Wrestling Forum banner

War of '09: Match #4 - Perfect Poster vs. Austin101 vs. jbloser vs. Seabs

636 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  seabs 
#1 ·
Female professional wrestlers have no legitimacy in WWE/TNA.​

Deadline to hand in your debate will be Sunday March 8th. Failure to show will result in an automatic disqualification. As previously mentioned, your debates are to be posted in this thread only.

You have the option to choose your own side of the topic so you may debate the same side without consequence.

Good luck.

#2 · (Edited)
-Female professional wrestlers have no legitimacy in WWE/TNA?

This is a very subjective, controversial and interesting topic to go over here.

Almost everyone has an opinion, one way or another (whether they are aware of it or not) on this discussion and the reason it's a fun subject to tackle for me, is because I have a number of feelings on the matter and for good reason.

Personally I don`t like Women`s wrestling. There I said it, I don`t know if that makes me sexist or a bad person, I just don`t really enjoy it. I'd rather see eye candy or perhaps a sexy valet. Now in saying that I am not saying Women are not good wrestler`s because they are.

It would be flat out wrong to neglect all the fine Women's Wrestling over time from the likes of Wendi Richter, Alundra Blayze, Lita, Trish Stratus, Mickie James, or the classic Japanese stars such as Manami Toyota, Toshiyo Yamada, Dynamite Kansai, Mayumi Ozaki, Kyoko Inoue and Aja Kong just to name a few.

Now I have enjoyed some of there work. I just don`t most of the time and majority rules here.

For me though, when I watch Wrestling I`d like to see the Males do it simply because they are better at it. It's true. It`s a fact that men are more athletic and have a better build and can do a lot more inside the ring. Sure with the structure of the female body they can do certain moves men can`t but at the same time men can do a lot of things Women can`t either. It`s traditional and I don`t want it to change. I have enjoyed some female work over time but I don`t like Diva matches and I especially don't enjoy when diva`s try to be wrestler's when they don`t know a wristlock from a wristwatch.

So by saying that one would assume that I`d say Women have no legitimacy in WWE and TNA. Well no, I'm not saying that at all. I`m saying that I`m not a big fan of it and if I want to watch it then I want to see ONE match per show of them and only the best of the best. That`s it.

There legitimacy to the product if subjected to that portion of the show could be justified in that sense but until that happens then I won't care. I appreciate there efforts to expand with more of them attempting to become Wrestler`s but I don`t see it working, not only because only a select few are GOOD at it but because the fan`s just don't care.

They don't.

"We want puppies", dead silence, or a big cheer if a Woman gets an article of clothing removed are basically the only sounds you hear in these matches so what does that say I`ve often wondered?

Steve Austin wrote in his book that he thinks they`re great for doing it but he`s not a fan of it either. Now sure that`s just one opinion, but he`s also a brilliant mastermind in this business and I happen to share the same opinion as him.

In closing I`d like to repeat that if it was limited and only the best of the best, I`d be more interested but until there`s a public interest it simply will not work nor will it be valid. The only way to obtain public interest is by booking the correct talent in a constructive manner.

They do have legitimacy just not in a big way from my perspective, as I'm certainly not a big fan of how they`ve controlled things over the years with the Females. Can it be different one day? Time will tell but for now I view it as basically irrelavent for the most part.

#3 ·
Female professional wrestlers have no legitimacy in WWE/TNA.

This is a very interesting debate and it's easy to debate either side of the argument.

For me though I'm going to debate against Female Wrestlers having legitimacy in WWE. I'm not going to go into TNA because I dont watch enough to put forward a strong enough argument either for or against so I'm just going to stick with WWE.

For a wrestler to be legit imo they need to have potential to become a star and to become a great wrestler with WWE. Women wrestlers are never going to become stars nor become great wrestlers in WWE. They dont put on great matches. It's that simple. Fans dont tune into Raw or Smackdown each week to watch a Divas match. They dont draw anything for WWE so what legitimacy do they have?

They do nothing to affect ratings. Whether they're on the show or not they wont affect ratings or buyrates for a PPV whereas a legit draw such as a Cena or a Triple H will. No matter what the Divas do it's not going to affect ratings. They dont have a huge effect on merchandise and DVD sales to say that deserve their spot on the roster legitimatly. Women will never sell the type of merchandise that a main event star such as Cena or Triple H will or even a mid card wresler such as a MVP or a Shelton Benjamin.

I'd put them on the same level as undercard wrestlers for a weekly show. To which you may ask, do the undercard wrestlers have any legitimacy in WWE then? Yes they do. Most of the undercard are new, young talent that could be future stars in the business and those that aren't have normally been around in the business for a while and are veterans such as Jim Duggan for example. Either way they serve a purpose in the business. They will either become a legitimate wrestler in the company or they've already been a legitimate wrestler and now they've made the move down to the undercard. The Divas will never make the same rise up the card and will never be seen as legitimate wrestlers at a high standard that male wrestlers will.

Most of them are only on TV because of their sex appeal and wrestle regardless of their actual wrestling skills. They would serve much more purpose if just the best looking Divas stayed on as Valets and then actually served a purpose and had a legitimacy in the business rather than basically being a filler on shows. At least as Valets they can help actual legitimate wrestlers and even have a legitimacy for themsleves which they dont have wrestling.

So in conclusion I dont believe that female wrestlers have any legitimacy in WWE as they do nothing to affect ratings or buyrates or merchandise sales and dont benefit WWE greatly as a business which is what WWE is. I highly doubt that they would see any increase or decrease in turnover or ratings if they decided to drop the Womens Division altogether so therefore I dont believe that they serve any legitimacy to WWE as a business.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.