Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Right, let me just say, I'm not exactly Drew McIntyre's biggest fan, I think he's incredibly talented and great etc.. credit where it is due ... but he's not someone who I mark out for, or anything like that, however I was watching this small little clip earlier and this seriously goes to show just how held back Drew Mcintyre really is ... and it's actually a lot ... when you see this clip here and what he is capable of ... and then you see what WWE are doing with him right now ... you totally see the difference.

I've heard Bret Hart say that they are missing a big thing with Drew McIntyre, around the time when he was barely getting pushed, just before the Teddy Long angle when he was losing matches while trying to keep his job on Smackdown (remember that?) ... but honestly, this video showcases just what WWE are actually missing out by not pushing Drew or involving him in some serious feuds and story lines in his own right.

Note : Watch this video before responding in the thread ... if you respond without even watching this video clip to the end, you're response isn't really relevant as you need to see this clip, THEN respond with your thoughts.

Personally, I think he's really held back and it wasn't until I saw this clip earlier ... that I actually realised just how much he actually is held by ... they need to utilise Drew McIntyre, whether you're a fan or not .... this is something we have to commend here.

Thoughts ... I'd really love to hear some people's genuine and honest opinions here ... after you've watched the clip of course.​

Reactions: Brisbayne

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
I can't see the clip from work but i don't need to, i have seen drew's promos and matches even back in his Scottish wrestling days as Drew Galloway. For such a big guy he is very athletic and if he is allowed to demonstrate his skills and moveset (see Drew Vs Christian on Superstars last year for proof) then he will take off. I don;t think his mic work would be that great for WWE American audiences but it doesn't stop guys like ADR and Sheamus getting mic time when they are no better. I don't expect him to be in the main event scene, i have given up on that but he at LEAST deserves a run or chance with a midcard belt and then they can take it from there. I was hoping Drew saving ADR's a*s in a real fight would get him a push, after all he got buried for not hitting his g/f back did he not?

·
Locker Room Leader
12,168 Posts
I have always been a Mcintyre fan. I don't really know what made them depush him, probably that incident with Taryn Terell but yeah, I really felt he could have been a big star if used correctly. Could see flashes of Legend Killer Orton in him and he was great as a sadistic prick.

Not the best mic skills but good enough. Easily better than Del Rio and Sheamus. Last semi-relevant angle he was involved in was the angle with Kelly Kelly which was abandoned midway to make Kelly come to Edge's aid against Vickie/Ziggler. And then few months later Edge retired and Drew faded into obscurity.

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ummmmm, no
And your reasoning for this response, after watching the video of course?

Well obviously he is as is everyone who isn't allowed to reach their potential it's whether the company decides to push them not their talent, anyone can be made to look like a million dollars.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I hear what you're saying but if a talent isn't able to showcase themselves due to lack of being utilized or whatever, then they are held back aren't they, which this video shows, look at how good Drew looks in those clips ... you never see him do anything like that now, and why? ... because he's stuck in this 3MB thing doing pretty much nothing.

Sweet vid.
Isn't it just? :)

·
Banned
3,871 Posts
He'll come through no worries. Only 26 years old and has his entire career infront of him. There are other guys that should be pushed before him but I agree. 10 years from now he will probably be a maineventer.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I think what people fail to realize when they can't understand why wrestler x isn't being pushed to the moon is that not everything comes down to what they are like in front of the camera. There could be a shitload of reasons why they aren't getting pushed cos of things they are either doing or not doing backstage that people don't and will never see.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I think Drew has a lot more to offer than being in some stupid fake rock and roll group, but...okay judging from that video, first off the nickname "The Chosen One" I still think of Jeff Jarrett. Even if you don't think of Double J, it's super generic, it's like something a kid would makeup for a fantasy wrestling federation.

And then his promo skills, at one point he's supposed to say "I hurt people" and it sounds like he says "I heart people." Now, whoever put this video together and put that clip in there did a poor job of editing because any heel who sounds like they say "I heart people" is dead in the water, but he's either got to avoid using some words completely or just ease up off the accent.

With all that being said, I think that video does show that there's potential there that WWE hasn't tapped into just yet.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
He's being held back solely because he fucked up backstage 1-2 years ago.

He does deserve better but he did it himself. :draper2
Nope, again people are getting the story wrong. He was attacked by his wife....he did NOT hit her back. If that makes him in the wrong then fuck me it's a messed up world. He subsequently split up with her after she started flipping out and airing their laundry online. The twitter misunderstanding being the most ridiculous (Chavo cheated on his wife and told drew in text, Tiffany thought Chavos chat was Drew's, posted the convo online and got Chavo busted) The Chavo bit was funny to be fair because....you know...it was Chavo. Point being yes he is very very talented, was given a huge push with a generic gimmick which limited his ability to express charisma. He has tons by the way, the stone cold killer gimmick he was given didn't really let him express that the way his party boy gimmick did on the indies and in FCW. Rumours have it he is in line for a big push, I live in hope that this is true. Even in these throwaway matches on raw recently he has been the standout performer. His psychology is excellent and he's starting to be allowed to expand his move set. Big things coming from him

·
Acknowledged by Lex Luger
443 Posts
I wasn't impressed. Even if i was it was a 2 min clip. I could put together a 2 min clip of David Otunga making him look good. But in reality he is not and neither is Drew.

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
I really wish they would have pulled the trigger with him back on Smackdown. He could have been a pretty damn solid WHC after maybe winning the SD MITB contract back in 2010, but I guess somebody didn't see it that way. Hell, I still think if they break him away from 3MB, put that trenchcoat back on him and have him go full-fledged bad ass heel again, he could definitely still have a shot.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.