Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious .

No matter who has the Heavyweight title these days the majority of the iwc gives them loads of hate like Kane,Swagger,Orton ,Mysterio ,Cena etc

Has there ever been a champ where nearly all of the IWC was happy with as champ?
I'd have to say some one like Guerrero or Austin fits the bill.

At the time people probably made complaints about Eddie's size or something idiotic like that but I don't see how anyone could hate Austin as a champ in his best days.He has everything to impress an ever critical smark.

Your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Back in the day the IWC hated everything just like today. When Austin was on top and #1 there were a lot of people online whining about he only has 3 moves or that they just dont like that he wins all the time.

The IWC just hates whomever is on top.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there any wrestler even close to pleasing the Iwc as champ.

Fucking hell ,the iwc is never happy with anything ,it's a bunch of demanding ,depressing and idiotic people.:p

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brock is the exception to the rule of course as is Goldberg.Well Goldberg is the exception to not having ring and mic skills but still be awesome.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,906 Posts
Edge when he beat Cena after New Years Revolution. No one saw it coming and everyone was happy. Super Cena was dead and a new champion was crowned.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,317 Posts
Does the IWC ever agree to anything. Answer no. Someone is bound to hate something that other people love. It's part of human nature and our individuality. A lot of the IWC like CM Punk but i'm not a fan, and i'm sure a lot would hate my favorite wrestlers and do. So in answer to the OP's question. No, there will never really be a champion on here that everybody is happy with. Eventually someone will disagree.

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
There will always be people complaining.

Why?

Different tastes.

One person wants an interesting character. Another person wants in-ring quality. Another person wants everything.

However, the issue with "interesting" character is that often it's just taste. People were jizzing all over Edge between 2006 - 2008 and Edge was just as one dimensional and generic as Cena. Only he's on the opposite end of the spectrum as a villain.

For example, people really hated on Cena simply because they didn't like his character. Same with Batista. Fair enough.

However, when they attempted to state they weren't good enough wrestlers to hold the title or be in the main event in 2007, it was facepalm worthy, simply for the fact that they outclassed the rest of the roster in terms of consistency and in-ring performance during that time.

Then you'd have people jizzing over Edge being in the main event when he was just generic and one dimensional as Cena or Batista, only he was a villain. This is the same superstar whose whole schtick did not change from between 2006 - 2009 and was essentially the opposite extreme of Cena. Yet, people were happy with him.

When it comes to in-ring performance, again subjectivity comes into play. Not everyone in the WWE is as versatile as Eddie or Shawn Michaels. Even Edge has a very simple style and cannot work outside of it. Same with Jericho to a lesser extent (he's more versatile than any of the roster today) and most definitely CM Punk. Yet most IWC members will rate them highly. Why? Because they simply like their style of work.

Yet some posters who praise Jericho and Edge say Cena is crap in the ring. Well, there was a time when Cena was crap in the ring. But after 2007? No one can say that with a straight face. He's developed his style and is also a good performer. Lots of people enjoy his matches too because his style is basically all about spectacle and telling a simple story (but he tells it really well). Even Batista who people complain about is a very good wrestler, and has been since 2007, but he's limited to one style. Posters will try and say he's crap simply because they don't like the powerhouse/brawler style of his wrestling.

It's ridiculous really and it all comes down to preference and taste.

That's all it is. You can't please everyone because most people like one certain style.

Me? I like the variety.

WWE would become very boring if everyone wrestled a similar style. I already feel like I'm watching the same match over and over again sometimes. I don't want to see people wrestling the same bloody styles aswell.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
When Jericho was still pretty fresh off his heel turn (the one when he attacked HBK) and won the championship in the scramble, I remember it being close to fully supported.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
no, that's actually incorrect. many people were unhappy when CM Punk was champ, because he was booked horribly.

people always have different tastes. i don't know why everyone considers this just an IWC thing. its like a band, its like a movie, a wrestler works the same way anything else does. some people love them, some people hate them, and then there are those in between. its not "oh, just the IWC doing its thing," its peoples opinions being different, thats kinda how fucking life works everywhere.

champions like Edge, Jericho, Austin, Rock, guys like these got less hate during their reign. i'd throw Punk in there too, but like i said, i think many people were unhappy with how terribly booked he was, even though him being champion was nice.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts