Votes: 63 39.9%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vince has done just about every role in the WWE. He is the owner...the main man. He has been a wrestler (or tried to be) a guest referee & and an actor...

My first knowledge of him was as a commentator I use to quite like him...

My question to you all is was Vince a good commentator?

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
He was an excellent commentator. The matches never felt the same after he left, not even with Jim Ross (who is better, of course). He was the definition of that era.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
He was above average. Nothing fancy but he did his job well. Kinda like when you have a heel and/or a goofy broadcaster and the other guy is there to act like Josh Matthews for Booker T & Cole on SmackDown. Josh Matthews is an Vince McMahon wannabe.

·
Banned
5,125 Posts
In the 70's, no one was better. Later on he sort of became a cartoon character, but that doesn't take away what he did before the Rock 'N Wrestling era took off, and later his 90's WWF persona.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
He was fantastic. Great intensity and promotional skills.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,070 Posts
Let me tell you, I would take Vince McMahon's commentary over Michael Cole any day. "What a Maneuver!" "Unbelievable!" "Oh yeah look at that!"

His enthusiasm brought excitement to the product especially his run in the early-mid 90s. No one, not even JR, has introduced Raw better than how Vince used to every Monday night.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Definitely one of the best commentators ever, hell better than Michael Cole.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I thought he was excellent and I actually miss him as a commentator even though he'll NEVER do it again. When was the last time he commentated on a match?

I was just thinking about him and Bischoff about how they use to be commentators who eventually became egomaniacs.

·
Premium Member
8,294 Posts
He was no Gordon Solie, Gorilla Monsoon or Jim Ross, but he was very serviceable.

10 times better than any current commentator.

I thought he was excellent and I actually miss him as a commentator even though he'll NEVER do it again. When was the last time he commentated on a match?

I was just thinking about him and Bischoff about how they use to be commentators who eventually became egomaniacs.
He returned to Raw for one night in 2009 along with The Body.

·
Fairy Hunter
1,783 Posts
He was an amazing commentator. I'd love it if he decided to commentate on a weekly basis again (he did a great job with Ventura on that one RAW in 2009), but sadly, it won't happen.

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
What? Vince was an awesome commentator. His enthusiastic and goofy phrases are the stuff of legends. Love listening to Vince pre Mr.McMahon calling matches.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Are we really judging Vince's capabilities regarding anything?

The guy can do it all, and yes, he was a great commentator, his voice is awesome, the way he changed his voice was epic, he provided emotion and excitement to the matches, and he actually called the matches, named the maneuvers and put over the talent. I mean, what more can you ask for a commentator to do.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.