Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ask this because HHH was the top heel in 2003 but the 2 months Rock was on Raw and was heel it seemed like Raw was around Rock and not HHH. I mean the show. Was surrounded by The Rock and Austin feud as well as the Goldberg feud and HHH was like at the sidelines even though he had the title and the top heel. Why would Vince do this and wouldn't you think that HHH would have so much backstage power to say no I don't want Rock in the main event or was it really Rock had more baxkstage power than HHH? What's your opinion?

·
#HAIRBEAR #TEAMPALE
5,256 Posts
I think the Rock was too loved, even when he was GOAT'ing it up as Hollywood Rock

He was getting heat for a bit but eventually cheered just cause he was too good

HHH is the best heel of all time for my money

·
Premium Member
19,296 Posts
I'd give Angle a mention too, actually. Leading Team Angle in a damn good feud with Lesnar on Smackdown.

Between he and H, simply because Rock was there for a short time. Although, Rock's 2 or 3 months in 2003 were so fucking good.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Rock's heel work was on another level IMO.

It was so great, I dunno how to explain it but he certainly played the smartass role so so well and he garnered so much heat.

Yes, he was universally loved but the fact he had people booing him so regularly was great.

I thought it was an awesome run.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Yes that's what I'm saying. HHH didn't to me seem like the top heel when Rock was there
It was the same situation in 99. Rock was the top heel when Triple H turned at WrestleMania XV. They were in the Corporation together for a very short time. And then when Rock turned face, Undertaker was the top heel.

The facts are Triple H was never the top heel until the other guys were either injured (Taker), or face (Rock). The GOAT heel which people like to call him apparently couldn't compete.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts