1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
it's because he wanted a hulk hogan vs austin match at that wm (which was wm 22 if not mistaken)

anyways austin refused the match and hogan was pissed about that , he was trying to get austin in the ring for two years

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Let's make this clear, say what you want about Hogan as to whether, or not if he is better than, or more popular than Austin. Austin may have sold more of this, and had more money here, or there. However, Hogan has been relevant since the 80's, and when I say relevant I mean he is the first person that comes to mind when someone who knows nothing about wrestling except for the fact that they know who Hulk Hogan is. I have heard Hulk's name dropped in the most out of wrestling places. Hogan is literally pop culture icon, and not just a Professional Wrestling Icon. You can't really say that for Austin. Hogan covers a larger portion of people than Austin ever will. Those are just my views though.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let's make this clear, say what you want about Hogan as to whether, or not if he is better than, or more popular than Austin. Austin may have sold more of this, and had more money here, or there. However, Hogan has been relevant since the 80's, and when I say relevant I mean he is the first person that comes to mind when someone who knows nothing about wrestling except for the fact that they know who Hulk Hogan is. I have heard Hulk's name dropped in the most out of wrestling places. Hogan is literally pop culture icon, and not just a Professional Wrestling Icon. You can't really say that for Austin. Hogan covers a larger portion of people than Austin ever will. Those are just my views though.:rolleyes:
I agree actually, he is the biggest superstar in professional wrestling of all time. FACT!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
nope, if you really wanna scrtach your head at "legit pissed" try watching flair on tna

im pretty sure its real to him

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
what was the crowd chanting?
Austin/Hogan!

He might have been a little ticked off. If Hogan really tried to set up the match and Austin refused, he probably didn't like how Austin referred to having a match with his comment then, basically contradicting himself. Smart move by Austin to refuse though.

·
Banned
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I liked Austin, but I do feel he was a bit worried if he ever faced Hogan at Wrestlemania a lot of fans would turn on him and join the HULKAMANIACS, Hogan was that appealing and powerful stardom wise.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Hulk Hogan was legit pissed off about what Stone Cold Steve Austin said as it was only a few monts after Hulk Hogan had gone out to the ring at Raw Homecoming and cut a promo trying to set up Austin/Hogan. From what was said around the time Hulk Hogan basically went into business for himself as the discussion between Stone Cold Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan and Vince McMahon had just only began and Stone Cold Steve Austin was still said to be against it but was said to have rejected it after Raw Homecoming.

Maybe this was Stone Cold Steve Austin getting a measure of revenge on Hulk Hogan for what he saw as Hulk Hogan publicly calling him out at Raw Homecoming and going into business for himself by making the Austin/Hogan thing public in the way he did. I do love to way Stone Cold Steve Austin turns around after saying it and looks right at Hulk Hogan and then turns back round to the crowd and says "damn right" as he completely owned Hulk Hogan in every way possible and took all the spotlight away from him.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
Wasn't even that funny, i don't see why he'd be mad

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
If I was McMahon, I would have made it very simple. First of all, the best time probably would have been WrestleMania XX. There was no HUGE WM match that year. XIX had Rock/Austin III and Hogan/McMahon. 21 had HBK/Angle, 22 had HHH/Cena, 23 had Batista/UT, 24 had Flair/HBK, and 25 probably would have been too late (though the most reasonable time.

Here would be the deal: whoever loses gets paid more. Want to go over? Take a paycut. It's a total comprimise. What means more to who? That's what I would have done.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I agree actually, he is the biggest superstar in professional wrestling of all time. FACT!
I second that to every time I have talk to someone about wrestling (usually someone older) Hogan always comes into mind (from that person) no Austin or The Rock. Hogan was very big, but I still prefer Austin. And yea I believe Hogan was pissed.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
not at all in my eyes! he has been bitching quite a bit lately!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts