Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
There have been various Morrison chants...although admittedly, 'lets go Morrison' or just 'Morrison' is actually a pretty hard name to chant. They should start calling him Jomo...'Let's go Jomo' has a nice ring to it.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not the first time, but definately the first time since he moved to Raw. Not really the crowd's fault. 2010 will probably go down as the worst year in Morrison's career.
At least it seems like he is ending it on a high note

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
At least it seems like he is ending it on a high note
December has been a good month for him, but in comparison to previous years, and what to expect next year, 2010 was a flop.

2005 - WWE Tag Team Championship
2006 - Intercontinental Championship
2007 - ECW Championship, WWE Tag Team Championship
2008 - World Tag Team Championship
2009 - Intercontinental Championship
2010 - nothing
2011 - WWE Championship (assuming)

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
December has been a good month for him, but in comparison to previous years, and what to expect next year, 2010 was a flop.

2005 - WWE Tag Team Championship
2006 - Intercontinental Championship
2007 - ECW Championship, WWE Tag Team Championship
2008 - World Tag Team Championship
2009 - Intercontinental Championship
2010 - nothing
2011 - WWE Championship (assuming)
Yeh 2010 has been pretty bad for him, for the most part. He doesn't do anything on Smackdown, tags with R-Truth *shudders*, get's moved to RAW, jobs to everyone in sight, get's an ankle injury, comes back, jobs some more and suddenly wins a match with Jericho therefore starting what seems like a main event push. Three months out of this year have been great for him though and he's somehow in a better position now than this time last year...where he was being jobbed out to Drew McIntyre.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Admittedly I only started watching RAW again for about 4 or so months now, so for me he had a great year ;)

Agreed that the crowd has been behind him - but they always seem to struggle coming up with a chant for him.

Seems like everybody finally settled on the "Mor-ris-son" chant (there was awhile there in the past you could hear a small and awful "Let's go Morrison" chant - that does Not roll of the tongue).

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
He's a brilliant wrestler to mark for when he's actually in the ring. It's when he's out of it that you facepalm.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe he should become the strong, silent type - or return to the incoherent babble that was the "palace of wisdom" schtick - I loved that phase (although, I suspect not a Champion character and the E does not want to portray anybody as a constantly high superstar)

It is defenitely when he tries to be funny that he falls down - serious stuff is not so bad. Well except for that Orton segment last night. But then again, who was Orton talking to in the distance - he seems totally LATE in that segment.

Late... y'know? tardy

·
Registered
213 Posts
Maybe he should become the strong, silent type - or return to the incoherent babble that was the "palace of wisdom" schtick - I loved that phase (although, I suspect not a Champion character and the E does not want to portray anybody as a constantly high superstar)
This, I want hear "There are no Alex Rileys in the palace of wisdom" in his super srs voice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts