Wrestling Forum banner

Was Kurt Angle's promo a shoot or scripted?

• Shoot

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Scripted

Votes: 19 57.6%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just finished watching iMPACT! from this past Thursday. I have to say Kurt Angle's promo at the very start of the show was one of the best promo's I've seen cut this year. He broke into tears, and I have to say, that with how personal this 'storyline' is to Kurt, do you think he was 'shooting' during his promo and saying what he truely felt? Or do you believe it was scripted.

Here is the promo if you wana watch it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnDaZu_dqsk

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Scripted shoot. Real emotions.

·
Banned
417 Posts
I never liked Kurt Angle in WWE. I mark for him now. That shoot was top notch.
Naw...TNA Angle is boring. Angle is best when he is funny and entertaining. Angle and Austin singing to Mr. McMahon and wearing funny cowboy hats was entertaining. Sports entertainment is filled with "serious" characters - there is no reason for Angle to be yet another. There is nothing funny or unique about that.

THIS was good Kurt Angle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9YVjpVV8Es

·
Registered
21,660 Posts
I'd say it was neither, he was just given artistic freedom to talk about the topic at hand.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Naw...TNA Angle is boring. Angle is best when he is funny and entertaining. Angle and Austin singing to Mr. McMahon and wearing funny cowboy hats was entertaining. Sports entertainment is filled with "serious" characters - there is no reason for Angle to be yet another. There is nothing funny or unique about that.
Yeah, I have to agree with this. This week was cool, and for this angle, he should be serious... but in general, he is just another 'tough guy' now. He was really funny, and had something special before w/ the goofy character. Too bad I think he a. doesn't want to do it anymore and b. TNA doesn't have any writers funny enough to help him come up with material.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Scripted shoot. Bischoff mentioned how he wants fueds to bemore realistic and have a more shoot feel about them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
:lmao

This promo was such crap. "I was an INCREDIBLE husband!!! Well, except for that one time I cheated on my wife, but I'm a GREAT father...well, ignoring that 'Meet the Angle' web thing where I totally ignore my kids to text for something...but I was great!!!!"

Anyway, it was a scripted promo. Great delivery from Kurt Angle, and it may have some legit feelings behind it, but obviously not a shoot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts