Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
2,117 Posts
They tried to turn him him, but it didn’t last for long.

I’m pretty sure he started as a heel as part of the Blade Runners. He was also a heel when he was part of Hot Stuff International in the UWF (with Eddie Gilbert, Missy Hyatt and Rick Steiner). Chris Adams helped convince Sting to break away from the group.

· Registered
9,175 Posts
The ironic thing was that he turned heel and joined forces with Luger (also a heel) to attack babyface Hulk Hogan in 1999, which was a mirror image of the past. Two years earlier Sting and Luger were the top babyfaces and were at war with arch heel Hulk Hogan.

There were storytelling options available, such as neither man forgiving Hogan for his almost innumerable terrible deeds as leader of the nWo and not trusting his “change”. I could easily see one of them telling Hogan “it takes more than new theme music and a shave to change…brother”. Such an option would have made all three tweeters and created some intrigue as to whether Hogan actually had changed. Or broadened the arch of Luger and Sting, where they had become so hardened in their hatred of Hogan that they had become the very thing that the despised.

But no, WCW just pretended that nothing in the past three years had happened.

· Registered
5,493 Posts
I think Sting should have joined the original nWo, instead of doing that fake Sting stuff. That would have been pretty neat to see.
No Sting was the perfect face to fight Hogan and the NWO. He was WCW through and through never should have joined Wolfpac either. Could have had Mysterio or Booker T join the Wolfpac instead.

· Registered
10,511 Posts
The Blade Runners were heels, and he went by the name Sting. So yes.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts