Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was listening to Rybacks channel in which he mentioned that WWE shouldve utilized the wild pops Rusev was getting and shouldve given him a push as a face. Funny that Vince says that he likes to give the audience what they want, I believe he was right in Daniel Bryan's case. Well maybe crowd reactions arent everything and they vary from city to city. I'm not sure what year it was when he entered the Rumble but the crowd went nuts. Do you think it wouldve been a good idea to push him for a World title?

·
Premium Member
16,743 Posts
Confused on the thread title and your opening post. Rusev or Ryback?

I feel Rusev got as much push as he deserves for what he brings to the table. WWE should have absolutely jumped on the 'Rusev Day' bandwagon sooner. From what I've seen WWE only has two modes: All in or Nothing. They chose nothing for too long during the 'Rusev Day' peak. They gave him the backing too late.

If Ryback being a dick backstage is true, he got as much a push as he deserved for what he brought to the table. I think his heel run with Heyman was his absolute best work, that I recall vividly. But, I wouldn't want someone with the rumored mentality and personality main eventing or with a title.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Confused on the thread title and your opening post. Rusev or Ryback?

I feel Rusev got as much push as he deserves for what he brings to the table. WWE should have absolutely jumped on the 'Rusev Day' bandwagon sooner. From what I've seen WWE only has two modes: All in or Nothing. They chose nothing for too long during the 'Rusev Day' peak. They gave him the backing too late.

If Ryback being a dick backstage is true, he got as much a push as he deserved for what he brought to the table. I think his heel run with Heyman was his absolute best work, that I recall vividly. But, I wouldn't want someone with the rumored mentality and personality main eventing or with a title.
I was only mentioning Rybacks comments about Rusev on his youtube channel.

·
Registered
752 Posts
  • No, not everyone is a Main Event guy and that’s ok. I do think Rusev and Ryback are Upper Mid Card guys. You need upper mid carders. Not everyone you like needs to be a World Title holder. I am a Miz fan, I’m perfectly happy where he is. IC/Tag Team champion. He gets his mic and match time every week. He belongs where he is and that ok.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
I think he deserved more. It's a joke that he had to job out multiple times to a guy like Lashley who hasn't had a decent reaction since 2007. Not everyone can be World Champion and I don't necessarily believe Rusev is that level, but if he's over, why not give him a shot?

·
Registered
11,410 Posts
You can't base everything on crowd reactions. Look at reactions santino got at 2011 rumble and 12 chamber..should he have got world title run?

What about Damien Sandow. His Miz body double act got insanely positive reactions from live audience.

What about Otis now. Dude has thousands of fans every Friday chanting his name mid match. World champion material?

·
The Babyface of WF
10,970 Posts
Nothing he does speaks volumes about him being a Top guy, Upper Midcard maybe if this was Rusev circa 2014-15 with Russian accent speaking Lana back then he was booked to be a force to reckon with now he's lost in the shuffle.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I think it says something about how fundamentally broken WWE is that people in this thread are automatically equating "A Push" with "World Champion". Yes, he definitely should have been given more of a push then he got, but I'd have to really see him in that role in that timeline to say whether or not he deserved to be champion.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
He deserved better than the terrible Lashley and Lana feud. They could have made the feud better. Not have used Liv Morgan, have used Summer Rae instead and have Rusev got in more moments where he was on top, even if he didn't win the feud.

I feel like he really tried too with everything they handed him but just like Roode and Ec3, they don't use him to his full potential. They don't care about him. They'd rather push Corbin. Seems like HHH & Vince have their favorites and going to stick with them and there are certain people like Cesaro, Ryder, Rusev that they've already given up on and it would take a huge movement like what happened with Daniel Bryan to ever get them to the top.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
You can't base everything on crowd reactions. Look at reactions santino got at 2011 rumble and 12 chamber..should he have got world title run?

What about Damien Sandow. His Miz body double act got insanely positive reactions from live audience.

What about Otis now. Dude has thousands of fans every Friday chanting his name mid match. World champion material?
Rusev is more legit than all those guys you mentioned. He's been booked as more of a threat through his career.

·
Angry at refs
2,838 Posts
For a push as a main threat/midcard title run? Yes. A main event title run? Maybe, it can be argued.

They definitely could've capitalised on his Rusev Day run instead of intentionally burying it.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Solid mid-card guy? 100% yes

Main event guy? Occasional trips into here but overall no....

Relegated to spending his career hanging out in catering when not being victim of dumb angles? 100% no.

Rusev has everything it takes to be a very solid mid-card to upper-mid-card guy.

·
Banned
80 Posts
I personally was never a huge fan, he as a heel was a classic evil foreign heel, and as a face he was lower mid card at best. Plus him wrestling without shoes was always weird to me.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts