Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty bad match but my point here is why the FUCK did they not change the outcome last minute? We all know what happened that night. Why let their top heel at the time and someone that has a character based around darkness and death win the title? Just a shitty idea.

·
WWE Golden Era Sim League President
3,295 Posts
Hindsight is 20/20 - but when you are in as hazy a situation like that where you are dealing with somebody's death...you just keep going with a blank stare. I don't fault them at all for changing anything or having the where with all to even fathom alternate plans for their ending.

Aside from that, still feel they shouldn't have continued the event.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Hindsight is 20/20 - but when you are in as hazy a situation like that where you are dealing with somebody's death...you just keep going with a blank stare. I don't fault them at all for changing anything or having the where with all to even fathom alternate plans for their ending.

Aside from that, still feel they shouldn't have continued the event.
I mean seriously, how could you go on and cheer for a main event after seeing someone being killed in front of your eyes on live PPV?

·
Registered
7,212 Posts
Yeah, they should have just stopped the show. However, Owen dying you know everyone was not in their right mind. I give them a pass for that and even Taker winning for the same reason.

Who knows what the alternative could have been. Vince coming out saying he is stopping the show? Wrestling fans can be crazy sometimes. He probably would have got some boos over it being a heel who stopped the show. I know some people were wondering if the thing could have been a work online of fans who were there. I remember Pillman's announcement of his death getting some cheers smh.

·
WWE Golden Era Sim League President
3,295 Posts
Yeah, they should have just stopped the show. However, Owen dying you know everyone was not in their right mind. I give them a pass for that and even Taker winning for the same reason.

Who knows what the alternative could have been. Vince coming out saying he is stopping the show? Wrestling fans can be crazy sometimes. He probably would have got some boos over it being a heel who stopped the show. I know some people were wondering if the thing could have been a work online of fans who were there. I remember Pillman's announcement of his death getting some cheers smh.
Yeah the Attitude Era was vicious in that sense, but you could've had all the superstars come out, Austin included, you put a loyal company man's life over the product anyday.

If they postponed that In Your House because of a snowstorm/power issues, you can easily do that for a death.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
No one knew he was dead though because they didn't announce it in the arena
They did not, but despite that he still fell from the ceiling in front of thousands of people, leading to him being surrounded by medical staff and never getting up. They can't all possibly think he's okay.

·
Registered
12,478 Posts
They did not, but despite that he still fell from the ceiling in front of thousands of people, leading to him being surrounded by medical staff and never getting up. They can't all possibly think he's okay.
Well, I'm not sure. I heard he would have survived had he landed in the middle of the ring , also heard he sat up as well. I don't know to be honest, its hard to really put anyone in Vince's position at that time. I do think ending the show would have been the right thing , but at the time it wasn't known.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
I mean seriously, how could you go on and cheer for a main event after seeing someone being killed in front of your eyes on live PPV?
I'm not saying it's right but we are conditioned for that in sports though. A horrible action happens in a race the race goes on. Someone breaks their neck in a football the game goes on. I think the bigger shock would of been for Vince to come out and stop the ppv. There is the show must go on mantra in the entertainment industry.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Yeah thats true, F1 races still go on after a bad crash, in boxing and I guess ufc if one of the undercard fighters gets hurt the main event still goes on, in football when muamba pretty much died ont he pitch the match carried on etc

I dont know if you can say theres really a right or a wrong thing to do, if you stop the show what difference does it really make?

·
Registered
702 Posts
The thing that bothered me most about it was that fucking blood spot in the corner. I mean seriously clean that shit up wwf damn, cut that piece out if you have to for fuck sakes.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It's strange because the PPV just seemed off. Most wrestlers weren't performing at their best understandibly and the fans seemed off.

That being said I was always surprised at the wrestlers that DID go out there and have energy. I dont know how they managed that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts