Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't fit it in the title, but what I mean was did anyone think Chris Harris would actually be more successful than James Storm? Well, except Johnny Ace.

Once the break up was imminent it always seemed that James Storm was the breakout star of the two.

Russo apparently did, he wanted Harris to win the NWA World Title from Jarrett when they had their match in May 2004 but Jarrett vetoed it at the last minute.

· The Middle Rope
2,473 Posts
Harris was greedy and thought he would be a big star over in the WWE when infact as soon as he stopped taking the steroids to adhere to the wellness policy he just became another fat guy in a 1 piece. Shot himself in the foot he could of had a bright future in TNA.

To answer your question.. Yes at that time Harris was the better of the two, just like Roode is better of the two now IMHO. I still see Storm as a major talent though. It would probably be a good idea to reform AMW for a short while, this would give Roode chance to break away as a singles wrestler.

· Registered
1,129 Posts
I remember his short singles run in TNA.

· Banned
3,816 Posts
i think tna trusted him more.

they put him in the main event at slammiversary.

i think they gave two veterans for storm and harris to work with (rhyno and goldust)after their feud. harris flopped badly, but storm was awesome during his feud with rhyno.

· Registered
1,931 Posts
Harris and Storm are to TNA what Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase are to WWE. Harris had "the look," but was pretty weak on the mic, not the best wrestler, and got fat in WWE. Storm was a lot softer-looking, but was a good heel and could always put on a show, just like Rhodes and DiBiase. Ted looks he should be a main eventer, but he isn't. Cody is a much better talker and wrestler.

· Registered
2,680 Posts
I'm with Lady Croft, I much preferred Storm, but it always seemed like Harris was going to be TNA's choice to get the push. Remember, they had Harris spearhead the "Breaking the Glass Ceiling" period that saw some of TNA's young guns enter the main-event for a short time (Kaz, Lethal, etc.)

· Banned
388 Posts
I liked Harris more than Storm in the old AMW days. Back when Harris was slim, had a nice body and a cool gimmick. AMW were way cooler than Beer Money.

Wrestling excelence = ROH CHIKARA SHIMMER
Events I will attend on my wrestling road trip: SHIMMER 26TH & 27TH MARCH, ROH 2ND APRIL, WRESTLEMANIA 3RD APRIL, RAW 4TH, PWG WINNING 9TH APRIL.​

· Banned
2,426 Posts
He was definitely presented that way and it was easy to believe it, but it's difficult to be objective in hindsight. At the time I preferred Chris Harris, but Braden Walker has tainted my memory too much to remember if it was because of his abilities or simply because he was pushed into the spotlight.

· Banned
4,575 Posts
Harris and Storm are to TNA what Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase are to WWE. Harris had "the look," but was pretty weak on the mic, not the best wrestler, and got fat in WWE. Storm was a lot softer-looking, but was a good heel and could always put on a show, just like Rhodes and DiBiase. Ted looks he should be a main eventer, but he isn't. Cody is a much better talker and wrestler.
Prefect analogy.

I always preferred Storm, though. Strangely, I prefer Roode now.

· Registered
837 Posts
yes, harris was more popular. Harris wasnt bad in the ring and i thought he did a good job n had a great match with jeff jarret. He was suppose to be the face of tna but i think he got injured and that messed it up for him. also they started bringing old timers in and that kinda took the spotlight away from him. I liked both harris and storm but i liked harris more because his style felt more like a main eventer even tho i wouldnt mind seeing storm be in the main event spot. Now i remember maybe a year or 2 ago that there was a topic on who you guys think is better . _roode or storm_ and almost every1 said roode and on this topic people still sayin roode is better n we are talking about AMW but like i said about 2 years ago.... Your all crazy for saying roode is better. " years ago you guys were also saying that he was the future. GTFO!! lol I think storm is way better then roode and roode is just boring

· Oh My Goddess
5,107 Posts
Harris was more popular for a while but I honestly preferred Storm even then. And while I quite like Roode, I think James might actually be a shade cooler as a promo man when he is really on.

Beer Money are a perplexing item for TNA. Both have potential to possibly be singles stars. But doing that would break up one of TNA's truly outstanding tag units and create a void not easily filled in a part of their product that TNA values (unlike the E who care little about tag wrestling in recent times.)

· Banned
11,216 Posts
Harris was always more popular than Storm, just like Jeff was more popular than Matt, Edge more so than Christian, and Ray more than Devon. Harris never getting the title is a joke. He left to go to WWE because TNA weren't doing anything with him, so it's not as if he was 'greedy' as someone suggested.

· Registered
9,932 Posts
I think their popularity was equal, but TNA believed Harris had a bigger chance to be a star. I still think if Harris was in shape and wasn't demotivated by his WWE run, he could still work like he used to.

· Usertitle ist hier
14,616 Posts
I never saw one better than the other, but I always underestimated Storm, but he's come into his own. You don't look at BM and see Roode as the star, whereas it was, at times, all about Harris when it was AMW.

· Registered
420 Posts
I still think Storm has a lot more star potential than either Roode or Harris do/did (not that Roode isn't also main-event material). Harris was good, but it showed when he showed up in the WWE that he was at a loss as a singles star (not to mention the horrible gimmick they gave him).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.