Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off his match at Wrestlemania 28 was great, thoroughly enjoyed it but lets be honest here Jericho return was lackluster as they come. His Heel run from 2008 - 2010 was great and definietly one of my favourite wrestlers I mean from 07 - 10 he was No.1 on my favourite wrestlers in the WWE. Even now hes still my favourite but I just cant help but think this return shouldnt of happened.

First off WWE hyped up these promos of a force coming instead Jericho came around and pranced around the ring trolling the fans. Couldnt he just of come in and cut a sinister heel promo?. Then he enters a storyline with Punk which turns into an ok feud I guess but it was a very good match at WM. And Jericho ends up losing.

We then start getting this whole drunken storyline sh*t so no more shoot promos between the two just some sh*t kayfabe storyline about Punk drinking. These two dont need a scripted storyline, let the two f*ckers go at it and shoot between them all they like. Jericho definietly should of exited how he said he wanted to. That kick by Orton to Jericho was a way Jericho said he would like to go out and in my opinion he should of stayed out.

Jericho return has been lackluster as they come, opinions?

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
LOL I like how an actual KAYFABE storyline is now just shit. Its actually been on the best written totally KAYFABE storylines in awhile by the WWE.

I actually have liked Jericho's return and fued with Punk. The only part I think that was kind of screwed up was the Royal Rumble thing and how he got the title match at WM which hot hotshot, last minute changes written all over it.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Jericho's return ain't been too hot cuz the *****'s got no momentum, b. First he comes, promisin that the Royal Rumble was gonn be the end of the world. Then he lost. After that, he's talkin all that good shit bout the Elimination Chamber. Then he lost. And then Wrestlemania... The gawd aint gotta say nothin bout how that went, b. Jericho's prolly gonn lose at Extreme Rules too. This is how they gonn make Punk look good? By lettin him smack around a ***** that aint been able to live up to any of his promises yet? I mean, Punk already beat him n put him in the ER wit a kick to the head. What else is there that Punk can do? Kill him?

As for the feud, eh, I dug it at first, but now it's losin my interest, nahmean? Shit's jus gettin repetitive. Jericho runs in, knocks Punk down, pours alcohol on him, the end. THe title's a complete afterthought too, which aint exactly doin wonders for it's prestige.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
No, I am loving the feud right now. I hope it carries on for a few more months. I like that it went from "who's the best" to a more personal story.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
No because jericho is main event jobber he takes to many losses>?! i mean the guy just keeps losing at ppv's since his return as mentioned above? Say what you want but punk beating hhh or taken would be far more credible because they win the majoirty of the time and are protective over their character! jericho spent two years jobbing to bourne and morrison in the hope of making them a star!?!

·
Registered
639 Posts
I agree with you OP, I think it's the cast of the Muppets writing the scripts these days, either that or creative needs to be well, dare I say it......creative!
A drunken abuse storyline.....huh shocking, must be desperate housewives writers then?...zzzzzzzzzzz

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
I honestly think they gave his return too much hype. I like Jericho and all but those It Begins promos were just screaming of something legitimately huge. Then out comes Chris Jericho and it's just...that's it? They were too big for him in a way. After that, he trolled everybody which did him no favors at all and then had no momentum to work with. The Punk feud has been hit or miss for me but it's still one of the only things worth watching on the show at this stage. It's been an alright run but given the way it was hyped at the beginning, it was almost doomed to fail if that makes sense. You can't hype up something as the end of the world and then...you know...not attempt to end the world in any fashion at all.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
His return was hyped too much for what it was worth. However, I like Jericho so I still enjoyed it and his subsequent ongoing feud with Punk.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I've enjoyed Jericho's return for what it is, but even Jericho has to be displeased with how it's gone. He's lost every major match he's had since returning and with Lesnar returning and other big things happening like Cena vs. Rock, the guy's got a little lost in the shuffle.

The It Begins promos didn't help either as that created far too much hype, as did his original "saying nothing" promos that ultimately lead to nothing. The whole thing has come off somewhat aborted, but I feel they've saved it a little with the CM Drunk take on things.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
The stuff Jericho is doing now is better than anything he's done since '03 so of course it was a good idea for him to come back.

·
Banned
7,681 Posts
Nah. I haven't enjoyed his return. I'm a fan of the guy and all.

But he's been booked as shit. Never believable to beat Punk going into Mania and still isn't believable going into ER.

He's basically done nothing. Hasn't won any important matches or done really anything important.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
No, I'm glad he's back. I just wish he would wrestle on Raw more often.

·
I Mark for Big E. Langston.
2,020 Posts
Jericho fucking rules, so no.

His feud with Punk has been pretty good. Hopefully they put on a great match again.

·
Premium Member
44,324 Posts
Here's my question to answer that question.

Who the hell would Punk have as a PPV opponent if he didn't? Cena's tied up and he's faced him twice on PPV already anyway. Del Rio? No thank you. Miz? He's kind of damaged goods at this point. Mark Henry? Boring. Randy Orton? They could do it, but he's a face so you aren't going to get much out of it. Big Show? Boring. Cody Rhodes? Not quite there at the top yet and quite frankly, there's not much for him to work with to elevate him. Ziggler? Same thing. Swagger? Ha ha, NO!

Heck I can't think of an opponent for Punk that would have made a good Mania opponent other than Jericho. Rock & Cena were tied up. Triple H probably would have been the best selection, but he was tied up with Taker.

So yeah, Thank God for Jericho coming back.

·
Registered
458 Posts
[email protected] guy saying ***** about jericho. This is a forum not the streets.

Second jericho has been weak since his return. One of my favorites too. But his match at mania was weak not great. Time for him to pack it up

·
Haters gonna hate
118 Posts
I'm glad he's back, loving his fued with Punk so far, I just wished he would get back to calling us all gelatinous tapeworms again, that shit used to crack me up.

·
Registered
128 Posts
While Chris Jericho is my favorite wrestler of all time, his return so far for me has been a dud. Weeks of build
up to his return, comes out, doesn't say anything for about 3 weeks, promises to win the Royal Rumble, doesn't
win, doesn't win at the Elimination Chamber, doesn't win at Mania, and now probably gonna lose at Extreme Rules.
When he and Punk started fueding I was so excited, two of my favorites feuding for the top prize in the company, but in all honesty the feud has been really boring for me, it's always the same thing:
Punk will be having a match or just finished a match, Jericho will ambush him, beat him up and pour beer all over him, or cut a promo on him about alcoholism, that's it. I don't even recall one time in this feud where winning the championship was at the forefront, it's been more about a shitty storyline that doesn't even feel like a WWE championship feud, it feels more like two midcarders that have a grudge against each other.
I know I'm ranting a bit, but I was so excited for this feud, and now I want nothing more than to see it end as fast as possible.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts