Rosey
Jamal/Umaga
Christopher Nowinski
Rico
Jamie Noble
Victoria
Dawn Marie
Nidia

Even the shtloads of WCW/ECW leftovers, sans Booker T/DDP/RVD, they got in 2001 had nothing on this class.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I was thinking this exact thing earlier.

Not to mention the returns of Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, Hulk Hogan & Scott Hall and the debut of Eric Bischoff also happened in this year.

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
5 of the biggest names in professional wrestling history and one of the best tag teams of the past decade - Yes, this was the most star-studded newcomers class ever. Add on top of that the returns of Hogan, Nash, Hall, Shawn Michaels and Eddie Guerrero, as well as the WWE debut of Eric Bischoff, it was certainly a busy year.

·
Asuka
96,571 Posts
Because of the first 5 guys on the list, yes, probably. Why list all the guys after that, though? With the exception of Shelton Benjamin and Umaga, not one of those names after Rey Mysterio made ANY mark on the WWE and even their contributions were relatively minimal. It's not making the list any stronger.

·
I know, it's been a while.
3,272 Posts
Triple h Came back that year as well, to the biggest pop I have ever heard.
Such a great year.

We really need a year where some guys come through and get a slow and steady push to main event status, just like Orton and Cena, not someone who comes up gets thrown straight to the main event then dissapears.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Brock Lesnar
John Cena
Batista
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Shelton Benjamin
Charlie Haas
Rosey
Jamal/Umaga
Christopher Nowinski
Rico
Jamie Noble
Victoria
Dawn Marie
Nidia

Even the shtloads of WCW/ECW leftovers, sans Booker T/DDP/RVD, they got in 2001 had nothing on this class.
Everyone in bold never went any higher than mid card lol.

Victoria was probably the most credible womens champion around that time imo but no one really got into her even as a heel.
And don't get me or half the forum started on Sheltons use. :frustrate

·
Banned
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Because of the first 5 guys on the list, yes, probably. Why list all the guys after that, though? With the exception of Shelton Benjamin and Umaga, not one of those names after Rey Mysterio made ANY mark on the WWE and even their contributions were relatively minimal. It's not making the list any stronger.
Rico didn't make an impact? Dude was involved in an angle which received publicity and viewership Punk and Bryan could only dream of.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.