Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,248 Posts
Jesse the Body Ventura and Adrian Adonis - The East West Connection were an oddball pairing that was very successful in the early eighties.

Edit to add that Professor Toru Tanaka and Gorilla Monsoon had a team in the late sixties.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I didn't remember Goldust being heel, I know it was Booker post NWO so he was a tweener
Yeah. If I remember correctly Goldust's first feud was against RVD. I remember they fought at No Way Out and then Goldust fought Maven at Wrestlemania 18. He came back by attacking RVD (correct me if wrong) but then eventually turned face somewhere in the middle of the year. Of course, Booker had the NWO thing going on, and I don't think they officially turned face, but that they sort of just got over because of their vignettes and what not.

·
Registered
22,380 Posts
Yeah. If I remember correctly Goldust's first feud was against RVD. I remember they fought at No Way Out and then Goldust fought Maven at Wrestlemania 18. He came back by attacking RVD (correct me if wrong) but then eventually turned face somewhere in the middle of the year. Of course, Booker had the NWO thing going on, and I don't think they officially turned face, but that they sort of just got over because of their vignettes and what not.
Between Kane & RVD/Hurricane and Booker T and Goldust Raw was full of funny but credible tag teams. Plus stuttering Goldust was great

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Between Kane & RVD/Hurricane and Booker T and Goldust Raw was full of funny but credible tag teams. Plus stuttering Goldust was great
Dude, that's the beauty of tag team wrestling in the RA era as pertains to this thread. The Attitude Era had actual teams but RA gave us plenty of fresh makeshift tag teams. I remember fondly one of my most favorite tag matches of all time is Edge and Mysterio vs. Benoit and Angle (No Mercy 2002). What a lineup! There was also something cool about seeing Cena and HBK as tag team champs with all the tension in the air. It was like a flashback to the HBK/Austin days :trips5 Also, seeing Rey and Batista win the tag titles made me mark out like a little bitch, or how about Edge and Benoit? RA gave us some great tag teams!

Kane and Big Show are kings of the oddball tag teams so to take a note from New Day and bring on the power of positivity, I give them credit where credit is due, because they get shat on a lot around here (sometimes with good reason). Comedy Kane was great!

·
Registered
22,380 Posts
Dude, that's the beauty of tag team wrestling in the RA era as pertains to this thread. The Attitude Era had actual teams but RA gave us plenty of fresh makeshift tag teams. I remember fondly one of my most favorite tag matches of all time is Edge and Mysterio vs. Benoit and Angle (No Mercy 2002). What a lineup! There was also something cool about seeing Cena and HBK as tag team champs with all the tension in the air. It was like a flashback to the HBK/Austin days :trips5 Also, seeing Rey and Batista win the tag titles made me mark out like a little bitch, or how about Edge and Benoit? RA gave us some great tag teams!

Kane and Big Show are kings of the oddball tag teams so to take a note from New Day and bring on the power of positivity, I give them credit where credit is due, because they get shat on a lot around here (sometimes with good reason). Comedy Kane was great!
Edge and Benoit was great because Edge would barely show up for matches. He just sulked the entire time about how he should be a main eventer lol

21 - 29 of 29 Posts