Wrestling Forum banner

Was this a work?

988 Views 8 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  hardcore1982
The Hogan vs. Jeff Jarrett incident at Bash at the Beach 2000.

Here's the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTmhVhFlwVo
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
2,627 Posts
The simple answer is yes.

Russo, Bischoff and Hogan agreed to it beforehand. The plan was for Jeff to lay down for Hogan and then Hogan says something about WCW being a craphole and walking away. Russo was suppose to come out and say Hogan would be gone for good and declare a new title match. All of that happened, but the "shoot" part of it is that Russo went over the line in insulting Hogan and Hogan got legitimately pissed off and sued Russo for character defamation.

BTW Hogan was suppose to come back with the title and feud with the current title holder at the time and say he was the rightful champion.

· Registered
4,666 Posts
This still ranks as one of the all time stupidest ideas IMO. I don't see how Jarrett lying down for a 60 year old half plastic man is supposed to regain the prestige of the title. Meh.
In 2011, Hulk Hogan is 57 years old. This happened roughly ten years ago, so that would make Hulk hogan about 47.

Where you got 60 year old, i have no idea. Oh wait, yes I do.

You got it, because you're an idiot! Oh yeah..... meh.

· Registered
1,931 Posts
Hogan, Russo and Jarrett are all a joke now in part because of this...

· Registered
608 Posts
The simple answer is yes.

Russo, Bischoff and Hogan agreed to it beforehand. The plan was for Jeff to lay down for Hogan and then Hogan says something about WCW being a craphole and walking away. Russo was suppose to come out and say Hogan would be gone for good and declare a new title match. All of that happened, but the "shoot" part of it is that Russo went over the line in insulting Hogan and Hogan got legitimately pissed off and sued Russo for character defamation.

BTW Hogan was suppose to come back with the title and feud with the current title holder at the time and say he was the rightful champion.
Nothing to add to this post,it completely explains the situatiion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.