Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
I'm a Brock fan, but Drew deserves this shot. Plus, it's legitimately the first time WWE has built a new main event star since the Shield guys. Seriously, check the records.

Braun winning was weird. He lost to Sami Zayn a month ago, was thrown in last minute because Roman bailed... and yeah. Don't love him as champ, especially since he exposed himself as a meathead fuckwit on social media recently, and the match sucked cock, but hey... at least Goldberg isn't champ anymore.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
I was hoping Goldberg would retain, don't know why they took it off of him instead of just waiting to give Reigns his moment later on. Drew I'm iffy about, but you can't blame them for taking a chance with him. They need any fresh face they can get in the main event scene right now and Drew has enough momentum right now to justify the title switch. We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
I was hoping Goldberg would retain, don't know why they took it off of him instead of just waiting to give Reigns his moment later on. Drew I'm iffy about, but you can't blame them for taking a chance with him. They need any fresh face they can get in the main event scene right now and Drew has enough momentum right now to justify the title switch. We'll see how it goes.
I´m guessing they had no choice than to take it off Goldberg. He probably had a contract that ran until WM. If they were to extend that deal, he would have demanded $5 million more.

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
I am glad Brock's reign is over. All his matches are the same, suplex, F5, repeat. And Sick of Heyman cutting the same promo over and over again. And 90% of Brock's appearances just consist of him standing there while Heyman cuts the same promo he has the past 5 years. And Goldberg never should have been champion to begin with. His championship win and his title loss lasted a combined 5 minutes because he is unable to do much.

·
Registered
11,763 Posts
Drew has had some of the strongest booking ever (if not strongest) to begin a year. I mean he eliminated Lesnar then won rumble, destroyed Lesnar on TV and then beat him clean in a few minutes. Rollins and Reigns got nothing like that.

I personally don't think he is right guy for spot but am willing to give him time (with live audience) to prove himself

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Brock is still under contract, so I'm sure he'll be back and probably get the belt back at some point. He probably just wanted to get back to his compound in the woods with his family until the virus scare is over.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
You hear that, OP? It's the sound of countless women's panties dripping their juices at the sight of that sexy-ass Scottish monster.

Drew is the Chosen One, and that's all that matters.
He's dull as dishwater. And Vince is going to hardcore fuck him up. He's going to have him out there cracking jokes on heels like he's John Cena. They think for some reason every top face champion needs to check 9 different boxes with their character instead of just playing to their strengths and rolling with what works.

I don't even hate the guy. I'm just apathetic to him. A year ago he was getting the most indifferent reactions from the crowd. Then out of nowhere he gets a face turn and the rocket ship up his ass. Sorry, I'm not buying

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
McIntrye is PERFECT to take on the role that HHH had in 1999/2000. Big heel champion to feud with the Babyface FOTC guys.

·
Registered
8,434 Posts
Braun only won because Goldberg was supposed to drop it. Good on Braun for being the right person at the right time in placement of Roman but it was less a choice than a luck of the draw.

Alas, anything that happens during this time is basically not relevant. I'm sorry, but getting worked up over anyone getting a push during a time when there are no crowds and poor ratings just isn't worth it.

Honestly, I feel bad for anyone getting a push during this time. Braun probably deserved a crowd because he probably won't win another world title after he drops it, likely sometime after the crowds come back if not right before.

·
Banned
839 Posts
All world champions they've had have been TRASH with the exception of CM Punk, AD Styles, Daniel Bryan, Brock Lesnar, and Roman Reigns.

All the others were midcard garbage like Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins, or people who shouldn't have ever gotten a WWE contract like Fruity pebbles John Cena. And no comments on that bald idiot Bill Goldberg who should've been working a popcorn stand or as a Gym manager in Atlanta than be Universal Champion.

And Drew Mcintyre isn't believable as champion(10 years of shitty booking will do that), and Braun Strowman is a joke. On his best day he can't lace up the boots of BIG SHOW.

No comments on that idiot Kofi Kingston.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Strowman I can agree with but the Universal title was a joke as soon as it debuted so I can't be too mad about the decision.

But McIntyre is FOTC material, its just a matter of how they book him for the future. That, or the online fanbase turn on him like they do with literally everyone else.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Compare the following

(SETH Rollins as Universal Champion) (Kingston as WWE Champion)

(Braun Strowman as Universal Champion) (Drew McIntyre as WWE Champion)

These pictures are enough to show which wrestlers are better fit for the belt of World Champion.
I would prefer having these belt hanging on the waist of present champions rather than the ones who were anointed in Mania 35. At least they can be classified as world heavyweight champions.

In a fantasy world of wrestling book Nick Aldis with present champions in a match similar to the main event of Cyber Sunday 2006 and we may get a main event similar Summerslam 2017

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
Kinda sucks both guys get there first worldtitle without a crowd. Drew couldve been worldchamp 9 years ago and Braun shouldve gotten it in 2017-2018 the first time he faced Lesnar. It is what it is tho.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts