Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CW will host another superhero crossover event this fall, but this time they’ll be introducing the character of Batwoman into the fold.

Arrow star Stephen Amell shared the big news at The CW’s upfront presentation on Thursday. “We’re incredibly excited to announce that we’ll be doing another crossover event this fall on the CW, and we’ll be introducing a new character,” Amell said. “For the very first time appearing, we’ll be fighting alongside Batwoman, which is terrific. The crossover is going to make it to air in December. I need to leave right now and start filming it.”

Batwoman, otherwise known as Kate Kane, is one of several vigilantes who protect Gotham City. The character, first introduced as Kathy Kane in Detective Comics back in 1956, was reimagined for DC Comics’ New 52, with the character now a Jewish lesbian.

“We are adding the city of Gotham into the Arrowverse,” CW boss Mark Pedowitz added. “This will be another full-throttled, action-packed event.”

With the introduction of Gotham City in the crossover, the Arrowverse is following through on something it has been teasing for some time. In the first season of The Flash, there was a newspaper from the year 2024 that featured a headline about Wayne Tech merging with Queen Inc. Furthermore, the current season of Arrow confirmed that Gotham existed in the show’s universe when Oliver Queen name-dropped Bruce Wayne while being questioned about whether or not he was the Green Arrow.
Source

Thought this was worthy of it's own thread, but mods can move it to the Arrow thread if need be. After all of the DC Universe unveiling this is actually a bit of a shock. Don't know what sparked this, but they must have just said fuck it after the DCEU failing, plus they need something to keep it going because Arrow is getting up there and is probably over in the next few years. Sucks it's not the Barbara Gordon/Batgirl character crossing over, but I understand the decision as CW has a certain route it takes with their shows and Kate Kane fits it.

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,380 Posts
All these "superhero" TV shows and movies have ruined my childhood. :mj2

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
All these "superhero" TV shows and movies have ruined my childhood. :mj2
Outside of Marvel Studios and Chris Nolan they have all pretty much been ruined by clueless and worthless cocksuckers or ones with a feminist agenda instead of putting together the best stories or shows possible.

·
Life is Good.
3,923 Posts
I haven't watched Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, or Legends at all this season.

Have I missed anything good?
Not much from what I have seen so far.

Arrow = peaked at Season 1 and 2.

Flash = peaked at Season 2. (and a little bit of 3 imo)

Legends = also Season 2. The Dark-Merlyn-Thawne team was fantastic.

and Supergirl hasn't been exactly groundbreaking so far as it has yet to peak. However episode 9 of the third (current) season was pretty epic battle-wise.

60,001 Posts
Hollywood: But people will pay a billion dollars to see a Batman film....Why would we spend money on a tv show when no one watches tv? We just cancelled shows X, Y and Z....
Right now the DC Universe is struggling at the box office. If they went all out and made a great Batman series and put it on HBO or something, I think they could reap some great benefits.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Calling it now: Sara sleeps with her. Or Alex does. Lets face it, Batwoman was picked because she's a lesbian.

I haven't watched Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, or Legends at all this season.

Have I missed anything good?
Legends was decent and Arrow had a couple of good moments. Rest is crap.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sounds like a desperate move to just add more content and make up for the interesting ideas well running dry. This crew seems spread way too think unlike Marvel.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,318 Posts
Right now the DC Universe is struggling at the box office. If they went all out and made a great Batman series and put it on HBO or something, I think they could reap some great benefits.
I think me and Clique talked about something like this last year. A rated R film or series with the Batman, first villain could be the Riddler, would be like a SAW movie, while disturbing would focus on Batman being a detective and trying to solve who the Riddler is.

Each season could feature bad guys and mysteries from the list of villains.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts