Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before i start im not talking about actual wrestlers, im not talking about santino or alex riley. if i remember right thats what the rumble is for, a "random" person in the locker room to win. :rolleyes:

that being said what im talking about is the inevitable wasted spots that WWE gives us time and time again.

this year i see at least 2 happening, hornswaggle for sure, and im not sure about the 2nd, swaggers soaring eagle? teddy long? ....dare i say...micheal cole!?!?

who do you think will be the wasted spots this year?

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I don't know about this year since they seem to be getting away from that sort of thing and just go with retired or former wrestlers. My personal favorite guest entry was Drew Carey and his interaction with Kane.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
whattt tell me you didnt mark out for tatanka a couple years back :avit:

this is the kind of thing im talking about, who do you think? jimmy snuka to help out the usos? jake roberts because he confused it for an AA meeting? i wanna see the man they call vader! :eek:

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
I think its great seeing some of the legends of the company entering...i mean cmon its only like 2 or 3 spots..its a nice throwback for those of us that grew up with them

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Wasted? They're not wasted. They can add comedic value to the match or extra entertainment to the match.

So what if Drew Carey was in the Rumble, i'd rather it be him than a current jobber that no one cares about.

·
Registered
9,734 Posts
Sometimes it's actually kinda cool, remember back in 2008 when Jimmy Snuka entered the Rumble, then Piper came out and the match stopped as Madison Square Garden erupted watching the confrontation.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Mr. Perfect in 2002 had to be the best surprise Rumble entrant ever (well, except for Cena '08). It's too bad he was basically used as a jobber after that, in one of the more disgraceful booking acts of the last decade.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Mr. Perfect in 2002 had to be the best surprise Rumble entrant ever (well, except for Cena '08). It's too bad he was basically used as a jobber after that, in one of the more disgraceful booking acts of the last decade.
This.

They had the guy jobbing on Heat FFS.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
I don't know about this year since they seem to be getting away from that sort of thing and just go with retired or former wrestlers. My personal favorite guest entry was Drew Carey and his interaction with Kane.
That's mine as well.

"Maybe it'll be someone who'll go easy on him?" <Kane's Pyro> then King lets out the girliest scream ever heard and JR says "Oh my god oh my god oh my god." Pure gold right there.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
Rob Van Dams the other year was weird. shows up because its hometown or whatever, but basically did nothing. he was in the match like 15 minutes, no real excitement or anything, and got eliminated much sooner than he should have. i thought they'd at least tease the possibility he could win the thing.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
1996 Royal Rumble comes to mind. They had 4 guys in that match that I think shouldn't have been in there.

Takao Omori
Doug Gilbert
Squat #1
Squat #2

Squat Team were the Headhunters from ECW, Doug Gilbert was some nobody from USWA and Omori was a guy from Japan who wrestled in All Japan Pro Wrestling. During the show McMahon said that Gilbert and Omori won some qualifying matches in their home promotions to be in the Royal Rumble or something like that and the Squat Team were newly hired but only appeared a couple of times before going back to ECW. They should have had 4 other people in that match to make up for them. They could have put Razor Ramon in the Rumble so he could get back at 1-2-3 Kid for screwing him over in his match. And instead of the Squats they could have put Skip & Zip, the Bodydonnas in the match and the same with Goldust. I know they all had previous matches but look at the 1999 Royal Rumble, they put almost everyone who had a previous match into the Royal Rumble match. So who's to say they couldn't have done that in 1996?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Just watching the 2005 Royal Rumble, and loving the beginning. Benoit, Eddie and Bob Holly beating the shit out of some tough enough kid. He may have been a wasted spot but it was brilliant.

·
Registered
386 Posts
It's not quite answering the question but a couple of years ago when RVD came back eliminated like 2 people and got thrown out and was never seen in the WWE again as far as I can tell, and it was never explained.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
That's the beauty of the Rumble though they can bring back anyone for a one off appearance, witn no explanation hence the SURPRISE in the rumble

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
I don't think there's anythign such as a wasted entry in the Rumble as well, it's supposed to be surprising and I loved Snuka and Piper surprise appearances in 2008.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.