Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He was so marinated in his gimmick I can't tell. How would he do in an actual fight against Jim Neidhart (in their primes)? Did Bret get into any actual real fights during his career?

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Don't know of any off hand. So I don't know.

I really don't know why it is even important to know if/if not someone is "legit". Besides there are probably just as many people who are legit that don't get into fights as there are people who are legit that get into fights.

·
Banned
1,431 Posts
I mean he was in fabulous shape so I imagine he could hold his own although what do I know

Off topic ever hear Scott Steiner's rant on HBK, HHH, and Flair pretty funny stuff people

·
Registered
175 Posts
He was so marinated in his gimmick I can't tell. How would he do in an actual fight against Jim Neidhart (in their primes)? Did Bret get into any actual real fights during his career?
His father was pretty notorious for torturing people , so it would probably be pretty hard to do something to him that hasn't been done before.

If you watch wrestling with shadows you'll see Vince hobbling around backstage after Bret nailed him in the face at Survivor Series, and everyone in the clique pretty much acted like they were a little bit afraid of a confrontation with him.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Bret had a locker room fight with Shawn Michaels in the summer of '97, and was the winner of that. But some say they were mostly going for each other's hair, and Bret had a big handful of Shawn's after the fight.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
I'd say growing up in a wrestling family, Bret had to handle himself. I'm sure been the son of a promoter, some of the other wrestler's either took advantage of him in the ring or wanted to see how tough he was. Maybe he's not one of the legit badasses of pro wrestling, but I wouldn't have messed with Bret Hart.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Why do people care whether wrestlers are tough in real life or not? Why does it actually matter?

What benefit is it to know whether some guy could handle himself in a fight or not? Especially when asking about people who were in their physical prime many years ago

·
Registered
171 Posts
I agree, who cares if somebody that is good at fake fighting is also good at real fighting? I mean, do you ever actually want to watch a Haku match?

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Guess it's how you define 'badass'. I would say yes. All the Hart brothers were. But Bret wasn't the kind of guy who went out to some bar and actively looked for a fight, and thus he wasn't messed with. He's was more of a well-behaved loner passing his time in the gym, in charity efforts, or on the road bus drawing pencil cartoons. Maybe that's not 'badass' to some people...

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
He made Shawn Michaels his little bitch backstage when push came to shove.

- Vic
Hardly an accomplishment.

Shawn Michaels in real life is a p***y who cant take anyone in a real fight back then (or even now). Furthermore, they made Shawn pretend that he had no idea what was going on during the Montreal Screwjob just so Bret wouldnt f*** him up on a live PPV after the match ended.

Bret was a shooter with very strong take down abilities, just like his Dad. He probably could take most wrestlers down in a real fight (except maybe Shamrock, Lesnar or Angle). He got into his fair share of real fights, and as far as I can tell, he never lost.

Jericho testified on his podcast with Meltzer that Bret was a legit shooter, and was trained in the dungeon by the best. He also added that if a real fight ever happened between Bret and Shawn, Bret would win.

My only wish is that Bret should have given the same courtesy to Triple HGH after the MSJ as he did to Vince.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts