Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
yes, the new generation was very PG..more so than even now. they didn't even have the lame jokes back then. the look on mean gene's face when someone would say BUTT was priceless. a lot of people seem to shit on that era as well and i really dont know why. yes, the attitude era was great and fun...but lets be honest..what was it? it was tits, swearing and blood. thats it. story lines, match quality sucked. it's funny because i remember how a lot of people used to complain about the attitude era because "all they do is talk"....and everyone touts the attitude era as the best ever. in a "boom for the business" aspect, yes it is. but i honestly think from say, 89-96 was a better period for wrestling overall. the thing about the attitude era that people need to remember is that it was basically 5 or 6 guys/factions. dx, rock, austin, mankind, undertaker, the divas showing their tits and shit. people say how great the mid card was...and it could have been however they were all thrown together in factions etc...no one separated themselves really. and if they did start to break out a little bit, it was still overpowered by the top tier guys at the time....and it wasnt even close. yes, there was a lot of talent, but it wasn't used any better than all the talented mid carders that everyone raves about now.
basically, vince said, ok, wcw is going to use my guys (nash, hall etc) to throw wcw's guys into production trucks and cause all kinds of carnage and mayhem...well, we'll start swearing and i'll let everyone kick my ass. which is basically exactly what happened.

...ok, this ended up being more about the attitude era than anything else...but yeah, that time period that the op talked about was def pg and it was even more so than now.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
You weren't born in the mid-90s? How old are you, son?

Anyway, yes, the New Generation was family-friendly. I loved the mid-90s, because you had Shawn, Bret, Diesel, Razor, 'Taker, Owen, Bulldog, Goldust, Jarrett, Kid, Hakushi (1995), etc., etc. Great roster.
he was fucking awesome!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts