Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me out............

The modified styles AJ done on Stevie on impact this week, was that a wrestling move gone wrong or was it supposed to go like that taking stevie out. I know AJ said he was going to cripple him. ................. are reporting it is an injury angle, some sites are saying he was not injured and it was kayfabe and some are saying it was a botch.

Your thoughts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Can someone help me out............

The modified styles AJ done on Stevie on impact this week, was that a wrestling move gone wrong or was it supposed to go like that taking stevie out. I know AJ said he was going to cripple him. ................. are reporting it is an injury angle, some sites are saying he was not injured and it was kayfabe and some are saying it was a botch.

Your thoughts
I think it's an angle, but considering Stevie has had neck problems before, he still might've gotten hurt bad.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it is all part of a storyline. ................. and observer say that it is a storyline. I dont know how reliable these sources are. I just thought it was weird that AJ said he was going to cripple him and if it was purely an accident, he nearly did cripple him.
Still if it part of a storyline, it is pretty dangerous especially for Stevie

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
It wasnt a botch just a well worked work. Styles clash involves styles throwing himself facedown. He made no attempt to move horizontally. Also if you watch AJ his jump is tiny and and lands on one foot to make sure theres not much power in the move aswell.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
i didn't rewatch the match but if something did go wrong normally the referee will put up a -X- sign in the air to indicate that somebody is injured.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
i didn't rewatch the match but if something did go wrong normally the referee will put up a -X- sign in the air to indicate that somebody is injured.
Ref checked on Stevie then went and got AJs belt and lifted his arm.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
The referee did react and made a half cross sign. I personally thought it was a botch and Stevie took the move badly. But if it was scripted that way AND it was not that dangerous to Stevies neck as it seemed, it was a good work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The referee did react and made a half cross sign. I personally thought it was a botch and Stevie took the move badly. But if it was scripted that way AND it was not that dangerous to Stevies neck as it seemed, it was a good work.
I just rewatched the match and I did not see the referee make the half cross sign. As soon as AJ hit his move, the ref counted three.

·
Registered
17 Posts
the first time i watched the match i thought it is a botch but after i know that aj said that he will broke his neck or something like that , watched it again & ref and commentary acting i think it is a storyline

·
Registered
189 Posts
when i watched it stevie had a big grin on his face while he was gettin pinned like "haha i cant believe he just messed that up" maybe they made a mistake and are running with it?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts