read their site, but soon afterwards - like a day or two after - they post an article "10 Other Times The Ring Has Broken" and it was basically an elaborate hatchet job of WWE, petting themselves for letting "the talents be themselves" and "allowing creativity" while also trying to divert attention on any wrestling company possible. Look up when it happened, it was Will Ospreay vs. Ricochet, and if you pay attention to Ospreay, the dude literally lands on his fucking head due to the ring collapsing. He could've easily broken his neck, but all they're concerned about is throwing shade at all the other wrestling companies. It made me sick.

I'm glad this shit is happening to them, their entire site is so fucking pompous and self-aggrandizing, it became impossible to read. Plus, considering the fact they're also a wrestling company, can't WWE sue them for slander? I mean 75% of their articles are hatchet jobs on WWE, insulting them at any given opportunity.
They hate Hogan that is for sure.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I remember all the post (especially on youtube) that they will be the number 2 promotion in the world and how they are already bigger than TNA.... lol

·
Registered
991 Posts
Sha Samuels Vs. Prince Ameen seems like it might be a work based on their twitter exchange. If so nothing to see here as all the other wrestlers were talking about 5 star wrestling, and some people with agendas leapt in to assume it was WCPW.

Reactions: RetepAdam.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
lol

Thought that WCPW thing was long gone, didn't think it was actually a serious thing

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.