Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Great One?..
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been gone from the forum for awhile and wasn't in town for a few months and didn't catch wrestling since the first week of August.

I just seen Daniel Bryan listed as the United States Champion on .com, under what circumstances did he return?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
He returned at Summer slam as the last member of John Cena's team vs Nexus, the spot was thought to be taken by the Miz, which then caused Miz vs Bryan for the US title, where Bryan won the US championship.

·
Premium Member
16,993 Posts
At Summerslam there was supposed the be a 7 on 7 elimination match between John Cena, Edge, Chris Jericho, John Morriosn, R-Truth, Bret Hart, and the Great Khali vs. The Nexus. The Raw before Summerslam, the Nexus attacked the Great Khali and he was out of the match at Summerslam.

The Miz offered to John Cena to fill in for the match, but was going to wait until Summerslam to let Cena know for sure if he'd join the team. At Summerslam, Miz said he was going to be on Team WWE, but when the Miz came out for the match, Cena interrupted Miz's entrance to let him know that he wasn't need. Cena said they already had a 7th member, which was a returning Daniel Bryan.

During the match, with the ref distracted, Miz hit Daniel Bryan with his Money in the Bank Briefcase, angry that his old NXT rookie had been picked over him. Bryan was then eliminated from the match, and the two began to feud on Raw leading up to a US Title match at Night of Champions. At NoC, Bryan was able to defeat Miz and won the United States title, which he has held ever since.

Since he's returned, and especially in the last couple of months, Daniel Bryan has usually had what many considered to be the best match of the night on whichever night he has a match that is given at least 5 minutes of time. He even beat Dolph Ziggler 3 times in a row in what were 3 really good matches.

·
Great One?..
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot guys but was his firing a work or was it another Matt Hardy comeback from 2005, where he was legit fired but rehired due to the fans?

And did any one of you guys see his return coming, like did wrestling sites call it or something?

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
I think it was a legit release but given the situation WWE probably felt it was unfair and re-hired him. The funny thing was that before the 7 vs 7 happen, WWE.com had put up Bryan's bio and an article saying that he had return. I was at the event and people were asking if he was suppose to return and some were sooo stoke to hearing he was coming back.

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
Alot of people thought that since he did the whole tie choking thing, they, being WWE, wanted to keep him off the roster for a little bit until things settled down.

And, yeah, it was probably helped with the constant "Daniel Bryan" chants. Hell, the last thing you heard during Fatal 4 Way was his name.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,249 Posts
Thanks a lot guys but was his firing a work or was it another Matt Hardy comeback from 2005, where he was legit fired but rehired due to the fans?

And did any one of you guys see his return coming, like did wrestling sites call it or something?
There was some discussion of it but it mostly came as a surprise. The only real indication that anyone had was that he canceled on a show he was supposed to wrestle in the night before Summerslam.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Bryan's firing was a blessing in disguise. If he had not got fired, probably we would have never seen Miz having his best match in his entire career, Ziggler/Bryan ***** matches, US Title gets re-established, MOTN week in week out, Cole's hilarious DB bashing, etc etc.

Reactions: Rated R™
1 - 9 of 9 Posts