Wrestling Forum banner

Was just watchin Extreme Rules 14'..Man was Wyatt and Barrett HELLA Over.

858 Views 12 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Drago
The fact these 2 being heels and getting Chants and Ovations on par with bryan this night is unbelievable compared to today.

My how the mighty have fallen.IVE NEVER HEARD CROWD SO HOT FOR Barett .

Wyatt had crowd singing nursery rhymes for months.
The fact these 2 being heels and getting Chants and Ovations on par with bryan this night is unbelievable compared to today.

My how the mighty have fallen.IVE NEVER HEARD CROWD SO HOT FOR Barett .

Wyatt had crowd singing nursery rhymes for months.
See more
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Banned
1,591 Posts
Re: Was just watchin Extreme Rules 14'..Man was Wyatt and Barett HELLA Over.

My usual shtick is to tell you you're all wrong, but my memory serves me in that you are correct. The most rabid crowd I had ever seen on WWE television or PPV was 1997 Canadian Stampede main event. There were two points where the building literally began to shake.

· Premium Member
61,281 Posts

I do agree that it is pretty nuts that guys like that were actually decently over at one point in time. I mean, hell, even the Nexus was actually over at one point. :lmao

Amazing how far some of these guys have fallen thanks to their booking. Crazy if you really think about it.

· Banned
6,471 Posts

The bad news gimmick was awesome. Too bad it was getting him over and in modern day WWE that's a no no. I miss when Bray Wyatt was red hot, good god, the dude got consistently great reactions. Then after Cena that got sliced in half...then after Undertaker people were struggling to give a shit...then after Undertaker II he came out to crickets. I'm really glad the ECW guys were able to put the Wyatts over in such awesome matches, hopefully that revitalizes them.

· Registered
1,451 Posts

Not just that night they were over during the build up to that PPV. It was the one time in recent memory that the show from top to bottom was interesting with Bryan as champ, Shield/Evolution feud, the tournament to get a IC match at ER that BB won, Cesaro joining Heyman leading to a feud with RVD and Swagger, and of course Wyatt vs Cena with the little kids wearing the masks

· Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I do agree that it is pretty nuts that guys like that were actually decently over at one point in time. I mean, hell, even the Nexus was actually over at one point. :lmao

Amazing how far some of these guys have fallen thanks to their booking. Crazy if you really think about it.
When Barett hit bull hammer on big e THE CROWD erupted.You would thought rock was out there.Lol

· Banned
14,756 Posts

Barrett with the Bad News character was over as fuck. Like one of the most over guys on the roster. He was funny and entertaining, too. Shame that they turned it into a parody and then stripped him of it all together. It made for a funny midcard heel/tweener type.

· Registered
5,520 Posts

Since i started watching the Attitude Era i realized Wyatt's booking has been really bad. There's no need of him losing clean, there are ways to protect a heel/stable. He's recovering right now though and i enjoyed his latest matches, and i hope they keep booking him well.

· Banned
5,811 Posts

This was during that phase were it appeared like things were changing for the better and the crowd reactions were really hot for a while following that Mania.

Then DB got injured, Wyatt came out of Cena feud looking terrible, guys like Barrett and Cesaro were back to jobbing every night again.

I remember the Rollins/Ambrose feud carrying the show for a while after when everything else was back to shit again.

· Premium Member
5,653 Posts

I hate being reminded about how awesome BNB was in 2014 :vince7

From the night he returned after WM all the way until his injury, he was one of the most over characters on the roster, and not just with smark crowds. Not only that, but he was actually being booked like a legitimate threat.

The way WWE screwed him up upon his return by taking away everything that made him awesome still pisses me off.

· The Last Dragon
15,299 Posts
OP thanks for reminding me that FUCKING AWFUL MATCH from ER 2014 between Bray and Cena. :lana3

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.