• no

Votes: 14 19.4%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
simple yes or no question. what do u think? and please explain

i know a lot of people are torn on this but imo, i think Roode winning was the best decision, and the way he won it was fantastic. it makes u feel for Storm losing in a terrible way, but its also great irony, Storm always says "sorry bout your damn luck!" but he had the worst luck in that much which i think could build this fued. i know they built Storm up big and it was expected that he would win, but you have to think long term booking. if Storm wins, who does he fued with? Angle is hurt, hes fueded with Ray a few times already so that would be nothing new, after that who is left? Crimson? no thanks. i guess they could turn some1 heel, but theyd have to be built as a heel b4 they could challenge for the title.

if i were booking, id have Storm win at either Slammy or BFG and hold the title til next years lockdown to lose it to a heel AJ Styles.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I think TNA would've been fine with either decision.

Storyline wise - Storm should've probably won, this seemed to be the big blow off match of the fued, Storm wants revenge, its in his hometown, etc..

BUT- Roode's reign hasn't been all that long as of late and he should probably still hold the belt a while longer to cement himself. Also, TNA definately holds Roode in higher regard for future storylines.

·
Registered
12,543 Posts
absolutely i mean why the hell would they give us what would have been so predictable. People do not give this company enough credit for the curve balls they do.

I mean anyone could easily say either one could have won.They did want u to think Storm was going to win. It was such a perfect ending. Storm Super kicking him out of the cage for Roode to win.

Cus the match was still so dirty and Heel ish.So it was a nice twist to have Roode win not from his dirty moves but Sorms Actions. Get ready for some interesting storys frm this. Hopefully Storm does not win at BFG,Cus thats to predictable.

I would have been happy either way,But Roode need a long run with it. Just makes it better and better. He has so much more to offer. Selfish Generation and It Factor works for him.

Now lets see AJ fucking Gain a character and he would be amazing.Instead of jsut having great names look and ring work. Then we could have Aries and AJ be in the main event as well.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
To early to tell. Depends how it's followed up on. If we get a great payoff, then good decision. If not and say Hardy wins the belt off Roode later, poor decision. However having this take place after the BFG debacle will test the paying customers.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
asm much as I wanted to see Storm win in his hometown this does make sense long term booking. My only fear is they'll fuck it up

·
Registered
12,543 Posts
also looks like Roode is doing some sort of injury angle.

(per request of Bobby before being taken to hospital). Hey James... Sorry about your damn luck. http://pic.twitter.com/RPtK2vgq
Wait whats the injury thing, I dont remember seeing him playing up anything of that sort ? Or you mean cus he was laying passed out on the ground ? Ya if thats the case that could be interesting. Who knows whats going to happen thursday but im excited ha.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Absolutely. In the Lockdown thread I have given my opinion why, Roode keeping the Title longer is a very good decision.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Worked either way and thats been the beauty of this feud. We have two TNA originals in the main event here. Both solid workers. I'm honestly looking forward to seeing exactly where it goes from here.
It was unpredictable and at the end of the day its on a deserving champion with a lot of ways feuds can be built upon.

·
Fire, walk with me
8,000 Posts
I think it's too early to say. If Storm loses all the momentum he had after this loss then no, but if they continue to do a good job building up Roode and creating a better moment for Storm to win the belt than at Lockdown, then sure Roode retaining was fine.

Regardless, after rewatching the match, the finish itself has grown on me. The fact they built up the Last Call so well as a legit match ender and the fact it did end the match, just not in the way Storm intended, was great.

·
Premium Member
44,439 Posts
It depends on what they do with it.

If the plan is to keep the belt on Roode and get him to Bound for Glory as champion and lose it to a worthy challenger, then yes, it was the right decision.

If they just turn around and have Roode drop the belt on Impact with no build up, then TNA fucked up.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,418 Posts
Wait and see, some babyface that is a bigger "draw" like RVD or Jeff Hardy will take the belt off of Roode or else Storm will beat Roode in some shitty 6 minute match on a taped Impact in the Impact Zone.

Either way blows.

Lockdown, Hometown, with family in attendance and half a year of build, there was never a better time for a babyface to go over a heel. Every thing else is going to feel cheap.

Anybody who thinks Storm is going over Roode at Slammiversary or Bound for Glory in October is a lunatic.

This is one ball that was totally dropped.

·
Registered
813 Posts
It is just like Ric Flair.
The face wins the title, then what?
Maybe him and Storm can pass the title just not in the first match.
He should hold the belt tell people cry, wanting him to get beat.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Looks like people are liking this decision after the backlash cooled off and all the non-tna fans left this part of the forum. :lol so many people were upset right after Lockdown. I like this decision but right when it happened i was like :eek: then i was like :no: poor storm...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts