Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That was the year edge , hbk , batista and y2j all left

Triple h and undertaker had become partimers

I Rememeber raws in early 2011 they sucked .

Then rock comes back and summer of punk both helped see somewhat . Then Lesnar comes back and Bryan gets popular

Did rock coming back and summer if punk save wwe in a way

I mean people like miz and r truth were main eventing for godsakes

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Financially, I have no clue, but things were looking pretty bleak in terms of quality. Cena had just dismantled Nexus, and Miz was WWE Champion...

I don't think The Rock coming back really helped much, he brought in the ratings and PPV buys while he was here, that much I'll admit, but they weren't getting anything else out of his appearances. If there's been a bit of revitalization, it's been through current talent that wants to be there every single day.

Daniel Bryan made Daniel Bryan, and CM Punk made CM Punk, The Rock has made nobody anybody since his return.

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
No. They've not been in any kind of trouble since WCW were killed off. They're the only big boys in town now.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
WWE could put on a main event of Khali v Heath Slater at WM and people would still buy it. WWE is too big to fail.
This.

Wrestlemania is going to get around 800k buys regardless of who is in the mainevent.

Summer of Punk was awful. They brought Rocky back in to generate all the money they lost when pushing Punk.
Feb 2011:Rock came back
July 2011:CM Punk pipebomb

So are you saying WWE predicted that Punk won't draw and brought Rock before itself?

·
Banned
859 Posts
Financially, Nope infact the year before in 2010 cena made them a MIND BLOWING $105 millions in just merch and that was 25% of their yearly income but after the nexus angle was over there was nothing intresting to watch.
rock vs cena and summer of punk made things watchable and intresting again.

Reactions: austin316 G.O.A.T

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
Summer of Punk was awful. They brought Rocky back in to generate all the money they lost when pushing Punk.
Okay, I'll bite... How did the Summer Of Punk cost the WWE $53m, and how exactly did The Rock manage to turn that around based on half a dozen promos and a half-arsed multi-man match?

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Here is a vintage post by the GOAT poster of Wrestling Forum,Rock316AE:D :

The Rock is carrying the industry on his back, this is unbelievable what he did in the last two years. Last year he saved Vince the year, from a dead WM with a dead product, he came back, moved EVERY aspect of business from gates to ratings to even house shows and he wasn't even there, he made wrestling cool for a few months. Drew 7 sold out RAWs in a row, the third biggest gate of all time with WM27, the second biggest overall buyrate in wrestling history with the worst WM card in history and made a dead show into the highest grossing pro wrestling event in history. Still 2011, sold out MSG in 30 minutes and drew a bigger SVS buyrate, not only from 2010 but also from 2009, all that with huge mainstream coverage on his return.

This year, comes back after WWE drove away all the fans he brought back in the coldest period in wrestling history, wrestling awareness and interest in at an all-time low, drew the biggest gate in wrestling history, sold out 5 RAW shows like it was nothing with the worst WWE roster of all time that even the WWE champion would be a jobber on Metal getting squashed by Shawn Stasiak a few years ago, broke first day ticket sales for WM28, the "People's WM", cut awesome promos every week, put on an amazing wrestling performance after almost 10 years in an iconic 30 minutes main event in one of the biggest matches in wrestling history and now sets all-time PPV record, breaks his own record from the year before and made WM28 the highest grossing pro wrestling event in the history of the business.

Every loyal wrestling fan should stand up and say thank you to the Greatest Of All Time for saving and taking the industry to new heights.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Why does Rock have to "bust his ass" in 2011? When he's done that over 15 years ago. These chumps Cena and Punk need to respect one of the all time greats in wrestling history.

·
Banned
586 Posts
Boots to asses is just a rock316ae wannabe. How did you know or find that post when you only joined this year?

Reactions: austin316 G.O.A.T
1 - 20 of 64 Posts